Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase business CC department called me to discuss spending pattern and competition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase business CC department called me to discuss spending pattern and competition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott

They called and asked about my business, how old is it, asked me what do I buy at office supply stores (said computer hardware), noted that I pay phone bills, internet, asked me why I don't use my points, explained to me that I can cash them, transfer to partners, etc. Then they asked which other cards do I use except of Chase (said Amex). Then they asked what do the miss compared to amex (said gas). Asked if I like Chase Ink cards (said they are the best business cards). Then I asked what's a purpose of this call, and he replied "Just to get my opinion about Chase cards". I also said that I received and invitation to get a new Ink Plus with 70k bonus, and if it's ok to apply for it, since I already have Ink Plus (in MC version), and he said - certainly. I was spending between 3 and 6k a month with the card I've got almost 3 month ago.

What does all this means? Are they watching me?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems Chase has done a Soft Pull or Account Review on you. Not unusual especially on new Chase customers.

Lots of other elements if you do not mind to share that would help to guess whether this is a survey type of call or a call has a scrutiny nature.

1) What is your charge pattern on your Ink, ratio among Telecom and Office Supplies for example. Are they a lot of identical transactions?

2) How long is your history with Chase? Any other Chase cards you also have / use, albeit may be less frequently?

3) What are your charge pattern on your other cards? in comparison on the $ you put on the Chase Ink?

4) How much is the utilization ratio on all your cards in comparison to your reported income?

5) Do you have a business checking / personal checking account with Chase? and if you do, how much balances you keep there ? (enough to cover the charges put on the card even you have not paid them yet?)

Without the above it is hard to speculate why you got the call - such as it is a call for focus group nature (to find out what customer usage of Ink versus competitors offering,) or it is a call to gauge your spend activities and your ability to pay...
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
1) Witch Ink Bold which I received in May with a credit limit of $8000 I have first statement with just $30, second statement with $5500, third statement at $3500. There were few repeated transactions from Staples like 2x2069.50, 2x1862.55, and some other smaller non repeating transactions, Office Max (4x302.85), cable bills of $30

2) I have a history with Chase since 2007. No denials so far. I have Freedom and Amazon from 2007, Ink Plus from 2012, CSP from Sep 2013, 2xSW from Oct 2013, BA from Dec 2013.

3) I mainly use Freedom for category bonuses. Last quoter used for restaurants, this quoter charged 2x503.95 from 7-11. I use CSP for travel, used it a lot for travel in March, collected a lot of points. Now I don't use it that much, from time to time (car rental, hotel fees, train, etc). The rest is almost not used. Freedom balance usually not exceeding $1000, lower balance than on Ink. Ink Plus didn't see much action lately (no more than $400 per month.

4) Utilization is maybe 3-6k on all the cards together, much lower than reported income.

5) I just opened checking and savings accounts with Chase last week fro $400 bonus, and put $15k there. This is enough to cover all the balances at any given time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.