Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
What's the best current offers?
  • 100,000 Marriott Rewards Points: After $5K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year) Offer ends July 5, 2018
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.
OR:
  • $200 Statement Credit: After first purchase in your first three months from account opening.
  • 2 FREE NIGHT AWARDS (each valued up to 35,000 points): After you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
  • Annual Fee Waived first year; then $95 per year.
  • Anniversary Free Night Award: Valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 Marriott points.
  • Automatic Silver Elite Status: With your Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, you are given automatic Silver Elite Status.

Offer not available to those who already have the Chase Marriott Rewards credit card, but an upgrade offer may be available to you.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS 75,000 Point Bonus after $5000

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by justinh20
I received the offer for 10k points for the product change. Anyone know if they will do a hard credit pull?
No, they won't.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
My wife is an authorized user on my Marriott Visa card. I'd like her to apply for the Premier Plus and earn the 100k. Do I have to remove her as an authorized user before she applies?
Old May 28, 2018, 2:01 pm

While closing my Rewards card, the CSR recommended waiting until the card appears closed on the credit report. Otherwise, there is a chance the application for the new card may be declined. He also mentioned a 20K points bonus if I choose to upgrade.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:36 am

I cancelled my card to reapply for the new one instead of the upgrade they offered. The rep told me I would qualify for the new one and could reapply during the same phone call as the cancellation. I was skeptical as I had read too many things.....wait 60 days, wait until credit report is updated, etc.

For those of you that cancelled and reapplied.....did you find success after making the minimum spend? If so, how long did you wait to reapply?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Troopers
From DoC, another offer: $3,000 MSR in 3 months, 2 free nights (up to 35k), $200 statement credit and first year AF waived

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...67RW&SPID=FSCB
I canceled my old Chase Marriott Visa ~5-May-2018. I applied for this offer today and was instantly approved. I did check my Experian credit report to confirm the old account was closed and made sure I had no balance.

I did not have to wait 60 days.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I was wondering if the 90 day $5,000 spend clock for the 100,000 bonus points starts when you are approved for the card or when you activate the card? I applied and was approved about 3 weeks and just got the email yesterday that my card was in the mail.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by holocker
I was wondering if the 90 day $5,000 spend clock for the 100,000 bonus points starts when you are approved for the card or when you activate the card? I applied and was approved about 3 weeks and just got the email yesterday that my card was in the mail.
Oh that's too bad that they are taking so long to mail the cards. I'm holding off on a few purchases/bill-pays until my husband gets his card in the mail (I'm sure my doctor appreciates that, haha). I hope it doesn't take 3 weeks.
I don't know the answer to the question, but I'm pretty sure in the past that it was the "account opening date" which was within a day of the approval date. Spend quickly, my friend.

Oh for a more definitive answer, I think you can call customer service and ask them when your 90 days expires. I did that for a Chase card within the last couple of years.

Last edited by ehallison; Jun 8, 2018 at 5:01 pm Reason: add' info
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Received a card in the mail to upgrade my Marriott card and get 20,000 bonus points.

What are the negatives of the new card (over the original) except the $10 extra and the loss of trip insurance?

Not sure what the trip insurance covered anyway?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ehallison
Oh that's too bad that they are taking so long to mail the cards. I'm holding off on a few purchases/bill-pays until my husband gets his card in the mail. I hope it doesn't take 3 weeks.
I don't know the answer to the question, but I'm pretty sure in the past that it was the "account opening date" which was within a day of the approval date. Spend quickly, my friend.
Your account number is assigned instantly upon approval. You can call Chase and get your number and start using it online immediately.

Five minutes after I applied, I logged into my online Chase account and could see my new card there with the last four digits of the account number showing.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club
FYI, according to the ad in my Marriott.com account, the 100k offer ends July 5th.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:02 pm

Has anyone cancelled the card, gotten the new one and spent the $3k needed to get 100k? Did it all work out ok. I'm still curious if one needs to wait 30-60 days after cancelling to be eligible for the point bonus.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Your account number is assigned instantly upon approval. You can call Chase and get your number and start using it online immediately.

Five minutes after I applied, I logged into my online Chase account and could see my new card there with the last four digits of the account number showing.
This didn't work for us. My husband can see the partial account number online, but when he called to ask for the full number, the CSR couldn't/wouldn't give it to him. He said the card was still in "partner verification" status which makes me think Marriott is causing the delays in getting cards. He assured my husband the card would be mailed within 10 business days of the original application/approval.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I just got my card today, June 13, 3-4 weeks after being approved. Activated it online and looked at the first bill and was billed the annual fee on June 5. I messaged about the time to spend the $5,000 for the bonus and was told I would have until Sept 14 for the $5,000 spend, so 90 days from activating the card.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
So I completed my $3K spend on the card, and I received my certificates.
When you look at them in your account, it doesn't specifically say how many pts. they are valid for (even though in this form it says up to 35K each)

I browsed some hotels using pts and acted like I was going to check out, and I noticed that the certificates are only good for 30K a piece

Does anyone else see anything different?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alrvd83
So I completed my $3K spend on the card, and I received my certificates.
When you look at them in your account, it doesn't specifically say how many pts. they are valid for (even though in this form it says up to 35K each)

I browsed some hotels using pts and acted like I was going to check out, and I noticed that the certificates are only good for 30K a piece

Does anyone else see anything different?
These certificates will be good for 35k for bookings after August 1. They never explained how they'd work before that. All Marriott certificates are based on hotel categories, not points, through July 31.

Redemption levels are changing on August 1, with current category names and levels not matching post-August category names. It's very hard to figure out, just wait until August 1 if you can to use the certificate. There are point levels today that won't exist on August 1, and there are point levels coming on August 1 that don't exist today. So it's probably because of this point level mismatch that it's only working up to 30k today, even though it's expected work up to 35k come August 1.

Of course, until they publish the list (nobody knows for sure when), you won't know if the hotels you see today for 30k will 35k or 25k or what come August 1. In the very small list they already published for just a couple cities worldwide, some hotels moved down in points while others moved up.

They likely left this info off precisely because it's so confusing to explain (before August 1 has come and gone).

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 28, 2018 at 7:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.