Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by dmarcus163
Yesterday I finally went to a branch and was shown no pre approval in branch. The banker said it could also be because I had the block offers feature on my account up to about 6/8 weeks ago. However she showed me all the boxes to accept offers were now in the system.
Could a kind soul possibly point me where this block offers feature is? I cannot find it in my account...

For in-branch card pre-approvals, does one need more than open credit cards with Chase, I don't currently have a personal banking relationship with the them, just a business checking account and am hoping for a CSR card.

thx!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pokeygirl
Could a kind soul possibly point me where this block offers feature is? I cannot find it in my account...

For in-branch card pre-approvals, does one need more than open credit cards with Chase, I don't currently have a personal banking relationship with the them, just a business checking account and am hoping for a CSR card.

thx!
It's not specific to Chase. I think this the offers opt-out option offered by the credit bureaus: https://www.optoutprescreen.com
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by roundtree
It's not specific to Chase. I think this the offers opt-out option offered by the credit bureaus: https://www.optoutprescreen.com
Thanks i probably wasn't clear, i wanted to make sure I don't have that blocked for me, :-) is there a specific setting in the Chase account to look for?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by pokeygirl
Thanks i probably wasn't clear, i wanted to make sure I don't have that blocked for me, :-) is there a specific setting in the Chase account to look for?
That site supports both. There's nothing specific to Chase that I'm aware of.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:13 pm

The CSR Has Landed

So, my saga to get a CSR has finally ended (thankfully). Here's a quick recap:

• At 6/24, but two AU cards to discount and 3 Chase cards in last 45 days
  • Credit Score = ~775
  • Annual Income = above $100k
  • Chase business and personal checking customer since 2010

Timeline:
8/13 - Applied/auto-approved for CF and CFU. Didn't realize CSR would come out week after. Guess I don't have mad churning skills.
8/26 - Applied, denied based on "Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us", i.e. 2/30 rule (or 2/60 rule, depending on who you ask).
9/15 - Applied for CSR and Ink Plus (with EIN). Denied CSR even after calling recon. Approved for Ink Plus ($15k) after calling recon.

So, my 2nd CSR denial shows up today and it's for the same reason as before (2/30). I call recon, to get a straight explanation of what the rule actually is. I get a run around, with the agent basically begging me to just let me reconsider the app. I think that I'll regret it, but tell him yes.

Then, the skies parted, the angels began to sing their heavenly chorus, and I was magically, finally, MERCIFULLY approved for a CL of $25k. Not sure that the extra two weeks really made the difference, but I got the sense that the rep had some latitude that previous reps didn't (ok, so he was just more helpful). Personally, I'm very relieved to get the CSR before the bonus got pulled. Now to get that spend in motion.

The moral of the story: keep trying and be nice to the reps.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:01 pm

Does anyone know of if Chase Disney credit cards fall under 5/24 rule?
Today I received mailer saying I will get 200$ Disney gc after spending 500$ and additional 50$ Disney gc if I add authorized user. It says apply at getmyvisadisney.com and enter invitation number.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by SMR2016
Does anyone know of if Chase Disney credit cards fall under 5/24 rule?
Today I received mailer saying I will get 200$ Disney gc after spending 500$ and additional 50$ Disney gc if I add authorized user. It says apply at getmyvisadisney.com and enter invitation number.
As of last reports I saw, Disney card does NOT get subject to 5/24 rule.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:52 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I am at 5/24 but one of those is an authorized user card closed months ago. I took the advice from this thread to apply in person.

The branch banker said I was preapproved for all cards, so I applied successfully for CSR. Less than 10 minutes start to finish.

I have two cards rolling off between now and the end of the year, so by January I will be back at 4/24. After that I don't foresee any difficulty keeping my count below 5/24 while still being able to pick up the hottest deals.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm at 5/24, if I include Chase Ink biz. That and a personal card will drop off mid October. But in the meantime, I've gotten an email and 2 mailers for Chase Sapphire Preferred pre-approval. Do the pre approvals trump the 5/24? Also, do we have any confirmation of when the drop off shows up for Chase? If the approval date was Oct 15, 2014, does it show as dropped on Oct 16?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:21 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'm at 5/24, if I include Chase Ink biz. That and a personal card will drop off mid October. But in the meantime, I've gotten an email and 2 mailers for Chase Sapphire Preferred pre-approval. Do the pre approvals trump the 5/24? Also, do we have any confirmation of when the drop off shows up for Chase? If the approval date was Oct 15, 2014, does it show as dropped on Oct 16?
According to what I've read mail preapprovals mean nothing. Ask a banker at your branch what you preapproved for. A yes there is definitive.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nsx
According to what I've read mail preapprovals mean nothing. Ask a banker at your branch what you preapproved for. A yes there is definitive.
No Chase bank near me although I'll be near one next week when I'm traveling. Does it matter if I go into an out of state bank for preapproval? I don't have any chase bank accounts (other than cc's).
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
No Chase bank near me although I'll be near one next week when I'm traveling. Does it matter if I go into an out of state bank for preapproval? I don't have any chase bank accounts (other than cc's).
Worked for Mrs J.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Worked for Mrs J.
Awesome! I'll do it.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:28 am

I'm at 5/24, if I include Chase Ink biz.
Many data points say it does not count. A chase recon rep also told me that.

Here is the funny thing. 5/24 counts for many business card approvals, but it appears it does not add to the total X/24 count. It's like once you hit 4/24, you need to make sure you have that desired chase business card before you pull the trigger.

It means once you hit 4/24, you need to make sure you choose the order of business and then personal card approvals carefully. At least that's been my experience and what I've read.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Chase doesn't even do business in my state, but I was pre-approved when I checked in-branch in Chicago. Instant approval, and card showed up at home same day I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.