Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

CSP rental car insurance work through 3rd party sites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Anyone know if i book a rental car through, say, kayak, and pay with the CSP, do i still receive primary coverage?

Couldn't find an answer. somehow i'm guessing "no", but hoping to be wrong.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:00 pm

I'm 99% sure the answer to this is yes, but I'll let someone else chime in..

Ridesharing (Turo, etc) is a definite no.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:52 am

From what I researched 3 years ago when I got the CSP, the answer seemed to be yes. I even read a couple of reports of people using it with Kayak, Hotwire, Priceline, etc. You have to pay with CSP when you book and then give the same card when checking in.
I never had to use the insurance myself, so I don't have a first hand experience on that, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Nowadays, I seem to book all my rental cars (5-10 times a year) through Ultimate Rewards anyways, because they're always cheaper than even Priceline's "name your own price".
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I'll double check the UR portal too.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Don't want to take it too far off topic, but just wanted to say that I checked the UR portal and found much lower rental car rates. Thanks!

I'm sure booking through the UR portal with the CSP card will trigger primary insurance as well.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:36 pm

I would certainly hope it does trigger it!
And you are very welcome.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
I thought I read on TPG that cars booked with UR points didn't qualify for the primary coverage? I booked in HI using points and it was pretty cheap, but I kept having this nagging thought in the back of my mind.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by woodburyhome
I thought I read on TPG that cars booked with UR points didn't qualify for the primary coverage? I booked in HI using points and it was pretty cheap, but I kept having this nagging thought in the back of my mind.
You don't have to use UR, you can use $.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Necro bumping this thread.

If I reserve a car rental with points (Enterprise Reward) for 3 days and paying the rest with CSP card for 1 day and taxes, would this still be covered under Chase coverage? or will I need to purchase collision waiver separately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.