Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

5K UR bonus for paying CSR from Chase Checking (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

Just got email "Swag, we're saying thanks with a 5,000 bonus-point offer" for making 3 payments from my existing Chase checking account to my CSR. I've had both for years, but currently have auto-pay setup to pull from a different bank.

Terms and conditions

1 You will qualify for and receive 5,000 bonus points if you make 3 on-time monthly payments for the credit card account listed in this offer, equal to or greater than your minimum payment due, from a Chase checking account through chase.com or the Chase Mobile app (including one-time and automatic payments) between 04/01/21 and 07/31/21 11:59 p.m. ET. Please allow up to 8 weeks after the last day of the promotional period for 5,000 bonus points to post to your account. Only one bonus per eligible account. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer. The value of this offer or program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the offer/program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the offer/program. Please consult your personal tax advisor if you have any questions about how this could affect your taxes.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:53 pm

My understanding is that we need to schedule the payment from our chase checking accounts to pay the targeted chase credit cards.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
5000 UR for paying CSR with Chase Checking 3X

I just noticed this on my account:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...checking-offer

We’re saying thanks with a 5,000 bonus-point offer

As a special thanks for being a Chase credit card and checking account customer, get 5,000 Ultimate Rewards® bonus points when you use your Chase checking account to make your monthly Chase Sapphire Reserve® card payments.

To earn your bonus:

1. Use chase.com or the Chase Mobile® app to make 3 monthly Sapphire Reserve card payments from your Chase checking account between April 1 and July 31, 2021.
  2. Each payment amount must be made on time and be at least the minimum payment amount on your monthly statement.
  3. Once you’ve made 3 monthly payments, you’ll have 5,000 bonus points added to your Sapphire Reserve card within 8 weeks of the offer end date.
You will qualify for and receive 5,000 bonus points if you make 3 on-time monthly payments for the credit card account listed in this offer, equal to or greater than your minimum payment due, from a Chase checking account through chase.com or the Chase Mobile app (including one-time and automatic payments) between 04/01/21 and 07/31/21 11:59 p.m. ET. Please allow up to 8 weeks after the last day of the promotional period for 5,000 bonus points to post to your account. Only one bonus per eligible account. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable. The value of this offer or program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the offer/program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the offer/program. Please consult your personal tax advisor if you have any questions about how this could affect your taxes.

I'm curious if I can just make 3 payments right now or if they have to be spaced out monthly. It doesn't really define what a "monthly payment" means.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Did anyone get their bonus posted?

I think I met the terms, with the three payments as required in May, June, July. The offer promised the bonus would be added within 8 weeks of the offer end date (7/31), which should have been late September. But nothing yet for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.