FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1787207-chase-sapphire-reserve-initial-application-frenzy.html)

TennisNoob Aug 24, 2016 9:02 am

Originally Posted by HMPS (Post 27112268)
Just spoke to an agent & supervisor. Informed them that both our cards were to be expedited. Was told UPS will need signatures. Staying home today :( First aprooval in branch Monday, second in branch Tuesday.

Every time I get any card from Chase via Next day it didn't require an signature..... Hmm....

HMPS Aug 24, 2016 9:02 am

Originally Posted by the5nowman (Post 27112309)
Was approved last week. 2 cards showed up yesterday.

You are probably an "anamoly". approved off the short lived unannounced link ?

airb330 Aug 24, 2016 9:08 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob (Post 27112330)
Every time I get any card from Chase via Next day it didn't require an signature..... Hmm....

Same. Just had a CSP overnighted UPS and it was waiting on our front porch. :confused:

livestrongforever Aug 24, 2016 9:11 am

anyone get the pending screen and then instead of calling reconsideration, just waited?

smurov Aug 24, 2016 9:14 am

Just got my UPS notification that the package was delivered at left at my front door - so no signature required.

wiivile Aug 24, 2016 9:14 am

Originally Posted by livestrongforever (Post 27112379)
anyone get the pending screen and then instead of calling reconsideration, just waited?

Not sure what the advantage of this would be. They can tell you the denial reason faster than waiting for the mail.

Jerkstore Aug 24, 2016 9:17 am

It seems I am one of the few people prep-approved in branch, but was still denied. Incredibly frustrating when numerous other people are being approved. Although when I check the status via phone it says 2 weeks.

FriscoHeavy Aug 24, 2016 9:24 am

Originally Posted by HGF (Post 27112243)
I guess mine hasn't been sent out yet even though I was approved on Monday. I was hoping to have it by Friday as I am traveling over the weekend.

You will likely receive today. I was approved on Monday and UPS shows mine on the truck for delivery. Could have it at any moment. However, UPS usually comes later afternoon to my house.

afurlong Aug 24, 2016 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 27110867)
Reservist, 8 month mobilization to Afghanistan 3 years ago, Chase waived all fees, including annual fees, for 2.5 years after my mobilization ended, for any cards I had prior to mobilization. I received 3 or 4 different letters, all identical except for expiration date.

First letter, received immediately after sending a copy of my orders, about 5 months prior to mobilization, stated “We are dedicated to supporting members of our military and appreciate the opportunity to ensure your benefits continue under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)” and also “These benefits expire 90 days after the military service ends, according to the date on your documentation. This 90 day extension of your benefits is a gesture of our appreciation for service in the military and our commitment to you as our customer.”

Next letter, a few weeks later, almost identical, except “… benefits expire 12 months after military service ends, according to the date on your documentation. This 12 month extension …”

Next letter, a couple of months later, stated “… benefits expire on xx/xx/2016” (about 2.3 years after ESTIMATED ULTIMATE ACTIVITY DETACH DATE), which includes a year of extended benefits…”

Last letter, 10 months later, was identical except for an ending date about 6 weeks later, about 2.5 years after mobilization ended.

Chase has better military benefits than any other bank/credit card issuer. Upon calling credit card customer service, after inputting the account number of a card covered under SCRA, automatically routed to a dedicated Military Services customer service department, with exceptionally knowledgeable and effective agents, mostly family members of military. Free checking account, personal or business, with no minimums and a free safe deposit box. No complaints at all as to how Chase treats veterans.

Thanks for clarifying!

suziemay Aug 24, 2016 9:28 am

Originally Posted by cslovacek (Post 27112439)
You will likely receive today. I was approved on Monday and UPS shows mine on the truck for delivery. Could have it at any moment. However, UPS usually comes later afternoon to my house.

Did you request for it to be expedited?

homanga Aug 24, 2016 9:29 am

For AU is there any benefit aside their own personal access to PP (rumors that guests are potentially free with card holders). Otherwise no additional advantages? Didn't realize when I signed up the $75 fee for AU, will likely just cancel the wife and get her her own CSR in this case.

And repeat question that no one answered, how do I get my National Executive status if already a member with new card?

onesocalkid Aug 24, 2016 9:34 am

Update - all is good. Approved for $22.8 this morning. As I was calling in I checked my Chase account again and it was listed ^:D

Originally Posted by onesocalkid (Post 27110458)
Damn. I thought I was golden for instant. 3/24, $100k+, 827 FICO and only $46 in CL with Chase. Guess I'll be calling in the morning.

Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase.

Here's what you can expect next:

We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision.

If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take advantage of everything your card has to offer.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card

darkhound Aug 24, 2016 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 27110867)
Chase has better military benefits than any other bank/credit card issuer. Upon calling credit card customer service, after inputting the account number of a card covered under SCRA, automatically routed to a dedicated Military Services customer service department, with exceptionally knowledgeable and effective agents, mostly family members of military. Free checking account, personal or business, with no minimums and a free safe deposit box. No complaints at all as to how Chase treats veterans.

One more reason I'm glad I switched from Citi Private Bank to Chase.

patrick.barnes Aug 24, 2016 9:36 am

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes (Post 27102638)
DP:

Were you over/under 5/24? 1/24
Are you a Chase Private Client? Yes
Income: 220k
Credit score: 800
Credit Limit: Went pending. Ah well... we'll see.

Approved this morning with a 35k CL. Didn't call anyone in the meantime (and auto status was "2 weeks").

roundtree Aug 24, 2016 9:38 am

Originally Posted by homanga (Post 27112468)
For AU is there any benefit aside their own personal access to PP (rumors that guests are potentially free with card holders). Otherwise no additional advantages? Didn't realize when I signed up the $75 fee for AU, will likely just cancel the wife and get her her own CSR in this case.

And repeat question that no one answered, how do I get my National Executive status if already a member with new card?

The only benefit that anyone has confirmed for AU is the PP Select membership.

Regarding National, I don't think anyone else is far enough along to know for sure.