Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
If you do not already have one, it is recommended to sign up for an IHG One Rewards account, including a password, before applying for a credit card.

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/enrollment/join

This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:43 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
40x IHG Spend Promotion from Fall 2019

Anybody else sign up for this card last fall when they were including an extra 15x bonus points on IHG spend in the first year (advertising it as a total of 40x points)?

Given Covid-19 I’m wondering if anyone has inquired about getting this period extended since it’s not possible to travel?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: IHG Silver
Chase card points not posting in full?

Just a data point but maybe something for others to look out for. My April Chase IHG statement showed 4 categories of points - all correct. However the one that was for 'IHG Rewards Premier Card nonIHG Spend 3X Bns' did not post to my IHG account. The other 3 were just fine. I looked back at my previous months' postings and everything looked in order. After a call to IHG and then a transfer to Chase (thought they were not available but call went through) Chase has created a ticket and they said to expect it to take 14 business days for any resolution.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ymx
Anybody else sign up for this card last fall when they were including an extra 15x bonus points on IHG spend in the first year (advertising it as a total of 40x points)?

Given Covid-19 I’m wondering if anyone has inquired about getting this period extended since it’s not possible to travel?
Yes, I signed up last fall and will probably inquire about getting it extended, once I know my travel plans better. Good point you brought up, and please post if you reach out to them.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 3:45 pm

DP with all the Business card changes I decided to get the IHG card, IA ( day after SW Premier app/denial) on 140K offer
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:51 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I have the old IHG card ($49 fee) and have for years. I read somewhere that you can apply for the 140,000 bonus card ($89 fee) and get the bonus and hold both cards. Anyone else have any experience with this? I am looking at getting this to build up some points for a trip next year (or whenever it is safe to travel)

Thanks,
Old Jun 25, 2020, 2:04 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by fwfdan
I have the old IHG card ($49 fee) and have for years. I read somewhere that you can apply for the 140,000 bonus card ($89 fee) and get the bonus and hold both cards. Anyone else have any experience with this? I am looking at getting this to build up some points for a trip next year (or whenever it is safe to travel)

Thanks,
Yup practically my whole family has both versions of the cards. You are allowed to have both and will get the bonus also.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by fwfdan

Thanks,
Yes, I have the $49 version. I got the Premier recently and now have both versions. 140k bonus posted recently.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Yup practically my whole family has both versions of the cards. You are allowed to have both and will get the bonus also.
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Yes, I have the $49 version. I got the Premier recently and now have both versions. 140k bonus posted recently.
Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and applied. I have a hold on my credit due to the US Govt OPM (office of personnel management) breach a few years ago so it was not automatically approved and I expect a call for confirmation before it is approved...
Old Jul 2, 2020, 3:55 pm

IHG SUB Points Not Posting

Has anyone had an issue with the 140K SUB not posting ?

My statement says 144,972 points should have posted but only 4,972 points did.

Thanks

Update, 140K posted 3 days later, thanks

Last edited by flyer4512; Jul 7, 2020 at 10:59 am
Old Jul 2, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Has anyone had an issue with the 140K SUB not posting ?

My statement says 144,972 points should have posted but only 4,972 points did.

Thanks
My 140K bonus points posted about 2-3 days after the regular points posted. Same time frame for my spouse's bonus.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:11 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
My 140K bonus points posted about 2-3 days after the regular points posted. Same time frame for my spouse's bonus.
Same for me.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
4th night free benefit

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Approved for the IHG Traveller card 10 days ago. Recd card today. Looking forward to 4th night free benny foremost. When does this take effect on the website upon log in? I tried a dummy booking today and still shows 4 std reward nights as 4 times xx,xxx. Do I have to call to trigger this?
How long did it take for you guys to start seeing the 4th night free benefit?

Also, any ideas on when the 140k signup bonus offer might return?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
How long did it take for you guys to start seeing the 4th night free benefit?

Also, any ideas on when the 140k signup bonus offer might return?
I'm not sure exactly but I used my 4th night free right after my SUB posted which was day 3 after my first statement cut

140K bonus is gone but if you have a spouse/travel partner with the old $49 IHG card they can get a 10k referral so the total bonus is 135K
Old Jul 21, 2020, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I'm not sure exactly but I used my 4th night free right after my SUB posted which was day 3 after my first statement cut

140K bonus is gone but if you have a spouse/travel partner with the old $49 IHG card they can get a 10k referral so the total bonus is 135K
Thanks for the DP. Based on searching this thread and google, it appears the 4th night free benefit activates about a week after card approval.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:56 pm
Original Member

I added to the wiki an offer of 140K points plus $50.
StartinSanDiego likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.