Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Local Chase branch leaving voicemails, asking me to call back...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

I've received two voicemails on this week from a local Chase branch. Both from the same guy who describes himself as a personal banker "calling with some information I would find helpful." He asks me to call back or stop by the branch.

Is this a marketing call or something relevant to my accounts? I have Ink Classic and Sapphire Preferred, both about one year old. Although I never MS, virtually all of my spend on these cards is in bonus point categories. I would hate to lose my UR balance.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
I would at least give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a call. It could be something valuable or it could just be a marketing agent trying to convince you to refinance your mortgage. You will never know until you call and ask.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
I would at least give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a call. It could be something valuable or it could just be a marketing agent trying to convince you to refinance your mortgage. You will never know until you call and ask.
Be careful what you volunteer if you call. It could also be someone phishing for your personal information. For example, the IRS is having a lot of problems with scammers calling pretending to be real IRS employees and asking people for personal information and credit card numbers to pay a supposed bill. It is apparently easier to spoof a caller ID than it used to be.

Safest thing would be to walk into that branch bank.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I've had a local Citi branch call before to try to get me to sign up for the 30k AAdvantage checking account. I assume because I have an AA card from them.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:58 pm

Chase is pro active in marketing. I think he just sees you a possible client.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:09 am

I don't think a call that comes in from a local branch has anything to do with jeopardizing your UR balance. But do keep us updated!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:12 am

From a local branch? Most likely marketing IMO.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Be careful what you volunteer if you call. It could also be someone phishing for your personal information. For example, the IRS is having a lot of problems with scammers calling pretending to be real IRS employees and asking people for personal information and credit card numbers to pay a supposed bill. It is apparently easier to spoof a caller ID than it used to be.

Safest thing would be to walk into that branch bank.
Yes, either go in person or look up the branch's phone number on the Chase website. Do not return the call on the number that called you.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:55 pm

You most likely have a checking or savings offer in the system... You may also have a mortgage with them they are looking to refinance. Its nothing to worry about, if you call back they will make the pitch and you can either take it or leave it and the calls will stop.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 8:07 pm

I received a couple of these calls last year, and also a few this year. Seems to be marketing trying to get me into the local branch. I've been inundated with bonus offers to sign up for either a savings or checking accounts from Chase. I have a long history of credit with them but no other accounts.

I wouldn't be too worried about this phone call, but indeed always exercise caution. I'd go into the branch myself if I really wanted to take advantage of one of the offers.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Call them back, they want you to open another checking account...

Be nice, They are...
Old Aug 2, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by redtigeriii
I've been inundated with bonus offers to sign up for either a savings or checking accounts from Chase.
Please do not place your self in the flyertalk hall of shame and not take advantage of these offers. I do not even use chase and have several checking and savings accounts from those offers
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
They're hoping that you will do more business with Chase. I got a call a few years ago from a 'personal banker' offering investments that could yield far higher returns. I told them that I worked for a hedge fund already and quite familiar with investing, in addition could not invest through Chase for compliance reasons. He sounded confused and asked if I could just come in so his manager could show me some information. I came in to deposit a check one day and they called over the manager who tried to start up a conversation. He tried to pitch me a few mutual funds and ETFs.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion
Please do not place your self in the flyertalk hall of shame and not take advantage of these offers. I do not even use chase and have several checking and savings accounts from those offers
Most of the offers requires a substantial direct deposit and balance in the account for a minimum time period. One of them seemed to not have as strict stipulations and I'm thinking of taking advantage of that one. But, I don't generally open bank accounts like I do credit cards
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by Centurion
OK, but how are you meeting the Direct Deposit requirements for those high bonuses being offered? They already have two DDs from us.

Are these the ACHs masking as DDs? I just don't understand how to do those....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.