FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1740614-united-explorer-card-2015-2021-a.html)

avagyan Jun 29, 2016 3:22 pm

I'm way over 5/24 and want to apply to IHG card (because the 70K offer expires today and I'm afraid it will join 5/24) together w/ United (since it supposed to result in one hard pull) Do I have a chance? I've been "targeted" by united for 50K snail mail and see only 50K in my account. I don't think Chase "knows" that I was targeted by United. I have my only checking account w/ Chase for many years but never got preapproved offers from chase (and I'm opted in for receiving such offers). I have Southwest cards from Chase and Ink plus. Can you suggest if I should apply to some Chase cards? Thanks very much!

aza72 Jun 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by avagyan (Post 26849267)
I'm way over 5/24 and want to apply to IHG card (because the 70K offer expires today and I'm afraid it will join 5/24) together w/ United (since it supposed to result in one hard pull) Do I have a chance? I've been "targeted" by united for 50K snail mail and see only 50K in my account. I don't think Chase "knows" that I was targeted by United. I have my only checking account w/ Chase for many years but never got preapproved offers from chase (and I'm opted in for receiving such offers). I have Southwest cards from Chase and Ink plus. Can you suggest if I should apply to some Chase cards? Thanks very much!

People have very limited success getting two approved on the same day. But higher chance avoiding 5/24 with targeted snail mail offer, if you have some sort of offer code. I'd apply for IHG first since 5/24 does not apply, and then try the targeted mailer and hope you are preapproved.

Irish80 Jun 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by aza72 (Post 26849356)
People have very limited success getting two approved on the same day. But higher chance avoiding 5/24 with targeted snail mail offer, if you have some sort of offer code. I'd apply for IHG first since 5/24 does not apply, and then try the targeted mailer and hope you are preapproved.

Actually there is evidence that these mailers are not leading to approvals if you are over 5/24.

moops380 Jun 29, 2016 7:42 pm

hello, and sorry if this has been discussed recently.

has anyone had success being matched to the 70k+5 offer from recently being approved for the 50k+5 offer? The response from chase is it cannot be matched as one offer (70k) charges and AF but the 50 k offer does not.

I have called and dm'ed them and no dice. I have been a bit peeved as I have received the 70k offer in the mail about every 2 weeks the past 6 weeks a full 10 weeks after having been approved for the 50k offer. Obviously, I cannot use this 70k offer as I have already have the card at 50k and am not eligible. I have raised the issue with chase and they blame UA for not knowing I have the card (they do, i have xn space). Either way i find it to be poor taste to send offers(chase, ua, either) to people that are not eligible to receive them, especially BETTER offers after I had a "limited time offer" that apparently cannot be matched.

what is chase doing? as a customer I will remain peeved and think about that every time i use a credit card for NBS.

LIH Jun 30, 2016 7:01 am

Has anyone had their miles post yet after successfully hitting the spend requirement? I just hit my spend requirement yesterday.

dukerau Jun 30, 2016 7:23 am

Originally Posted by moops380 (Post 26850041)
hello, and sorry if this has been discussed recently.

has anyone had success being matched to the 70k+5 offer from recently being approved for the 50k+5 offer? The response from chase is it cannot be matched as one offer (70k) charges and AF but the 50 k offer does not.

I have called and dm'ed them and no dice. I have been a bit peeved as I have received the 70k offer in the mail about every 2 weeks the past 6 weeks a full 10 weeks after having been approved for the 50k offer. Obviously, I cannot use this 70k offer as I have already have the card at 50k and am not eligible. I have raised the issue with chase and they blame UA for not knowing I have the card (they do, i have xn space). Either way i find it to be poor taste to send offers(chase, ua, either) to people that are not eligible to receive them, especially BETTER offers after I had a "limited time offer" that apparently cannot be matched.

what is chase doing? as a customer I will remain peeved and think about that every time i use a credit card for NBS.

I agree. I wasn't mailed the offer, but it shows up in my United account even though United's systems clearly know I have the card (I see the extra saver availability, get the higher rates on United shopping portal, etc). Why are they offering me a targeted 70k offer when they already know I have (and just got) the card? Chase denied my match request that I sent a few days after the 70k offer was released, saying that it was only for people who responded directly to that offer.

avagyan Jun 30, 2016 7:39 am

Originally Posted by aza72 (Post 26849356)

Thanks, the problem is that these "targeted" snail mail united offers don't have any unique code. it's just a link from the wiki with no special codes or anything like that...

I also would prefer to be targeted by United with some sort of pre-approved guarantee. They should stop sending these flyers knowing that many of their targeted customers have no chance of receiving the offer because of 5/24

I decided not to apply for neither of the cards and hope that IHG wont join 5/24 cards

lw7878 Jun 30, 2016 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Irish80 (Post 26849560)
Actually there is evidence that these mailers are not leading to approvals if you are over 5/24.

+1. A friend of mine received a few mailers for the SW card. Although he was already over 5/24, he applied anyway. Chase rejected him and said that he had opened too many accounts recently.

hellopanda520 Jun 30, 2016 12:26 pm

I have received the mailer and applied last week. I received the rejection by mail yesterday for too many accounts opened.

moops380 Jun 30, 2016 3:43 pm

I was approved for the ua card about 2 months ago, I certainly had applied for more than 5/24 (supposedly the rule was in effect then).

beltway Jun 30, 2016 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by moops380 (Post 26854129)
I was approved for the ua card about 2 months ago, I certainly had applied for more than 5/24 (supposedly the rule was in effect then).

Chase expanded the 5/24 policy on May 22--that is, about 5 weeks ago.

nameis Jul 3, 2016 3:39 am

I applied for the MPE and after 1 day it got approved with 25k CL. The next day I got a targeted mail with a better offer i.e 50k for 2k spend. Will chase match 50k for 3k spend with full annual fee and 50$ statement credit to 50k for 2k spend with no annual fee?

miadukes Jul 3, 2016 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by nameis (Post 26863928)
I applied for the MPE and after 1 day it got approved with 25k CL. The next day I got a targeted mail with a better offer i.e 50k for 2k spend. Will chase match 50k for 3k spend with full annual fee and 50$ statement credit to 50k for 2k spend with no annual fee?

Send a SM and they will let you know. For me they matched me on the IHG card but took away my statement credit. They will let you know.

the5nowman Jul 5, 2016 1:38 pm

Statement closed on June 18. Any idea when the 50k bonus will post to my UA account?

beltway Jul 5, 2016 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by the5nowman (Post 26874176)
Statement closed on June 18. Any idea when the 50k bonus will post to my UA account?

I've added an entry--Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?--to the wiki at the top of the page.