Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PayPal Digital Gifts & Chase Ink 5x?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K
made two purchases on Tuesday 11/1, one using the MC version, the other using the Visa version of the ink. MC gave me 5x, Visa only gave me 1x.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: Chase UR, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Alaska, Skymiles, IHG
One extra data point, on 11/4/17 I signed up for a membership site which Paypal coded as "entertainment". I got the 5x bonus on that using my Chase Ink Business Plus visa.

I tried paying my car insurance(Progressive) using Paypal linked to Ink Business Plus and didn't get 5x. I thought since the member site coded at 5x I might get lucky using this method on the car insurance too. I also tried making a small political donation and the same method to see if I'd have any luck. No bonus. So it's odd that the entertainment site coded as 5x.

Just thought I'd add that datapoint.

Are there any places I can buy gift cards at 5x left? My local office supply stores seem to have stopped carrying the Shell gas cards which really sucks. Cardcash was where I was no getting them and didn't even have to leave home.

Last edited by reflexpoint; Nov 11, 2017 at 10:15 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by reflexpoint
One extra data point, on 11/4/17 I signed up for a membership site which Paypal coded as "entertainment". I got the 5x bonus on that using my Chase Ink Business Plus visa.

I tried paying my car insurance(Progressive) using Paypal linked to Ink Business Plus and didn't get 5x. I thought since the member site coded at 5x I might get lucky using this method on the car insurance too. I also tried making a small political donation and the same method to see if I'd have any luck. No bonus. So it's odd that the entertainment site coded as 5x.

Just thought I'd add that datapoint.

Are there any places I can buy gift cards at 5x left? My local office supply stores seem to have stopped carrying the Shell gas cards which really sucks. Cardcash was where I was no getting them and didn't even have to leave home.
According to Doctor of Credit: Gyft, Swych, Giftcardmart. Link
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: American, United
Originally Posted by briggek8717
I bought two different $200 eBay gift cards through PayPal Digital Gifts using my ink last week and both are showing as Utilities and 5x points.
I just gotta say something about eBay gift cards. They are dreadful to use. You have to remember to use them. Unlike Amazon gift cards which you can just apply to your Amazon account and it will use them automatically. You can buy either at office supply stores and get the 5x points if you are using a Chase Ink Business Plus, which is how a generate a lot of my points (via Amazon gift cards).
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by srallen
I just gotta say something about eBay gift cards. They are dreadful to use. You have to remember to use them. Unlike Amazon gift cards which you can just apply to your Amazon account and it will use them automatically.
You only have to remember to use them once. After that, any remaining balance is listed on the eBay checkout page, with a checkbox to apply it to the purchase amount.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by pdxer
You only have to remember to use them once. After that, any remaining balance is listed on the eBay checkout page, with a checkbox to apply it to the purchase amount.
Yes and no. Example - I go buy 5 $100 eBay gift cards. I make an ebay purchase for $5. I remember (which is unlikely) that I have a bunch of eBay gift cards sitting around and I get one out and apply it. Great, that works fine and now I have $95 credit left for future purchases, and that credit WILL appear on future checkouts. But I still have 4 gift cards that haven't been applied that I need to remember. And I need to remember then after I have exhausted my existing $95 credit. Basically it's as un-user-friendly as it can be. Quite the opposite of Amazon gift cards which you can now photograph with your phone and it will apply it to your gift card balance. You don't even have to enter the numbers.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Question for all of you. I can never get my Ink Bold to work online for Office Depot for some reason. I see that there is an option to use PayPal. If I use the bold ink on PayPal to pay for the OD purchase will it still be at 5x?

Judyjfla
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of legacy INK MasterCards being finally converted to VISA has been moved:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ly-2018-a.html

Last edited by mia; Dec 18, 2017 at 9:02 am
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:38 pm

Ink Visa Card: What egift card websites get 5x?

Gyft? Paypal-Gifts? Does anyone have current information?

Is there an official web page from Chase Ink that shows all current merchants that get 5X? It seems like a lot of work to figure it out!

Thank you in advance!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kira317
Gyft? Paypal-Gifts? Does anyone have current information?

Is there an official web page from Chase Ink that shows all current merchants that get 5X? It seems like a lot of work to figure it out!

Thank you in advance!
LOL, that's a good one. An official Chase web page that tells you which merchants that shouldn't get 5X do get 5X. If only such an unofficial web page were to exist...
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
made two purchases on Tuesday 11/1, one using the MC version, the other using the Visa version of the ink. MC gave me 5x, Visa only gave me 1x.
Has anyone had a different experience lately with the new Visa Ink?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:26 pm

I noticed that Gyft no longer carries Amazon gift cards I didn't need one for a while and now with PayPal digital coding as 1x and Gyft no longer in the game - do I have any other options? In theory Staples but I can't even remember when was the last time I saw Amazon cards there. Does anyone know if there are any options left?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:28 pm

I routinely purchase Amazon cards at Staples.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by srallen
I routinely purchase Amazon cards at Staples.
I buy them at OfficeMax.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:50 pm

I haven't seen them in NY/JC stores (never online) - but perhaps I don't know where to look? If someone does, a tip would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.