FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1780623-new-chase-sapphire-reserve-card-pre-release-speculation.html)

baroqen Jul 29, 2016 4:45 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 26985367)
Agreed, based on what we think we know at this stage there is no compelling feature unless it is buried in the VISA Infinite bundle.

Compelling features (for me) which I believe are buried in the Visa Infinite bundle:

GogoŽ Inflight Wi-Fi
During your next trip, enjoy complimentary Internet access with Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi service on up to 12 flight segments per year on any Gogo equipped aircraft. To access the Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi benefit, register your Crystal Visa Infinite Card in the Benefits Portal at myvisainfinite.com/cnb.

Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit
Save $100 on air travel when you use your Crystal Visa Infinite Credit Card to book a qualifying U.S. domestic round-trip coach airline itinerary for 2 to 5 travelers through the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit website.

Unfortunately, I'm no longer domestic so I will have very limited use of the domestic tickets except on my visits home but since I fly as a family of four, that's might not be too bad depending on how that airline benefit works. Gogo will be similarly limited but as long as its a $300 AF credit, and PP Select with guesting, I might be willing to hold onto this one for my wife and cancel her AU on my Prestige for a net $100 (AF credit and $50 Prestige AU). The only reason I have her as an AU for the Prestige is so she can have her own PP Select for herself and the kids when we fly separately anyway.

mia Jul 29, 2016 5:20 am

Originally Posted by baroqen (Post 26985385)
GogoŽ Inflight Wi-Fi

Thank you. For information the business version of American Express Platinum also includes this benefit. It's useful to me because I fly AA and DL which use GoGo, but Chase's partner UA does not.

United747 Jul 29, 2016 6:54 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 26985464)
Thank you. For information the business version of American Express Platinum also includes this benefit. It's useful to me because I fly AA and DL which use GoGo, but Chase's partner UA does not.

One of the US Bank flex perks cards offers this too.

jediwho Jul 29, 2016 7:04 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 26985367)
Agreed, based on what we think we know at this stage there is no compelling feature unless it is buried in the VISA Infinite bundle.

One of the compelling feature is $100 off on domestic tickets if two to five tickets are booked together. Another is similar to FHR although not as great. Third is primary coverage on car rental. So quite a few.

Troopers Jul 29, 2016 9:06 am

Originally Posted by jediwho (Post 26984147)
Basically, $50 cheaper than Prestige and $100 cheaper than Amex Platinum and better rewards than Prestige and much better than Platinum.

But no GE reimbursement.

MD/DC Flyer Jul 29, 2016 9:24 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 26983952)
If the process is the same as for the Ritz Carlton card it will be much more difficult to use this benefit than the American Express Platinum or Citi Prestige version, because the cardholder must contact Chase to request the credit and each claim is manually reviewed which means (example) gift cards are easily detected.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html

On the other hand, they do reimburse without a hassle true reimbursable items which would never be caught automatically on the other systems and will require a lot of work to be paid back (e.g., catering orders from D&O on Austrian airlines which is charged directly from D&O and not from the airline).

jediwho Jul 29, 2016 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 26986185)
But no GE reimbursement.

We still don't know what the other perks/benefits are. Even if you assume that there is no GE reimbursement, that is $20 a year less. Not that much of a biggie , IMHO.

DaveInLA Jul 29, 2016 9:58 am

DoC wrote about some more rumored info today.

He states that the 300 airline credit is for incidentals (like AMEX Plat) and not for everything (like Citi Prestige). Is this the consensus?

Another thing to keep in mind is that Chase *may* give more retention offers for a $450 card than a $95 card. The CSP is notoriously hard to get any offers, probably harder than any other card. I would be a little surprised if the Reserve card is as bad.

Rommie2k6 Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am

Any confirmation or denial on whether 5/24 applies to this new card?

NYCRuss Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am

If the Ritz card is how the $300 travel credit will be, then GE reimbursement is part of that:

$300 Annual Travel Credit
Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight.
https://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.c...its_privileges

miuk Jul 29, 2016 10:46 am

I'd be interested in this card as well to replace my current Prestige. However 5/24 will be the biggest hurdle.

zs58 Jul 29, 2016 10:50 am

If the $300 "credit" is indeed restricted to non-airfare purchases and cannot be used for workarounds like gift certs, then this is a big negative for me. I never pay for things like bags and seat upgrades, and with PP Select, never for lounges either. I have a Nexus card, so GE reimbursement gets me nothing.

So if it's essentially a $450 card for 3x dining (which is nice), then no thank you.

nikehair Jul 29, 2016 11:05 am

Interesting. If all these benefits are true, I don't see any reason to keep my PRG, Platinum, or CSP cards.

That's $290 is annual fees. Worth losing hotel status if you ask me. And yes, I know the airline credit would work differently.

slivrflyr Jul 29, 2016 11:19 am

As long as I can use the credit towards award cash copays I'm a happy camper. Unrestricted to airlines like the ritz.

lobo411 Jul 29, 2016 2:13 pm

Nice...I'm exactly 5/24, but I should be able to apply in mid-Dec when I go 4/24. I'm hoping the bonus will still be around by then. 12/31 seems like the first natural cut-off point, and I assume they're going to have to allow a few months for the card to launch.