Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
Yea, I believe it's the 24th. I'm not sure when the tracker shows up, SO's is in the app, but we've had the card for a few weeks now.
And it is on the app now - so probably takes a day to show up.
Good for now, however the text says 125k points without mention of the FN, but hoping that it's attached in the backend.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:09 am

IHG Premier Referral Link - No mention of 1 Free Night

I was gonna use my spouse's referral link to apply for the IHG Premier Card. But that shows only the 125k points & no mention of 1 Free Night as SUB. Any one had success in getting the 1 Free Night Cert as SUB using a referral link?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by rnselv1
I was gonna use my spouse's referral link to apply for the IHG Premier Card. But that shows only the 125k points & no mention of 1 Free Night as SUB. Any one had success in getting the 1 Free Night Cert as SUB using a referral link?
I tried to find a referral link with the free night for SOs card but never found one, so we just went without the referral.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by senyah
And it is on the app now - so probably takes a day to show up.
Good for now, however the text says 125k points without mention of the FN, but hoping that it's attached in the backend.
I also have the select card and I think I am not going to get the sign up bonus for the premier card automatically (approved 1/31). No spending tracker at all online or in either the iPhone or the Android app, and my IHG account shows this:

02/02/2022
IHG Rewards Premier Card PLTN Upgrade
0 pts

It looks like IHG is treating my new card as an upgrade even though my Select card is still active and I applied directly from Chase (not using a referral or affiliate link). I met the $3000 spend in this statement period so if I do not get the bonuses after the close of the statement next week, I guess I will need to chat with Chase and hope for the best. I did take screen shots of the offer when I applied so hopefully I will get the bonuses in the end.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by mathprof
I also have the select card and I think I am not going to get the sign up bonus for the premier card automatically (approved 1/31). No spending tracker at all online or in either the iPhone or the Android app, and my IHG account shows this:

02/02/2022
IHG Rewards Premier Card PLTN Upgrade
0 pts

It looks like IHG is treating my new card as an upgrade even though my Select card is still active and I applied directly from Chase (not using a referral or affiliate link). I met the $3000 spend in this statement period so if I do not get the bonuses after the close of the statement next week, I guess I will need to chat with Chase and hope for the best. I did take screen shots of the offer when I applied so hopefully I will get the bonuses in the end.
It's not an upgrade of your card, but an upgrade of your membership (to platinum). I remember seeing it when I got my Premier card as well.
dw likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by fura2
Anyone know how to get the $50 of United Travel Bank cash?
Did anyone get the credit yet? Not showing in my account.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fura2
Anyone know how to get the $50 of United Travel Bank cash?
Originally Posted by sobore
Did anyone get the credit yet? Not showing in my account.

There's a registration page on the IHG site that you have to use: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...-offers/united

I just registered, and $25 instantly appeared in my TravelBank with an 18 month expiration on it (i.e. September 2023). I assume every 6 months or so another $25 will show up. Pretty straightforward and for me makes this card a real no-brainer (it was anyway, to be honest).
sobore and ithinkurdumb like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by cricketer
There's a registration page on the IHG site that you have to use: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...-offers/united

I just registered, and $25 instantly appeared in my TravelBank with an 18 month expiration on it (i.e. September 2023). I assume every 6 months or so another $25 will show up. Pretty straightforward and for me makes this card a real no-brainer (it was anyway, to be honest).
Thanks! Works almost immediately!
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Registered yesterday and the $25 is already showing.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by cricketer

I hope I just need to do this once.

thanks for the link!
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Just registered mine and no $$.

Tried to register my wife's Premier card and no success.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 26, 2022 at 8:01 pm
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by philemer
Just registered and nada.
It says give it up to 2 weeks.
I did mine and got it pretty quick. I did my parents and they both haven’t gotten it yet.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:09 am

Registered and $25 showed up right away with 18 months expiration date. I remembered reading it somewhere that the credits are use-it-or-lose-it (a la Amex credit)? 18 months expiration would surely make them useful for more people.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Registered and $25 showed up right away with 18 months expiration date. I remembered reading it somewhere that the credits are use-it-or-lose-it (a la Amex credit)? 18 months expiration would surely make them useful for more people.
My $25 showed up promptly. Thanks for noting the expiration date. I had understood that it was good for six months, but I also have 18 months, and I'm one of those people who will find that more useful.

A number of people are reporting registration failures. Would it be worthwhile to compare the entry URL that people are using? I believe I used www.ihg.com/united, as dw reported in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34103652-post454.html. I had seen other URLs, but hadn't tried any others.
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:28 am

The same link that's in post 487 here was in an email I received from IHG with the subject "Big news about your IHG® Premier Credit Card."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.