FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1740614-united-explorer-card-2015-2021-a.html)

the5nowman Jul 5, 2016 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 26874587)
I've added an entry--Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?--to the wiki at the top of the page.

Thanks!

Dieuwer Jul 22, 2016 6:45 am

Spend requirements are missing from the Wiki.

mtftw Jul 26, 2016 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Dieuwer (Post 26952407)
Spend requirements are missing from the Wiki.

Indeed. 70k, $50 SC + 5k AU offer here, I've seen the SC, the 5k AU points and the rest of my "normal" spend post, but not the 70k bonus.

Lore Jul 30, 2016 4:58 am

My 70k and 5k bonus showed up together in my United account yesterday as one 75k post.

LIH Jul 30, 2016 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Lore (Post 26989502)
My 70k and 5k bonus showed up together in my United account yesterday as one 75k post.

Can I ask when you hit your $3K spend and when the end of your billing cycle was?

mtftw Jul 31, 2016 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by LIH (Post 26989843)
Can I ask when you hit your $3K spend and when the end of your billing cycle was?

I hit my 3k spending on 7/14 and my bill cycle ended the 15th, so that's probably why I haven't seen my 70k yet.

daKav Aug 13, 2016 9:23 pm

I got targeted for 50k after 2k spend (plus 5k for AU). Got the mail today. AF waived for first year.

Now, I am torn between getting this and waiting till new Chase's new card (reserve) comes out. I am 4/24. I also have a Delta Amex targeted offer (50k after 1k spend). Both MPE and DL Amex offers are valid till end of september. Any suggestions?

caseminole Sep 7, 2016 2:23 pm

Mileage Plus Select vs Mileage Plus Explorer - main differences?

Cant find a good side-by-side comparison to review

I am a UAL frequent flyer, Silver

othermike27 Sep 7, 2016 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 27179304)
Cant find a good side-by-side comparison to review

Start here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-benefits.html

fuddrules Sep 9, 2016 11:39 am

I'm assuming you already have the Select as it's long gone from being offered?

If so and you value earning miles with your spend, don't get rid of the Select. 2x miles at places like Wal-Mart, Target, etc....

You also get 5,000 bonus miles added annually.

twkidM3 Sep 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi,

I have a question all your gurus on here.
I've been using a Chase MileagePlus card since 10 yrs ago. At some point, I remember I upgraded to the Chase MileagePlus Explorer since it was first released. I think my CC history is based on the Explorer card. I know for sure that I shouldn't cancel this card, but I would like to upgrade this card.

Most of the expenses on this Explorer card is business related. At this point, I see that the Business version of the Explorer card offers 1.5pts for selected charges. Is it a good idea to call them up and upgrade directly to the business version? Would I be able to keep the same CC number?

bioyuki Sep 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 26874587)
I've added an entry--Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?--to the wiki at the top of the page.

Sorry, maybe I'm being obtuse, but I don't see the entry in the wiki?

Also, I'm assuming $3k is in actual spend, and I shouldn't factor in adjustments like the $50 statement credit against the $3k spend requirement?

NatasNJ Sep 21, 2016 11:20 am

Checked Bag rules

Hello. Sorry if this has been asked or answered before but I couldn't find it.

I have the Chase United Explorer Credit Card.
I plan to buy a United airline ticket.

1.) If I buy the ticket directly through United and use my United Credit Card I assume I will get my 1st bag checked. Question is will they consider a snowboard bag applicable to "standard bag"? I don't think they charge extra for this type of bag generally but I don't want them to pull off some BS "this isn't standard bag" so you owe $25.

2.) Assuming the snowboard bag is a valid bag for the credit. If I wanted to use Citi Thank You points to buy my ticket but try to charge at least a portion of the ticket to my United Credit Card would that allow me to get the free checked bag credit? (For Snowboard). I wasn't sure if anyone tried the partial payment for the ticket on the United card and if that gave them the free checked bag.

Thanks.

mia Sep 21, 2016 11:21 am

Originally Posted by bioyuki (Post 27240983)
...I don't see the entry in the wiki?

It is there, near the bottom:

Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
...but it refers you to another Wikipost:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1707643

...and you have to scroll down, down, down to find the answer:

Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

beltway Sep 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 27243450)
...but it refers you to another Wikipost:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1707643

...and you have to scroll down, down, down to find the answer:

Or just click the link in the wiki TOC (made possible now that FT mgmt has implemented text anchors that enable such intra-page links).