Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Verizon recurring payments don't count for 5x on ink?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Verizon recurring payments don't count for 5x on ink?!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Olympian, no medals (non-elite status :p )
ya I'm gonna stop using the ink card for VZ bill since they said no guarantee going forward that anything will be corrected and they refuse to do anything about it.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:18 am

Sounds like some sort of tech glitch. Ideas to try: switch to a different cc for 1 month then switch back, or get chase to issue you a different ink cc# and switch to that one. Weird problem calls for weird potential solutions.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Vz Wireless shows up as utility but Vz Residential (phone, internet, TV) show up as miscellaneous. If you currently have your Wireless and Residential bills combined, this could be why you are not getting the 5X. Separate the billing, this may fix the issue.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:00 pm

I am a little confused about the "utility" classification. Do either of the Ink cards earn 5% for utility (water, sewer, gas electric) purchases? This would be great for me if that were the case, yet I have never seen this on any of their advertisements .............
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Olympian, no medals (non-elite status :p )
Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Vz Wireless shows up as utility but Vz Residential (phone, internet, TV) show up as miscellaneous. If you currently have your Wireless and Residential bills combined, this could be why you are not getting the 5X. Separate the billing, this may fix the issue.
that may be it then. Thank you for that. I will separate them and move the VZ res. off the bill as well. Any datapoints here on others who have had to separate billing/not have to?

also thanks to pall, good input
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by jethro
I am a little confused about the "utility" classification. Do either of the Ink cards earn 5% for utility (water, sewer, gas electric) purchases? This would be great for me if that were the case, yet I have never seen this on any of their advertisements .............
No...closest we ever got to this was US Bank Cash+ when it first dropped...didn't last long..lol
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by budblab
[...] it is coded as utilities on my statement.
So far as I understand, the coding is meaningless for 5x rebate purposes. Chase pays 5x on transactions consistent with the cardmember agreement regardless of how they are coded on your statement/Chase Web site.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
I have Verizon fios (phone, interne, TV) it shows up as Verizon recurring and obviously get 5x.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.