Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Are they getting stricter with reimbursements? When I submitted a request for a reimbursement for a gogo inflight purchase, they asked for additional proof. I pointed out the only thing I could purchase on that site is internet, and they ended up reimbursing me, but don't remember having to follow up like that previously.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by moops380
Did you do this via SM or a phone call?
phone. This was years ago so they maybe more alert for this. I would do It via SM this time.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr

phone. This was years ago so they maybe more alert for this. I would do It via SM this time.

Ah yes, I was hoping for a more recent example. Will report back if it works. Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi,

quick question. Does the $100 resort credit for 2 or more night-long stays valid only once or for each stay?

thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi,

quick question. Does the $100 resort credit for 2 or more night-long stays valid only once or for each stay?

thanks!
Each paid stay. You must use Z34 booking code to get the $100 credit.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:57 pm

I am just curious what people use for the $300 travel credit. Last year I bought $75 AA gift cards (although the transaction description said gift card) and got the credits. I am curious if AA gift card still works. I saw somewhere that Delta gift card does not work but southwest still works. I would like to buy AA gift cards over SW.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:16 pm
Suspended

So I booked one night through the phone and applied a club level certificate upgrade. Since I plan to spend at least $100 at the hotel at the spa I was wonderign whether I could extend the stay one more night and get an extra night at basically $50 given that the room is now going for $154. Would the rate be the same?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:59 pm

So I booked one night through the phone and applied a club level certificate upgrade. Since I plan to spend at least $100 at the hotel at the spa I was wonderign whether I could extend the stay one more night and get an extra night at basically $50 given that the room is now going for $154. Would the rate be the same?
Well, you didn't book a two night stay according to the T and C, so you aren't getting the $100 credit.

Edit: What RC can you book for 154/night?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sig05

Curious about this as well.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by porphyra
Curious about this as well.
+2
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:02 am
Suspended

Well, you didn't book a two night stay according to the T and C, so you aren't getting the $100 credit.

Jakarta
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:38 am

Jakarta
Admittedly, I misunderstood your post and my initial response reflected that. I think you could change to a two-night stay and get the $100, but I don't know if the rate would remain the same since Club upgrade (z38) is its own rate. You can't do an online search using z38 any longer, but you can look at z34 for a comparison. Generally, these rates are identical.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I am just curious what people use for the $300 travel credit. Last year I bought $75 AA gift cards (although the transaction description said gift card) and got the credits. I am curious if AA gift card still works. I saw somewhere that Delta gift card does not work but southwest still works. I would like to buy AA gift cards over SW.
A $200 AA eGC still worked for me via SM earlier this month.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by narsil
A $200 AA eGC still worked for me via SM earlier this month.
Thanks for DP. That is wonderful news! I'm surprised that the $200 value GC was reimbursed without a problem.
I will try AA GC and report back!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Admittedly, I misunderstood your post and my initial response reflected that. I think you could change to a two-night stay and get the $100, but I don't know if the rate would remain the same since Club upgrade (z38) is its own rate. You can't do an online search using z38 any longer, but you can look at z34 for a comparison. Generally, these rates are identical.
thanks much - just called and was able to change the reservation. second night rate was ~$10 higher, but overall was fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.