Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, LH, AF/KLM, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by anime333
I do not understand why everyone is rushing to sign up for the Palladium; there is no bonus. Why not sign up for the JPMR and get the 100K bonus? It is pretty much confirmed now (and even before, only one data point otherwise) that you won't get a 100K bonus upon conversion.
Some CPC are applying for Palladium while they still can because there are still rumors that JPMR may be restricted to JPMPB clients, but that existing Palladium cardholders will still be able to convert if they otherwise don't meet the requirements.

See:

Originally Posted by Troopers
Update: my CPC adviser said I'm not eligible for this card

Originally Posted by reacher
My CPC adviser didn't even know about it when I asked. Thankfully my Palladium was converted just fine. It is coming in the mail today.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, LH, AF/KLM, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cybaslacka
So now his post has a picture of all 3 chase cards his "friend" got approved for last week. I assume that's photoshopped as well?
The guy now has an unboxing video up, but he mentions in comments that the fax line has been down since the 3rd. Sounds like there may have actually been a small loophole and some people snuck through before it closed. Who knows, though.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Applied on 9/1. Haven't heard or seen any movement. No hard pulls, no phone calls. Status line says I have been approved but figure that is for the CSR card I got two weeks ago as there is no new JPMR in my online profile.

I think these apps are in the shred bin now. Was fun to try though.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Seems a little odd (not to mention difficult to administer) for the JPM card to have 2 different sets of benefits (one for JPM customers, one for grandfathered CPC customers).

If they don't want to give CPC customers the unpublished benefit then presumably the better approach would be to convert their cards to CP Reserve.
As I mentioned before I am a CPC customer that converted my Palladium to JPM Reserve, and when I called the number on the back of the card they made it seem like a formality to get United Club membership.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by reacher
As I mentioned before I am a CPC customer that converted my Palladium to JPM Reserve, and when I called the number on the back of the card they made it seem like a formality to get United Club membership.
I've literally called in at least 25-30 times this last week, and I've had nothing but Positive experiences.

I've made demands from AU cards, United club, shipping to Asia overnight, points, questions etc, and I'm just a cpc customer...

All great reps, if anything they've gone above and beyond for my transition from palladium to reserve?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by adambadam
Applied on 9/1. Haven't heard or seen any movement. No hard pulls, no phone calls. Status line says I have been approved but figure that is for the CSR card I got two weeks ago as there is no new JPMR in my online profile.

I think these apps are in the shred bin now. Was fun to try though.
The automated status tells you the date of the application. If you were recently approved for Sapphire, then it would say there are more than one applications on file and it would list them individually. If you didn't hear that, that means it hasn't been processed yet.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nick92
The automated status tells you the date of the application. If you were recently approved for Sapphire, then it would say there are more than one applications on file and it would list them individually. If you didn't hear that, that means it hasn't been processed yet.
Can you even find out JPMR status from the Chase line? I thought with Pd at least you couldn't.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:36 pm

I wish they could bill the annual fee correctly. I converted on the 23rd annual fee posted the palladium rate on sept 1. Called right away. So My statement closed today unfixed and the reps actually told me they would fix it next billing cycle
I feel this is pretty poor service talked with a supervisor and told him I wanted it fixed by Monday next week or I will be closing my account. if the annual fee for palladium was less than the reserve guarantee we would all be billed right away
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by MDJennings
Hopefully SD88 (in post 266) and darkhound (in post 270) could post and clarify what happened with their offers to PC from the Pd to JPMR and still be given the 100K UR points.
So as I mentioned, an agent checked with his supervisor and said that he'd get me the 100k points upon conversion from Palladium to JPMR. We even discussed when I would have to hit the spending requirement and other details. Called back a few days later about something else, and a new rep mentioned that there was no such thing. I found the original agent who denied recalling anything (how convenient). I was upset and got supervisor involved but he was basically nonsensical. Except he was very clear there would be no 100k bonus. So they very clearly promised me the 100k points originally (I should have recorded the phone call), but rescinded that afterwards. I initiated the complaint process but may not follow through - I'm very annoyed but am lacking energy to pursue that now.

On the bright side, I separately applied for the JPMR card (got my CPC banker to fax in my app) and recently got approved. It shows up on my online account and I should receive my card in a few days. That'll be my 2nd JPMR card (got my first one from the conversion). I get the 100k points from this 2nd card, although I probably will have to pay the annual fee. I probably won't bother to ask for another waiver or a pro-rated credit of the AF from the Palladium but we'll see.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by orvando
Thanks bribro. i was operating under the $5m assumption, and also hoping that moving a big chunk o'change (but certainly not 5m) into a new Chase account would be a nice enough peace offering to get an invite to the card, but I take it from your comment that the card's requirements are more stringent than that sort of thing.

i'd even heard that in the first days of the card's release there were CPC and even non-CPC folks getting the card simply by asking (e.g. http://therewardboss.com/approved-jp...ve-200k-bonus/).
I opened a CPC recently with just the minimum balance, although I told my CPC banker I was going to up it significantly. I saw the leaked PDF application at therewardboss.com, filled it out and had my banker submit it. Got approved yesterday during a phone call after the rep asked me about my income, job and job history, housing costs, intended spending, why I opened 4 Chase cards within 2 months, and after moving around my credit lines. They may be getting stricter but it aint that strict yet. Now my wife and I just have to figure out how to spend $12k in 3 months (2 CSR; 1 JPMR) Would normally be easy but I'm not going on an xmas trip this year....

So, if you want the card, just fill out the application (I posted the direct link to it in an earlier post) and have your banker fax it in.

Originally Posted by Troopers
Update: my CPC adviser said I'm not eligible for this card
My CPC said the same thing. Then I found the PDF application, filled it out, sent it to him, and told him to fax it in. He did. And I got approved. I did it fairly early though, before therewardboss guy reported that it worked for him.

Last edited by darkhound; Sep 8, 2016 at 10:08 am
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by darkhound
...Called back a few days later about something else, and a new rep mentioned that there was no such thing.
So out of the blue the rep was just like, "oh yeah, what we told you before is inaccurate?" Good to hear about having your banker send in that app separately. I might consider doing that, but I've had the Pd, CSR, and Marriott Biz all approved in the past few weeks.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:17 am

I would not listen to the reps when they tell old palladium users to just reapply for the reserve. We know that lending services and analysts are two separate departments. If you've opened too many accounts just leave it be and be happy with your current product change. I'm happy with the reserve, I'm going to ease off applying for the sapphire or another reserve, to avoid AA, as it seems this time of year may have come again for chase
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platinum
App Fax # not working anymore?

I am a CPC client and asked my banker for more info and he said this card is available by invite only. I said screw it, what do I have to lose, I'll complete the leaked form and fax it in. I just tried to fax in my completed application to the # listed on the application (1-877-576-2828) and it failed with the error message that the # isn't working. Any suggestions on what to do?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:47 am

PB banker sent it in yesterday and the card is approved this morning.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by maza918
I am a CPC client and asked my banker for more info and he said this card is available by invite only. I said screw it, what do I have to lose, I'll complete the leaked form and fax it in. I just tried to fax in my completed application to the # listed on the application (1-877-576-2828) and it failed with the error message that the # isn't working. Any suggestions on what to do?
The card is meant for clients of the JPM PB. The application and fax number leaked and I'm sure they were inundated with tons of unwarranted applications, leading them to discontinue accepting applications through fax. The proper method is still to send your application to your private banker, who will submit it on your behalf, along with information about you.

The short-lived faxing yourself loophole, if it ever even worked, is likely long over. It looks like a few clients of CPC were able to be approved by having their banker fax in an application for them, but I don't think anyone who didn't do it immediately after the card was released has been able to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.