FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1787207-chase-sapphire-reserve-initial-application-frenzy.html)

Happy Aug 27, 2016 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj (Post 27127300)
Will chase ship a card somewhere else besides billing address? I was approved yesterday, but am going to be out of town from 9/1 through 9/11. Would love to get started on spend, but unless the card ships by Monday I probably won't get it before I leave.

The customer service rep said it would, even to a hotel or residential address outside US. However it would only be in your name, no C/O is allowed. For that reason I dont want to get it shipped overseas because the delivery service would ask for the names that are NOT on the residents list in the security system of the concierge desk at the building my brother lives. Surely dont want it to be sent to a hotel when the cards presumably are sent already activated! On top of that while we stay at the same hotel we are checking out in the middle of the stay to go somewhere and then return to the same hotel - it is just too much to make sure the cards would be properly received and safeguarded until they are in our hands.

We are in the same situation we leave home on Tuesday morning and fly to Hong Kong on Wednesday morning. No way the cards will arrive on Monday because there is still no UPS tracking email. Even if it shows up in UPS system in Monday it would be still outside our home area. So the travel spend would be wasted on other cards. Not a big loss but annoying nonetheless.

somebuddy Aug 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Does anyone know if this card has a referral bonus? I'm trying to decide if I should wait for a referral bonus at the risk of missing out on the 100,000 bonus offer.

conroy9 Aug 27, 2016 1:30 pm

Will chase ship a card somewhere else besides billing address? I was approved yesterday, but am going to be out of town from 9/1 through 9/11. Would love to get started on spend, but unless the card ships by Monday I probably won't get it before I leave.

Yep! As happy said, there's no problem as long as it's still in your name. I just had this done with my application on Monday

tmiw Aug 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Chase said "no" to my expedite request over SM. I presume I'm not going to have better luck calling in. Oh well, was worth a shot.

NYCFlyer10001 Aug 27, 2016 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x (Post 27126440)
So here is my experience on 5/24.
It is not set in stone.
You do not have to go to a branch.
You do not have to be CPC.

So 5/24 is not always in effect.

You are the only data point on the entire internet that was approved while over 5/24 without a preapproval or CPC, so I'm going to guess that you're not over 5/24 on the report that Chase pulled or that you are truly blessed, but I think saying "it is not set in stone" is pretty much untrue. There are hundreds of data points showing the card is under 5/24.

ellinj Aug 27, 2016 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by conroy9 (Post 27127560)
Yep! As happy said, there's no problem as long as it's still in your name. I just had this done with my application on Monday

Cool thanks, I just called and its being mailed to my parents house where I will be next week and the week after.

GrnLantern Aug 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Finally it my CSR.

Disappointed that it was the same metal as the Marriott Premier and United Club cards, and not the Ritz or Palladium cards.

I suppose that I shouldn't have expected it to be different since the United Club is $450, as well, and isn't like the Ritz card.

philemer Aug 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by somebuddy (Post 27127464)
Does anyone know if this card has a referral bonus? I'm trying to decide if I should wait for a referral bonus at the risk of missing out on the 100,000 bonus offer.

Not yet. In the future, who knows. My crystal ball is in the shop.

maanfi24 Aug 27, 2016 2:27 pm

I was in the same situation on Monday. They said they couldn't expedite it, so delivery couldn't be guaranteed to my hotel. I left delivery to my home address and it was delivered on Friday via UPS.

patrick.barnes Aug 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 27127747)
Not yet. In the future, who knows. My crystal ball is in the shop.

Why do people think the 100k offer is going to last? It's not. Look at Amex Plat and Citi Prestige.

They will reduce the bonus to 50 or 60k and keep it at 100k for CPC to make up for killing the Pallidium off.

This is a once in a 5 year or so opportunity to get 100k UR. Why wait?

NYCFlyer10001 Aug 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes (Post 27127801)
Why do people think the 100k offer is going to last? It's not. Look at Amex Plat and Citi Prestige.

They will reduce the bonus to 50 or 60k and keep it at 100k for CPC to make up for killing the Pallidium off.

I agree pretty much entirely with this point of view, especially given the best reason anyone has been able to articulate that they think the 100K bonus will stick around is "the in-branch collateral is printed with 100K on it".

Well, ...., I guess a company the size of Chase certainly can't print new pieces of cardstock with a new bonus offer on them in anything approaching a reasonable time period.

JerLon Aug 27, 2016 3:02 pm

Contacted SM to ask about the delay in shipping and it's impact on the minimum spend timeline. The response is that the timeline is based on the date of approval and that cannot/will not be adjusted - regardless of when the card ships.

tmiw Aug 27, 2016 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes (Post 27127801)

What about the CSP? They'll have to lower the bonus for that as well if CSR goes down to 50K and so far, it's been at 40-50K for a while. I can see the CSR requiring more spend for the 100K points though, or possibly a drop to 75K combined with the higher minimum.

tda1986 Aug 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by faceboy (Post 27106705)
Just called in and was told I was declined for 5/24. Based on my count I was only at 4/24 and that included 2 authorized user. Chase rep started naming my accounts from my credit report and he started realizing most of my accounts were authorized users. He went ahead and said he would resubmit for approval and ignore the authorized users account. I had to move around my line of credit from my United Card I opened a couple months ago with the 70k offer for approval but that was no big deal.

Just wanted to share for those who 5/24 includes authorized users. Its possible to get approved.

As an additional datapoint, my wife had a similar experience. She was 2/24, but was also an authorized user on 3 of my new cards in the past year. She got a denial in the mail a few days after applying, claiming too many accounts had been opened in the past 2 years. We called for reconsideration, explained that my wife was not personally liable on the AU accounts, and reduced her CSP credit limit. She was approved and her CSR appeared in her online account less than half an hour later.

teddy25 Aug 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by pianistat (Post 27127154)
That's great, but I am suspecting if you actually cancel your trip and receive a refund, Chase would reverse the statement credit, as well.

I guess we will find out soon.