Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Chase checking customers get 50,000 Ultimate Rewards pts with 100k deposit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Chase checking customers get 50,000 Ultimate Rewards pts with 100k deposit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by daveland
I went to a branch and patiently got answers to what I think are all the applicable questions which I posted here.
Thanks for scoping all that out.
I just moved to the states and setup CPC with chase a month ago!
Will have a chat to my banker when i'm back in the state, i'll see what he can do but sounds like not much...

That being said, holding out for a month for this offer would net me (50K UR points) much less than the capital gains over the same period. So net i'm still up, but it is definitely annoying a CPC can't get invited to move more money over (not that my decision would be based solely on 50K UR).
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:57 pm
formerly known as daveland
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by kimnkk
Thanks for scoping all that out.
I just moved to the states and setup CPC with chase a month ago!
Will have a chat to my banker when i'm back in the state, i'll see what he can do but sounds like not much...

That being said, holding out for a month for this offer would net me (50K UR points) much less than the capital gains over the same period. So net i'm still up, but it is definitely annoying a CPC can't get invited to move more money over (not that my decision would be based solely on 50K UR).
Can you explain how you are net up by opening the account a month ago when you couldn't get the 50k vs now? Did you get a deal worth more than 50k UR?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx
It's a reserve card, which allows you to buy travel at 1.5 cents per point. That's the logical value to assign.
But many redeem at one cent a point (non travel) and many redeem for more (transfer partners). So I won't make any assumptions. I'd really like Chase to just tell us.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:11 am

Can you explain how you are net up by opening the account a month ago when you couldn't get the 50k vs now? Did you get a deal worth more than 50k UR?
Nothing like that unfortunately, no signup offers.
Just net up in my investments through JP Morgan vs the value of 50K UR points (for me, 2c since I transfer for reward bookings).
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
It's a reserve card, which allows you to buy travel at 1.5 cents per point. That's the logical value to assign.
Well, that also overvalues for people that don't use them on travel (and outside of FTers, people do ;-) ) But more to the point, when are banks logical? Citi sure wasn't when they valued AA miles at 2.5 cents or Citi when they waited until you redeemed and 1099ed based on redeemed value. And here Chase is just saying "we have no idea" so I find that concerning.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... Chase is just saying "we have no idea" so I find that concerning.
I daresay someone at Chase does know, just not the people who were asked.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:47 am

I received the offer and find it confusing. The offer says:

1 upgrade to chase private client checking account
2 begin your relationship by depositing $100k
3 receive 50k sapphire reserve points

seems simple enough. But then it says:
Chase Private Client is available to individuals who maintain an average daily balance of $250,000 in qualifying Chase deposits and J.P. Morgan investments.

so it seems to me I have to deposit $250k to meet the offer requirements. I met with a chase private banker, the money can be held in a self-directed investment account with no fees. I guess the offer is worth about $500-$750. I don't place any value on the chase private banking relationship. In fact, there's probably a negative value due to the upsell sales calls.

I haven't looked lately, but one can probably do better with a brokerage bonus. Would love to hear opinions to the contrary...or maybe I'm misreading the offer.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Can you get the 50k UR for $100k if already CPC?

So,

My CPC banker told me my account had a notification that I was targeted for an offer, where if you moved 100k of new $ into a Chase account it would trigger a 50k UR bonus, money had to stay for 90 days like the old Fidelity offer. I went in to verify this, check in hand ready to move the $ from another bank. Then, when he called in, he was told this offer was only good for people who were not yet CPC, since I was already CPC, no 50k points for me. Anyone have any success working around this? I'd like the free 50k points if possible, and you'd think Chase would want my $.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:31 am

I just got this offer code in mail yesterday and I don't even have any checking or saving account with Chase. Not exactly sure how I could upgrade my checking when I don't have a checking LOL. Anyway, it said to deposit $100K into the new upgraded checking and maintain it for 90 days to get the 50K UR.

It did say that I got the offer because I have the CSR. My wife also got her own CSR but she didn't get the offer.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
I had the exact same situation as you, upgraded to CPC a couple month back and got a call from my CPC banker recently that the offer was in my profile. Called back a couple days later to confirm and want to bring in $100k new money but was told the offer did not show up in my profile anymore, also I need to get an email like everyone else with the code. I tried very hard through SM to try get the code and the offer but no go, they all need the unique code. Looks like Chase definitely doesn't care about current CPC customer's new money, as these people should be the best customers Chase would want to keep happy.

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
So,

My CPC banker told me my account had a notification that I was targeted for an offer, where if you moved 100k of new $ into a Chase account it would trigger a 50k UR bonus, money had to stay for 90 days like the old Fidelity offer. I went in to verify this, check in hand ready to move the $ from another bank. Then, when he called in, he was told this offer was only good for people who were not yet CPC, since I was already CPC, no 50k points for me. Anyone have any success working around this? I'd like the free 50k points if possible, and you'd think Chase would want my $.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Is there anyway to opt-in on this offer? I don't have PC status with Chase, but have top-tier non-PC checking and savings accounts with the bank.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:35 pm

contacted my local PC manager and he didn't find the offer under my account.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I got this offer today.

You have to become a CPC and deposit $100k and maintain it for 3 months.

I'd love the points but I'd have to sell stock and funds to have $100k tied up for that time.

Big opportunity cost if the market keeps going up.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:04 pm

I've thought a little more about this offer:
- to become a cpc, must have $250k total at chase
- $100k in their checking account represents a loss of interest. current one year interest rates are around 1.7%, so $1700 for one year. three months is 1700/4 = $425

doesn't really seem worth the trouble.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
but does chase cpc have monthly fee is balance is below $250k?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.