FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1787207-chase-sapphire-reserve-initial-application-frenzy.html)

ahcjar103 Aug 24, 2016 9:48 am

Originally Posted by livestrongforever (Post 27112379)
anyone get the pending screen and then instead of calling reconsideration, just waited?

i got a reconsideration screen online last night. called reconsideration/lending services this morning and was approved.

FriscoHeavy Aug 24, 2016 9:48 am

Originally Posted by suziemay (Post 27112464)
Did you request for it to be expedited?

I'll provide a timeline.

-Monday (August 22nd): Applied on-line around 11:00 AM CST. Got a "Pending" Message, called Reconsideration line and by 11:30 AM, I had been Approved and it was showing on my Chase Log-in Account.

Transferred to Customer Service to Expedite. CSR said it cannot be done and should have it within 7-10 days.

-Tuesday (August 23rd): Approximately 6:45 PM CST, called Chase to inquire about expediting/rushing (I was bored). After a 5 minute chat, she advised me she will rush the card to me and should have it within a day or two.

At Approximately 7:30 PM CST, after reading more posts, discovered some were able to log on to UPS MyChoice and see that it had been shipped. I created an account and sure enough, it showed it had already been sent out on Tuesday via UPS, with delivery on Wednesday.

Overall Conclusion: Yes, I did ask for it to be expedited last night; however, from the time I made that request, there is no way it could have been created and shipped after I made the request (We are talking about 7:45 PM EST at this point). It was certainly going to be overnighted to me anyway. Now, I will be curious if I end up receiving another/2nd card via UPS tomorrow or Friday as a result of my call to the CSR who mentioned she would expedite it to me.

jmfly Aug 24, 2016 9:55 am

well I previously opted out of prescreened offers due to multiple moves and not wanting credit card applications to show up somewhere that I was not

so as expected, I did not have any preapproved in branch offers

sitting at 5/24 or 6/24 depending on how the amex/citi costco situation is viewed, so did not apply as it would seem to be pointless

anyone know how long it takes for preapproved offers to show up again after "opting in" - i am sure i will see them start to show up in the mail

seen_chong Aug 24, 2016 9:55 am

Is it possible to be pre-approved in-branch w/ an 8yo BK and stellar credit since?

paj1 Aug 24, 2016 9:55 am

Originally Posted by homanga (Post 27112468)
For AU is there any benefit aside their own personal access to PP (rumors that guests are potentially free with card holders). Otherwise no additional advantages? Didn't realize when I signed up the $75 fee for AU, will likely just cancel the wife and get her her own CSR in this case.

And repeat question that no one answered, how do I get my National Executive status if already a member with new card?

If you go to the Ultimate Rewards portal where it talks about National Executive status, there is a link you can click which will allow you to attach the contract to your existing account. When you do that, it gives you Executive status.

rbw5t Aug 24, 2016 10:05 am

Hmm, no offers show up for me on the Chase "pre-qualified" website check. It says that may be bc I have opted out. I have no recollection, but it sounds like something I might well have done. How do I opt back in? I looked, but can't find a place to do it on the website. Thanks!

Tpa-flyer Aug 24, 2016 10:05 am

For the record, my husband is not the points/miles hobby aficionado in the family. He's not even what one might call an enthusiast. Still, he perked up a bit when told about the Reserve bonus offer. He applied online day before yesterday and got the 7-10 day response. A few hours later he called the Recon number but the wait time was excessive so he hung up. Yesterday he called the Recon number again, got through to a rep, and after moving around some credit from another Chase account, got approved. He said the call took about 5-10 minutes. At the time of application he was 3/24 with Chase, 808 credit score, holding a checking and savings accounts with Chase, $100,000+ income, and had all the factors that one would assume would have been an instant approval. We think he got the 7-10 day response so that some determination might be made about what credit limit to assign to his Reserve. Not sure bec he did not ask why no instant approval, but that's our suspicion. I want to apply for the Reserve, too, but I'm over 5/24 and have to wait for a couple of cards to roll off my credit report first. This condition, of course, has me none too happy. Anyway, don't be shy to call the Recon desk should you also get the same initial answer my husband did. He was all prepared to suggest looking at moving credit around, but the rep mentioned doing that before he ever got the chance. Several months ago he applied for a Barclay Bank Hawaiian Airlines card and right now we're in discussion about using HA to fly to Maui and using the Reserve bonus UR points to stay at the Hyatt Andaz (if we can score availability.) These plans could change, of course, as it's too early to be sure. What we are sure of is we're stoked about this new Chase product! Good luck, everyone.....sure do hope many many good trips are out there for each of you w/this new stack of UR pts.

FriscoHeavy Aug 24, 2016 10:06 am

On Vehicle for Delivery Today

Delivered

Scheduled Delivery:

Wednesday, 08/24/2016, By End of Day

Last Location:
Mckinney, TX, United States, Wednesday, 08/24/2016

Shipment Progress

Location Date Local Time Activity

Mckinney, TX, United States 08/24/2016 8:10 A.M. Out For Delivery
DFW Airport, TX, United States 08/24/2016 6:15 A.M. Departure Scan
08/24/2016 5:40 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 08/24/2016 4:44 A.M. Departure Scan
08/24/2016 12:20 A.M. Arrival Scan
Obetz, OH, United States 08/23/2016 8:53 P.M. Departure Scan
08/23/2016 6:47 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 08/23/2016 7:37 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Additional Information
Reference Number(s):Deleted for Privacy: Shipment Category: PackageShipped/Billed On:08/23/2016Weight:2.00 lbs

jmfly Aug 24, 2016 10:18 am

Originally Posted by rbw5t (Post 27112671)
Hmm, no offers show up for me on the Chase "pre-qualified" website check. It says that may be bc I have opted out. I have no recollection, but it sounds like something I might well have done. How do I opt back in? I looked, but can't find a place to do it on the website. Thanks!

OptOutPrescreen.com if you have previously opted out of all prescreened CC offers

Dieuwer Aug 24, 2016 10:30 am

I assume that most here are ONLY interested because of the 100,000 UR bonus?

UpAt40k Aug 24, 2016 10:31 am

Here's a DP, I applied in a branch, wasn't approved.

Were you over/under 5/24? 5/24 individual and 7/24 with AUs
Are you a Chase Private Client? No
Income: 76k
Credit score: 732
Credit Limit: Went pending. Called. Told too many accounts opened in recent 24 months, asked about moving credit from other cards (marriott, explorer, freedom, CSP), told no due to too many recently opened accounts.

Call again?

SkyTeam777 Aug 24, 2016 10:31 am

Originally Posted by roundtree (Post 27112220)
Given the number of people applying for the card like it will save their life, it's safe to say that no one will have any clue when the bonus is pulled or replaced.

Others may have a better guideline, but I would think it should still be around in September, maybe October. Personally, I'm just waiting for a card to clear so I can dip back to 4/24. Then I'll run to Chase like my life depended on it. :D

Is anyone getting any confirmation that we are even eligible for this bonus? I registered through the appropriate link, but there was no mention of it on the reconsideration. I was approved, but now am wondering if it is worth it if we don't get the 100k!

kdm31091 Aug 24, 2016 10:37 am

Originally Posted by UpAt40k (Post 27112814)

Credit Limit: Went pending. Called. Told too many accounts opened in recent 24 months, asked about moving credit from other cards (marriott, explorer, freedom, CSP), told no due to too many recently opened accounts.

Call again?

You can call again if it makes you feel better but chances are 99.9% that it will remain a decline. 5/24 is pretty much non negotiable.

jmfly Aug 24, 2016 10:38 am

Originally Posted by UpAt40k (Post 27112814)

Call again?

probably no point unless one of the 5/24 is a store card that is not a Visa/Amex/MC, etc

smurov Aug 24, 2016 10:46 am

So I just got the card delivered by UPS not too long ago, and the credit card user in me is happy, but the marketing person in me is not.

It came in a UPS envelope and when I opened the envelope, inside was a standard white mailing envelope and a Chase Sapphire Reserve packet thrown in. Inside the white mailing envelope was the card, taped to a piece of paper like any other standard card.

So while I don't need the fancy presentation, I don't understand how some customer get it and others don't. From a marketing aspect, its not the best first impression. Again, do I really need the fancy presentation? No. But if I'm paying the same amount as someone else, I'd like the same thing they got.

And, the card was already scratched up...