Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
How long does it take for the application status to be available on the automated system? I called a BRM to arrange a meeting, explained that I wanted to apply via DocuSign, and I was surprised that he went ahead and took my application over the phone. About 10 minutes later he sent me the DocuSign link over email, and after filling it out I got a form-style notification that just said "Thanks for applying, we'll let you know the result in the next 30 days". Is this normal for how DocuSign applications work? I was surprised that I called the automated status line and it has no record of my application yet...
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by morphogencc
How long does it take for the application status to be available on the automated system? I called a BRM to arrange a meeting, explained that I wanted to apply via DocuSign, and I was surprised that he went ahead and took my application over the phone. About 10 minutes later he sent me the DocuSign link over email, and after filling it out I got a form-style notification that just said "Thanks for applying, we'll let you know the result in the next 30 days". Is this normal for how DocuSign applications work? I was surprised that I called the automated status line and it has no record of my application yet...
BRM DocuSign apps take longer to hit the app status as they skip the automated review and go straight to manual. It sits in limbo until someone looks at your app and pulls your credit.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I applied with a BRM and used Docusign last month and he called to let me know I was approved exactly one week later. I did not check in with the automated status line at any point.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
BRM DocuSign apps take longer to hit the app status as they skip the automated review and go straight to manual. It sits in limbo until someone looks at your app and pulls your credit.
This makes sense -- thanks for the clarification. I haven't seem any credit inquiries, and didn't see the application in the automated line, so I was starting to get concerned that maybe the application wasn't properly submitted. But it sounds like this is normal -- thanks again.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:25 pm

Call and ask to change the "Legal Business Name" on your application to FIRSTNAME LASTNAME as it appears on your social security card. If they won't let you, or if you applied as something other than sole proprietor, you'll need to let the application lapse (30 days), then re-apply correctly: Personal name as the biz name, SSN as tax ID, Sole Prop as biz type, and your personal mailing address as the biz address.
Is it possible to change it? My partner made this same mistake, and obviously don't have the documents to prove the name...
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:14 am

Is it possible to change it? My partner made this same mistake, and obviously don't have the documents to prove the name...
It's rare to get an analyst who will allow this. In almost all circumstances, letting the application lapse and trying again (and filling out the application truthfully) in 30 days is the only solution.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:59 am

So, I made the mistake of using the business name of the company I work for, which obviously didn’t match my home address. I’m not sure what I was thinking, as I’ve applied for other Chase business cards before, including one in May. They wanted proof that the business existed at my address under my ss number, which it does not. I was then told to reapply using my name versus the business name, which was bad information, as it was automatically denied due it being considered a duplicate application. Given all of this, I was then instructed to wait 30 days to let the applications lapse, and then re-apply.

Question, if I apply for a different business card (United card), should I still wait 30 days until the other two ink applications fall off?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
Question, if I apply for a different business card (United card), should I still wait 30 days until the other two ink applications fall off?
Yes. At least 30 days from the 2nd Ink app.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:11 am

Yes. At least 30 days from the 2nd Ink app.
OK, I’ll wait. I appreciate your assistance.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
Data point from player 2:

~9 days for approval after completing online app.

Referred my wife (resident physician) last Saturday, Aug 24th. She completed the application online and received a message ala "Thank you for your application, we'll let you know." No follow up or approval from Chase (allegedly) until I started checking around here. I noticed the suggestion in the wiki to let it simmer before calling a live rep unless you receive a decline, so instead, opted to call the automated line. It proclaimed that her application was approved and for a ~10k credit line. I'll follow up when the card arrives.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:42 am

Here is my plan. I'm at 4/24 and 0/30 and currently have 2 IHG cards with 5k limit on each. I'm going to apply for the CIP business using ssn and one month later apply again with my ein (Self refer). Then in another month I can apply for the CIC business with ssn and wait another month and apply using ein. Then I'll repeat the process with the CIV business card. I've never had any of these cards before. Is that all correct? I'll still be at 4/24 after all this? Can I fit in the Southwest bus and personal cards somewhere in this mix? I want that companion pass! Perhaps as the last of the cards? Thanks guys.

Last edited by sarrisa; Sep 4, 2019 at 12:19 pm
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by sarrisa
Here is my plan. I'm at 4/24 and 0/30 and currently have 2 IHG cards with 5k limit on each. I'm going to apply (Self refer) for the CIP business using ssn and one month later apply again with my ein. Then in another month I can apply for the CIC business with ssn and wait another month and apply using ein. Then I'll repeat the process with the CIV business card. I've never had any of these cards before. Is that all correct? I'll still be at 4/24 after all this? Can I fit in the Southwest bus and personal cards somewhere in this mix? I want that companion pass! Perhaps as the last of the cards? Thanks guys.
You won't be able to "self-refer" for a CIP unless you already have a CIP.

General consensus/advice on applying for Chase cards is to wait 2-3 months between applications.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by sarrisa
Here is my plan. I'm at 4/24 and 0/30 and currently have 2 IHG cards with 5k limit on each. I'm going to apply for the CIP business using ssn and one month later apply again with my ein (Self refer). Then in another month I can apply for the CIC business with ssn and wait another month and apply using ein. Then I'll repeat the process with the CIV business card. I've never had any of these cards before. Is that all correct? I'll still be at 4/24 after all this? Can I fit in the Southwest bus and personal cards somewhere in this mix? I want that companion pass! Perhaps as the last of the cards? Thanks guys.
In order to be successful, a plan like this--to so aggressively target Chase biz cards--needs to be done slowly. The 6 Inks alone should take you nearly 18 months and you should be closing the first 1 or 2 prior to applying for the last 1 or 2.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
General consensus/advice on applying for Chase cards is to wait 2-3 months between applications.
In order to be successful, a plan like this--to so aggressively target Chase biz cards--needs to be done slowly. The 6 Inks alone should take you nearly 18 months and you should be closing the first 1 or 2 prior to applying for the last 1 or 2.
Is this true if you are applying for cards using separate EINs? And I thought 30 days was the only hard requirement between chase cards. Is there some sort of fuzzy review that will deny if you are opening every 31 days? I'm planning on a biz card run also.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:02 pm

Granted that is 3 months apart per applications but that is a lot of time for just 6 cards. At this point, one can cycle through another set as it is close to 24 months to receive the bonus for Ink cards. (churn every 24 months?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.