FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1787207-chase-sapphire-reserve-initial-application-frenzy.html)

Ratamacue Aug 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001 (Post 27105353)
You can browse the website at prioritypass.com to see what's available. They aren't great domestically but do exist in some airports/terminals/etc.

This.

Nothing where I live, unfortunately (PHL.)

BThumme Aug 22, 2016 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ratamacue (Post 27105365)
This.

Nothing where I live, unfortunately (PHL.)

And for my most frequented airport, Chicago, it's only in T5, so I can never access it. As mentioned before, domestically in the US, it's very hit or miss. My view - the United Clubs and United network is much better here.

cyberUAL Aug 22, 2016 10:52 pm

5/24 people....
Applied this morning and got the 7-10 day message. Called recon and was told I have too many opened credit within the last 24 months. 7 to be exact the rep counted it.
Later in the afternoon after reading couple of blogs and Reddit, I went to a branch and spoke with a banker. 10 mins later I was approved for $30K

My recommendation is go to the branch if you're part of the 5/24. Don't waste time online.

-denied online
-went to see banker at branch and ask for preapproval
-no checking or savings with chase (had one years ago)
-1 credit card IHG with chase (closed UA and Marriott a year ago)
-800+ fico
-finally approved for $30k

BillinKC Aug 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo (Post 27105091)
Is the lounge access only for the primary card holder? Or is it primary card + guest?

Primary cardholder and authorized users. Presumably guests would be able to enter for a fee (usually $27, I think).

Ratamacue Aug 22, 2016 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by OliverB (Post 27104874)
Final question to those who received the 7-10 response, I'm curious whether that actual language was used? I received an automated response... It just indicated that I would receive a response by mail within 30 days.

That was the same response I got (7 to 10 on the website after applying/30 day email). Others too...

Originally Posted by tomcat007 (Post 27105242)
I have an 800 FICO score and 3 chase cards none of which were opened in the last 2 years and I also got the 7 to 10 day on the website and 30 day decision email.

I'm at 4/24, and a large (98K) aggregate CL with Chase, but I wasn't given the opportunity to move credit for approval though through recon like others:

Originally Posted by op487062 (Post 27105063)
I was in a similar situation with some different factors. Called Chase Lending 888-245-0625 and after a 40 min wait moved some credit for approval.

I asked the rep if there was anything else I could do to help the approval, he told me he would have denied me on the spot if I wouldn't have qualified.

I'll probably give them another call in the morning since 5/24 should not be a factor for me...

OliverB Aug 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by op487062 (Post 27105063)
I was in a similar situation with some different factors. Called Chase Lending 888-245-0625 and after a 40 min wait moved some credit for approval.

I asked the rep if there was anything else I could do to help the approval, he told me he would have denied me on the spot if I wouldn't have qualified.

Thanks, that sounds promising.

Were you actually on hold for the entire time or was that 40 minutes of questions and review?

bigbuy Aug 23, 2016 2:37 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo (Post 27105091)
Is the lounge access only for the primary card holder? Or is it primary card + guest?

Access is for primary cardholder only. You can add an authorised user for $75 and they will have lounge access. This is the reason I will hold onto my Citi Prestige as I often travel with different companions. With the Reserve card, even if you add an AU, it limits the flexibility that Prestige has.

op487062 Aug 23, 2016 2:55 am

Originally Posted by OliverB (Post 27105499)
Thanks, that sounds promising.

Were you actually on hold for the entire time or was that 40 minutes of questions and review?

40 min of music and recorded messages.

Once on the line with a person only took about 5 min to verify and move credit around.

jeebus Aug 23, 2016 2:55 am

I got a 7-10 response a couple of months ago when I applied for the Chase United Explorer card, so I decided to try applying in a bank branch for this card. The banker said some kind of technical problem was preventing my application from going through normal means, so she simply loaded up the application website (not sure if the link was exactly the same) and I was approved instantly.

majsmom Aug 23, 2016 3:17 am

Originally Posted by pianistat (Post 27105239)
Well, I do see a problem for me to spend $300 till the end of the year in the Travel category. My only hope really is if I can somehow buy gift card for a hotel/airline and resell on ebay. Any suggestion?

Have you tried the MileageplusX app? For shopping, dining, etc. I used it for my Amex plat and Amex Biz Gold travel credits and have gotten them reimbursed. I'm hoping someone who has gotten the CSR card can try it out and see how it is coding and if it is rembursed.

Irene

travellingwineO Aug 23, 2016 4:40 am

Originally Posted by mh4ll (Post 27105223)
Any word on PC'ing now and then applying later?

PC'ing? What is this?

ellinj Aug 23, 2016 5:08 am

Wondering if I should give the recon line another call, I spoke with them yesterday afternoon and was told my account would be approved after moving some credit lines around. I still don't see the changes in my chase account online and I don't see the new cards. This seems contrary to what others have reported elsewhere. ( card appearing online almost immediately)

Polo2883 Aug 23, 2016 5:13 am

This is the secured message I got from Chase:

Thank you for contacting Chase about your Sapphire Reserve
card.

Due to extraordinary demand for the new Sapphire Reserve
card, we cannot process rush requests at this time. We
are committed to getting your new card to you as quickly
as possible.

Flamenguista Aug 23, 2016 5:25 am

OK, now I completely confused. My wife got the 7-10 review message when she was 2/24, but I had her on 3 cards as an AU. I took her off 2 of them before she called the recon line. It turns out she went into review not for the 5/24, but they wanted proof of residence. We moved into a new condo about 3 months, but changed all our info with Chase a long time ago. And Chase sent me another card at the new address recently. They only gave her the option of faxing in proof of residence or going to a branch (no branches here in The Triangle). I don't quite understand this one.

jmann2380 Aug 23, 2016 5:35 am

Applied just now and approved instantly for $35k. Under 5/24.