FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1780623-new-chase-sapphire-reserve-card-pre-release-speculation.html)

tmiw Jul 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by mvcore (Post 26983885)
Ok so I was able to speak with my sources finally and here is what I know / had confirmed this week (some new news and some old news):

$450.00 Annual Fee
100K UR Sign up Bonus
$300.00 Airline Credit
Priority Pass Select
3X Points Travel
3X Points Dining (Yes 3X for Dining)
Visa Infinite

There will be more perks but I don't know the specifics / count drag them out of my source. I would also imagine that it will include the benefits that the CSP already has such as Rental Insurance, Etc. Also my source made no mention of two cards. Being serious I know I haven't posted much on FT but my info for these is pretty good source has seen the card and literature on it already.

Here's hoping the spend requirement is somewhere close to $4K/3 months like CSP is. ^

jordan_h Jul 28, 2016 7:12 pm

any idea whether the airline credit will work for gift card purchases, united gift registry, and other "workarounds" a la amex platinum?

mia Jul 28, 2016 7:16 pm

$300.00 Airline Credit

If the process is the same as for the Ritz Carlton card it will be much more difficult to use this benefit than the American Express Platinum or Citi Prestige version, because the cardholder must contact Chase to request the credit and each claim is manually reviewed which means (example) gift cards are easily detected.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html

senzer Jul 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Any idea what the card will look like? It's sounding great to me thus far!

Troopers Jul 28, 2016 7:29 pm

$450.00 Annual Fee
100K UR Sign up Bonus
$300.00 Airline Credit
Priority Pass Select
3X Points Travel
Visa Infinite

Thanks for the intel...benefits not as meaningful as I hoped. So effectively $55/yr more than the CSP for additional 1x for travel and dining and PP.

jediwho Jul 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 26983952)
If the process is the same as for the Ritz Carlton card it will be much more difficult to use this benefit than the American Express Platinum or Citi Prestige version, because the cardholder must contact Chase to request the credit and each claim is manually reviewed which means (example) gift cards are easily detected.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html

I have usually just messaged them and end up getting the credit. This includes upgrade certificates for AA.

jediwho Jul 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Ok so I was able to speak with my sources finally and here is what I know / had confirmed this week (some new news and some old news):

$450.00 Annual Fee
100K UR Sign up Bonus
$300.00 Airline Credit
Priority Pass Select
3X Points Travel
Visa Infinite

There will be more perks but I don't know the specifics / count drag them out of my source. I would also imagine that it will include the benefits that the CSP already has such as Rental Insurance, Etc. Also my source made no mention of two cards. Being serious I know I haven't posted much on FT but my info for these is pretty good source has seen the card and literature on it already.

That's impressive. Basically, $50 cheaper than Prestige and $100 cheaper than Amex Platinum and better rewards than Prestige and much better than Platinum. I have used Ritz Card Concierge as well as customer service and it's top notch -- better than Prestige and slightly better than Amex. I won't be surprised if they have the same Palladium/Ritz desk.

LETTERBOY Jul 28, 2016 8:28 pm

3X Points Travel

I won't get approved for any more Chase cards for a while (they think they've already given me enough credit for my income + 5/24), but if 3x travel and dining happens, I'm definitely going to try to change my CSP to this card when my 1 year anniversary hits.

vh_bu98 Jul 28, 2016 9:11 pm

I wonder if you can get the 100k UR bonus if you upgrade from a CSP card?

slivrflyr Jul 28, 2016 9:41 pm

$450.00 Annual Fee
100K UR Sign up Bonus
$300.00 Airline Credit
Priority Pass Select
3X Points Travel
Visa Infinite

OMG. amazing

BUT.

Those of us who are fans of UR because of United Let's not forget what United mentioned to its investors about future changes to MileagePlus to boost profitability.

So is bumping the earn rate really just keeping up with points inflation?

In any case i welcome the change.

Too bad about lack of UA club access. I guess cannibalization of United club product wouldn't make UA happy and they also need a differentiator for the palladium card.

LETTERBOY Jul 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98 (Post 26984458)
I wonder if you can get the 100k UR bonus if you upgrade from a CSP card?

I would doubt it, but 3X dining would make it worth it to me, even without a bonus.

Originally Posted by slivrflyr (Post 26984570)
Too bad about lack of UA club access. I guess cannibalization of United club product wouldn't make UA happy and they also need a differentiator for the palladium card.

He did say that there would be more perks, so maybe it will still happen. (crosses fingers)

mvcore Jul 28, 2016 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by jediwho (Post 26984147)
That's impressive. Basically, $50 cheaper than Prestige and $100 cheaper than Amex Platinum and better rewards than Prestige and much better than Platinum. I have used Ritz Card Concierge as well as customer service and it's top notch -- better than Prestige and slightly better than Amex. I won't be surprised if they have the same Palladium/Ritz desk.

The one thing my source did mention is that it doesn't look like JPM will handle concierge the same way it handles the Ritz and Palladium. I think they are gonna rely on the Visa Infinite Concierge for that.

Me I personally hope they use JPM for concierge services like it is now. I have used the Ritz concierge for A LOT and they have always come through and done some stuff that I couldn't even fathom getting accomplished. It can be a hassl sometimes with a lot of back and forth but to me it's entirely worth it. Again YMMV.

baroqen Jul 28, 2016 10:36 pm

This sounds pretty exciting! I can't wait to hear all the final details! I just checked my last credit report, and I'm at 4/24. I did recently get denied a few months back for the Ink however due to "too many inquiries" so I'm a bit worried. I didn't call recon, but I applied for the Prestige, CSP, and shopped 4 different mortgage companies for rates within the same 30 days, so that might have had something to do with it. Hopefully I can get this one through. What do you think my chances are that they will approve or at least recon if I explain that 4 of the inquiries are from mortgage rate shopping?

*Cross fingers*

edit: Was too excited I hit enter before finishing

This is how I see it for me:

If the 3x Travel is "Broad definition" like the Citi Premier, I can cancel my Premier

3x Dining is awesome.

If the PP Select has guesting like the Citi Prestige, then I can remove my wife as an AU (saving $50) from my Prestige, and we will both get this card at first. I might cancel after the first year, and she will keep one and I will AU. This will be especially interesting since (to my knowledge) currently only the Prestige and CNB Crystal Visa Infinite have guesting on their PP Select. If Chase joins the fray, then Amex may need to up their game.

Prestige will still manage to maintain a place in my wallet as long as they keep the 4th night free, but if Chase matches that as well..... It might replace both Citi cards for me.

jediwho Jul 29, 2016 1:26 am

Originally Posted by mvcore (Post 26984675)
The one thing my source did mention is that it doesn't look like JPM will handle concierge the same way it handles the Ritz and Palladium. I think they are gonna rely on the Visa Infinite Concierge for that.

Me I personally hope they use JPM for concierge services like it is now. I have used the Ritz concierge for A LOT and they have always come through and done some stuff that I couldn't even fathom getting accomplished. It can be a hassl sometimes with a lot of back and forth but to me it's entirely worth it. Again YMMV.

If my experience with City National Crystal Concierge is any yardstick -- and I think CNB uses Visa Infinite concierge -- it's distinctly worse than Amex, Prestige and definitely Ritz. When Discover card used to offer concierge service for a short period of time, it was much better than Visa.

mia Jul 29, 2016 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 26984021)
..benefits not as meaningful as I hoped. So effectively $55/yr more than the CSP for additional 1x for travel and dining and PP.

Agreed, based on what we think we know at this stage there is no compelling feature unless it is buried in the VISA Infinite bundle.