Search

Chase Blueprint/auto pay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:46 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Chase Blueprint/auto pay

I started playing around with Chase Blueprint (Chase's auto pay) and noticed something interesting... Blueprint categorizes purchases into categories, but it seems that there are some purchases that don't fall into any of those categories. I went to talk to my personal banker about this, and keeping in mind that bankers know next to nothing, and was told "yea that's possible". Does anyone know this function with Chase, or do you manually pay your Chase bill every month? Is there a function that lets you pay off all balances every month?

Also, a more general question - when auto pay date is on the exact due date, is there any chance (if the due date is a weekend or holiday or something) that the payment will not be processed in time and therefore incur late charges or derogs on one's credit report?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I have never looked at Blueprint. Chase credit card accounts have a built-in autopay feature (same as American Express, Bank of America, Barclays, Citi). It does not matter if the due date falls on a weekend or holiday.

Last edited by mia; Jul 2, 2016 at 10:35 am
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:40 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia
I have never looked at Blueprint. Chase credit card accounts have a built-in autopay feature (same as American Express, Bank of America, Barclays, Citi). It does not matter if the due date falls on a weekend or holiday.
For me, Chase autopay gives me two options. One is pay minimum balance, the other is pay Blueprint balance. Neither of which I get to specify a payment date (whereas Amex lets me choose to pay 15-25 days after statement date). In Blueprint, I have the options of "Full Pay", for which I must select the category of charges I want to have paid in full every month, "Split", which lets me split my payments, "Finish It", which calculates some interests and stuff given charge and helps me to plan how to pay if off, and "Track It", which tracks spending. I don't know how you bypass Blueprint all together to get to automatic pay in full.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
You'll have to ask Chase to cancel it to get rid of blueprint. From a quick google it looks like a PITA if you actually can/want to pay off your monthly bill with Blueprint and you're probably paying interest on your payments. A workaround would be to use another bank's bill-pay to pay your Chase cards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfin...full_pay_does/
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:17 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I'm going to try an SM first... If that doesn't work I'll just stop using Chase altogether. Right now I have all my cards close on the same date, and marked it on my Google Calendar to remind me to pay that day of every month...
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:05 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

SM worked. But the CSR did say it'll take up to two billing cycles for Blueprint to be removed.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:43 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Does the autopay feature pay on the statement closing date, or the actual due date (25 days after closing date)?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Automatic Payment
We'll make payments to this credit card account on the payment due date, even if it falls on a weekend or holiday. There's no need to make a separate payment.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:44 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Understood, thanks mia!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.