Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by halfleafclover
3.41% YTD so far in my largest portfolio. Fairly mediocre compared to the benchmark S&P of 4.96% YTD. But I should add that my risk tolerance for said portfolio is extremely small and the returns would reflect that.
Originally Posted by halfleafclover
Yes, net of the generally .85-.95% management fee.
Thank you very much for sharing. When I was with PB for a brief period (after reading the WSJ article it was most likely J.P. Morgan Private Client Direct, not true J.P. Morgan Private Bank) my management fees were 1.25%.

Also, just curious and if you don't mind sharing, if you were a client back in 2009-2013, did your return roughly follow the S&P 500? Or did it outperform by a good margin?

Originally Posted by daapower
Most people will always want more. Usually 2x or 3x what they have now is what they would consider a lot.
Originally Posted by darkhound
I wonder if the number just keeps on going up for people. When I was young, a 50k salary would do. Then I thought I could retire with $1M. Well, now I'm at $2M+ and I've moved my goal to $6M.

Maybe I have been stupid all along? If I couldn't predict family, kids etc requiring $6M, maybe I can't predict the next need either. That's kind of depressing.
As long as it's not obsessive (and even if so?), I encourage our collective greed and hunger for more ^
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by FMV1outEFA
He seemed upset/embarassed that he tried to do this for me. Kind of seemed like he was lecturing/yelling at me? He is usually a very soft spoken guy. Said he could help me with a sapphire reserve only. Can't help but say I am sad about it AND want a new CPC banker. I wanted this card pretty badly.
That's too bad. My CPC banker was amused that I found the JPMR application before he even heard about it and was almost excited to submit it for me.

It's fine... it's cool for the first week, then you feel like a douche for using it. I used it at this amusement park for food and the cashier gawked at it and passed it to her friend in front of me to check out the "metal" card. There was a line behind me. I'm probably going to ask for the plastic replacement.

Originally Posted by Nick92
General question but is there a reason why people seem so eager to get the JPM version? CSR is an incredible offering.
The 100k bonus. You get both, and you get 200k. Most people are eager for free money-equivalent
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by darkhound
That's too bad. My CPC banker was amused that I found the JPMR application before he even heard about it and was almost excited to submit it for me.

It's fine... it's cool for the first week, then you feel like a douche for using it. I used it at this amusement park for food and the cashier gawked at it and passed it to her friend in front of me to check out the "metal" card. There was a line behind me. I'm probably going to ask for the plastic replacement.

The 100k bonus. You get both, and you get 200k. Most people are eager for free money-equivalent

I got rid of my metal card and only use the plastic now exactly for this reason. Same with my AU
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by greglvnv
For me personally, hidden trade line is what makes this card stand out. Since Diners Club decided to report to credit bureaus, JPM cards have been the only non-business accounts with that benefit.
Ugh, in January when diners reported I lost my ..... I had a 30k revolving balance I was forced to pay off when it hit my report
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:55 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by Venomz
Ugh, in January when diners reported I lost my ..... I had a 30k revolving balance I was forced to pay off when it hit my report
Correct, I virtually stopped using my Diners the minute they started reporting. That could be such a nice card but JPMR is clearly better.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
I received my JPM Reserve card with the additional member card via UPS today. I know plastic cards are also available, but do you have to request them or do they just come later automatically? Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by schalliol
I received my JPM Reserve card with the additional member card via UPS today. I know plastic cards are also available, but do you have to request them or do they just come later automatically? Thanks!
Must request
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:26 am

I noticed when converting my PC to JPMR that some of my points for the current statement period before did not count. Did anyone have the same issue? I called the customer service and they told me to wait two billing cycle to see if it would credit.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 7:54 am

PD card

I dont use my metal PD card and wont use my metal JPMR card either. We always used the plastic versions.

Once I get the metal card we will call for plastic.

The metal one is too flashy.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:05 am

Wish I had CPC or PB. I have neither, and my Chase banker still hasn't gotten back to me. I watched her put a reminder in, and I emailed her a few days later and still nothing. Trying to see if I'm pre-approved after September 1st when new pre-approvals are loaded. Is it that difficult to do the job you're paid to do? Jeez, it's like pulling teeth. Does she not want a commission from me applying through her?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Venomz
I got rid of my metal card and only use the plastic now exactly for this reason. Same with my AU
Is this really that pervasive of an issue? I suppose I might be insulated from it due to living in Manhattan but I have yet to ever get my PD or Reserve passed around, if anything people only take interest when I use my centurion because of the whole "Oh my is this a black card" that came from all the mentions it has had in tv shows, movies, etc....Will never forget when a cashier at Starbucks remarked that "Vinny Chase has one of these" back when Entourage first came out.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by dlesin
Is this really that pervasive of an issue? I suppose I might be insulated from it due to living in Manhattan but I have yet to ever get my PD or Reserve passed around, if anything people only take interest when I use my centurion because of the whole "Oh my is this a black card" that came from all the mentions it has had in tv shows, movies, etc....Will never forget when a cashier at Starbucks remarked that "Vinny Chase has one of these" back when Entourage first came out.
When the Amex Centurion Card came out in 1999 (plastic at the time) I remember using it in Brazil and when someone commented that they had never seen a black colored Amex before I said it was for people with bad credit.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Wish I had CPC or PB. I have neither, and my Chase banker still hasn't gotten back to me. I watched her put a reminder in, and I emailed her a few days later and still nothing. Trying to see if I'm pre-approved after September 1st when new pre-approvals are loaded. Is it that difficult to do the job you're paid to do? Jeez, it's like pulling teeth. Does she not want a commission from me applying through her?
At this point, it looks like you can't get this card even if you have a CPC banker and there are no pre-approvals, so I wouldn't set any expectations.

You're asking her to do something she has no ability to do.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by dlesin
Is this really that pervasive of an issue? I suppose I might be insulated from it due to living in Manhattan but I have yet to ever get my PD or Reserve passed around
The first two times I used it in Manhattan was in coffee shops. The first time the cashier flipped it around a few times to check it and said "cool, you must be important." The second time the cashier said "this is neat it is so heavy." I was thinking this could have been a pickup tool 10 years ago but we are all probably beyond that now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.