Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

How often can you reapply for card member bonuses?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

I know that some credit card websites tell you and that most often the answer is 18 months/24 months but for a couple of credit cards I just can't find the answer. Is there a list somewhere? Surely someone somewhere must have been diligent enough to compile a comprehensive list. I would myself but I can't find some of the info.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
For Chase, which covers all of the UA cards, it's 24 months per Yahoo Finance.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:35 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please follow this in the Credit Card Programs forum.

l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Virus4762
I know that some credit card websites tell you.
Chase tells you in the terms of the card application:

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
24 months is measured from the date that you last received a bonus, not from when you last applied.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:15 pm

IMO, this 5/24 is absolutely devastating. It completely bottle necks a large population. I am really interested if they went to far in throttling CC applications. I sincerely hope this rule relaxes soon or I might just go Non Chase Churning.

Last edited by ChurningMan; Jul 20, 2016 at 7:38 am
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:47 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Your query has been moved here to the Chase forum. Can you clarify your OP? Are you interested in getting information for a specific Chase card, or are you looking for a general list of "rules" across credit card issuers?

If the latter, the place to look is the Credit Card forum, with the threads on specific cards/issuers therein. The "rules" change so frequently, that what works today for a given bank may not work tomorrow. The mega-threads in each forum are usually the go-to source for up to date information. Read back about 10-15 pages of the biggest threads for the cards you are interested in, and you'll know what's going on with applications for each.

There is a lovely list of best offers here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...scription.html

The Chase Mega-thread is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...5-present.html

Moderator Note: The OP has not returned to clarify the question. The threads above provide in depth and current information on Chase credit cards. This thread is now closed.

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Jul 25, 2016 at 12:41 pm Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.