Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using United CC on UR portal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Using United CC on UR portal

I just signed up for and received a Chase Sapphire and United Explorer card. I want to buy (no points) a United ticked through the UR portal and use my United card. My thought is that I will earn UR’s and miles (I need to meet the min spending still for both cards). What I want to make sure of is that if I go this route that I will still qualify for the free check bags perk I get for using the United card. Does anyone know if I will? If not I will just book using the United site.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Since this question is specifically about Chase credit cards, the thread has been moved to the appropriate subforum of the dedicated Credit Card Programs forum.

NOTE: This thread originated at the flame-free Information Desk — please reply accordingly.

~Moderator, Information Desk

Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:13 am

My understanding is that your CC is tied to your FF#, and thus your FF# will have the checked bags/expedited boarding.

Nothing to do with where you purchase your ticket.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum!

Thanks for the reply VizeL. That is how I suspected it worked, but it wasn't clear.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
If you are using the mall this should work fine.

Whenever I have used the book a trip it requires me to use the card with which I logged in. The field for payment has that card in a lighter font that can't be edited. You'll still likely get the free bag, but since the terms say you have to use the UMP it's possible you won't.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
I posted a similar question in a different thread. My friend booked a United revenue ticket through the Chase Travel portal, the charge showed up as "Chase Travel" (or something like that) and he did not get 2x for the purchase. His United.com account also says he has to pay for checked bags.

It appears that the MPE benefits only apply if you book directly through United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.