Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
What's the best current offers?
  • 100,000 Marriott Rewards Points: After $5K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year) Offer ends July 5, 2018
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.
OR:
  • $200 Statement Credit: After first purchase in your first three months from account opening.
  • 2 FREE NIGHT AWARDS (each valued up to 35,000 points): After you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
  • Annual Fee Waived first year; then $95 per year.
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.

Offer not available to those who already have the Chase Marriott Rewards credit card, but an upgrade offer may be available to you.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
New rates

New rates eff. 8/1 can be found here: https://points-redemption.marriott.com/category-change Also ongoing discussion on Marriott forum.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch
These certificates will be good for 35k for bookings after August 1. They never explained how they'd work before that. All Marriott certificates are based on hotel categories, not points, through July 31.

Redemption levels are changing on August 1, with current category names and levels not matching post-August category names. It's very hard to figure out, just wait until August 1 if you can to use the certificate. There are point levels today that won't exist on August 1, and there are point levels coming on August 1 that don't exist today. So it's probably because of this point level mismatch that it's only working up to 30k today, even though it's expected work up to 35k come August 1.

Of course, until they publish the list (nobody knows for sure when), you won't know if the hotels you see today for 30k will 35k or 25k or what come August 1. In the very small list they already published for just a couple cities worldwide, some hotels moved down in points while others moved up.

They likely left this info off precisely because it's so confusing to explain (before August 1 has come and gone).
ok this makes sense. I am in no hurry to use the certificates so I will just wait and see!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I canceled my old Chase Marriott Visa ~5-May-2018. I applied for this offer today and was instantly approved. I did check my Experian credit report to confirm the old account was closed and made sure I had no balance.

I did not have to wait 60 days.
Got the new card, spent $9K in the first week. $200 credit posted to my account 24-Jun-2018. Two free night (up to 35,000 points each) certs added to my Marriott account 27-Jun-2018.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott
I couldn't get it to work either.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Elana Broch
I couldn't get it to work either.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Elana Broch.

It's unclear to me, given that you didn't reply to a particular message, and that there are over 100 messages in this thread already, what that "it" is that you cannot get to work, and in what way you cannot get it to work?

Please clarify if possible. Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:22 am

I haven't been able to find any info on a specific August date for the beginning of the program, including calling Marriott on 7/3. Can anyone confirm the 8/1 date in posts above?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Delays in posting signup bonus?

I met my spend requirement on 7/4, before my statement closed on 7/7. However, the 75000 signup bonus for the biz card isn't showing on my statement. I called Chase and they will investigate and call me back within 7 days. - Hope they can correct this before the 8/1 devaluation.

Has anyone missed receiving points with their statement close, and instead received the points in between statements?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by eethan
I met my spend requirement on 7/4, before my statement closed on 7/7. ....
You will likely receive the points when the next statement is generated. Bonuses earned in the last ~week of a billing period, on any Chase card, are typically delayed.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankhi
I haven't been able to find any info on a specific August date for the beginning of the program, including calling Marriott on 7/3. Can anyone confirm the 8/1 date in posts above?
No, because a strong rumor is that it's been delayed at least few days, but they haven't announced the exact day yet.

So all we can confirm is that it's likely to be later than Aug 1 at this point, but no one know yet exactly how much later, or what the reason for the delay is. (Given how many zillions of things they haven't explained yet how they'll work in the new program, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not expecting to be ready on Aug 1 But that's just a cynical guess .)
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, because a strong rumor is that it's been delayed at least few days, but they haven't announced the exact day yet.

So all we can confirm is that it's likely to be later than Aug 1 at this point, but no one know yet exactly how much later, or what the reason for the delay is. (Given how many zillions of things they haven't explained yet how they'll work in the new program, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not expecting to be ready on Aug 1 But that's just a cynical guess .)
So it was scheduled for Aug 1 ? Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone have any thoughts on whether it makes sense to grab this card plus an Amex Plat compared to the upcoming Amex SPG "luxury" card?

I'm mainly after the Marriott Gold Status and 15 night elite credit -- the annual cert is nice, but mostly gravy.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankhi
So it was scheduled for Aug 1 ? Thanks
Many things just said "in August", but one or two things said "Aug 1". But at least one thing said "Aug 4". So it depends exactly on what you're asking about as to whether it ever said Aug 1 or not.

The problem is, until a new date is announced, you have to assume than anything you have to get done before the new program starts could be as early as Aug 1, but that anything you have to wait for the new program starting to do could be much later in August!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:36 pm

Received bonus on 7/13. Can confirm, no need to wait 30 or 60 days to re-apply when cancelling previous version of card.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:34 pm

The bonus has now been downgraded to 75k with the new card. I was planning to apply but now have just missed out.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to still get the 100k bonus? I remember when the sapphire reserve bonus changed, for a few days or weeks after, people could still go to a branch to get the old bonus.

Anyone know?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Quantum
The bonus has now been downgraded to 75k with the new card. I was planning to apply but now have just missed out.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to still get the 100k bonus? I remember when the sapphire reserve bonus changed, for a few days or weeks after, people could still go to a branch to get the old bonus.

Anyone know?
It was always advertised the 100K would end on 7/12.
Personally, around 7pm EST on 7/12 I went to apply and both Chase and Marriott sites were already showing 75K. Wait....it is still the 12th????

I applied anyway via an email link that stated 100K to the 12th and assume I will need to fight it if I end up with the 75K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.