Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Incase they ask what's $90 on SWA?

AA Is easy. Oversized and overweight bag = $300
just one time? $300 or several small purchases
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
My AF just posted on Jan 1st after it was waived the last year.
Same here. Cancelling.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mk712
Same here. Cancelling.
Is it 2nd year AF ?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Both mine and my wife's AF just posted. Had 2 years no fees on both. Will probably keep one and cancel one.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
75k spend to plat

Read some of threads on here on this but wanted some confirmation. Card anniversary is mid March. So, if I understand correctly if I spend 75k before March statement end I would be platinum until Dec 2018, correct?

Wondering if makes any sense to do, I stay at Ritz Carltons and SPG properties about 8-10 times per year. With all the Ritz points I have plan to use for some of those stays, I assume upgrades not applied when using points at Ritz properties?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Read some of threads on here on this but wanted some confirmation. Card anniversary is mid March. So, if I understand correctly if I spend 75k before March statement end I would be platinum until Dec 2018, correct?

Wondering if makes any sense to do, I stay at Ritz Carltons and SPG properties about 8-10 times per year. With all the Ritz points I have plan to use for some of those stays, I assume upgrades not applied when using points at Ritz properties?
You cannot use the club upgrade certificates on reward stays.
You will rarely, if ever, get suite or club floor upgrades regardless of status at Ritz.

Sometimes the club certificates can be very valuable depending on the length and purpose of your stay.

You will get Silver status on United, platinum status at SPG and sub-silver, super-general status on Delta.
You'll get pretty good upgrades at SPG (unless this has created too many elites.)
You'll sometimes get decent upgrades at Marriott.

I did it for a year. It's fun. I got some United upgrades, an SPG suite, better rooms at Marriott resorts.

I'm back to Ultimate Rewards points for now- I probably sacrificed a net $1000 in rewards for a hard to measure amount of upgrade benefits.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by aerobinso
Have several data points for Southwest gift cards. I had $270 remaining out of my $300 credit, and so purchased 3 $90 gift cards. I then sent a secure message for each and requested reimbursement with the travel credit. Each was processed with no problems or questions (I did mention that they were early bird upgrade purchases, which I will likely use them for on future flights anyway).

Hope this helps.
You can use the GCs for airfare but not for EarlyBird. From the WN website:

"A Southwest gift card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines merchandise, Southwest Airlines group tickets, EarlyBird Check-In, international baggage fees, additional Southwest gift cards, or inflight purchases."
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Jonesdds

If you hit it In Janurary 2017 than you have status for 2017 and 2018.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by highops
You cannot use the club upgrade certificates on reward stays.
You will rarely, if ever, get suite or club floor upgrades regardless of status at Ritz.

Sometimes the club certificates can be very valuable depending on the length and purpose of your stay.

You will get Silver status on United, platinum status at SPG and sub-silver, super-general status on Delta.
You'll get pretty good upgrades at SPG (unless this has created too many elites.)
You'll sometimes get decent upgrades at Marriott.

I did it for a year. It's fun. I got some United upgrades, an SPG suite, better rooms at Marriott resorts.

I'm back to Ultimate Rewards points for now- I probably sacrificed a net $1000 in rewards for a hard to measure amount of upgrade benefits.
Yeah I know of the club certs, that's a bummer. They are almost useless for me as I usually get a corp rate that's less than regular plus cert for club level. I was only referring to an upgrade if award stay to a better room/suite. My understanding is they never upgrade to club level.

Figured plat status at SPG would be valuable and will probably switch to staying at their properties vs. Ritz/Marriott anyway.

Silver status has been good to me with United, been upgraded most of the time, but it was a match challenge and I fly all the legacy carriers evenly so won't get again. Makes this worthwhile then I'd think.

Didn't get an answer to my other question about anniversary date and how long platinum status would last if before it.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:57 am

Sorry didn't see your post. Won't be able to spend that fast but maybe by my march anniversary date. Same would apply then I assume...
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Both mine and my wife's AF just posted. Had 2 years no fees on both. Will probably keep one and cancel one.
Do you plan to use the annual travel credit for 2017 before cancelling the card ?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Same here. Opened 12/2014 for the 140k offer. Reduced CL to 1500 and haven't paid an AF. $395 AF hit mine and wife's accounts on 1/1/17.
​​​
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:55 pm

Also,does it work the same with United Silver Premier status?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
How long after meeting minimum spend do the 3 free nights post? Is it the next statement period like everything else?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by met152
Same here. Opened 12/2014 for the 140k offer. Reduced CL to 1500 and haven't paid an AF. $395 AF hit mine and wife's accounts on 1/1/17.
​​​
I opened in 12/2014 too and I also got the AF charged on 1/1. I just checked my December statement and it had the line:

Congratulations! Your credit line has been increased. Take advantage of your enhanced spending power to make purchases and transfer balances today.
So in mid-December my credit limit was increased from $1,500 to... $2,500. Of course that makes the AF fall just under the 25% CARD Act threshold for January. So I sent them a note saying that I didn't request this change and I'd like it changed back to $1,500. We'll see if that works and the AF gets automatically refunded again. Otherwise, I'll dump this card before the end of the month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.