Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Links to Disney Credit Card...No referrals allowed here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Links to Disney Credit Card...No referrals allowed here

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 6:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I know the tactic you are talking about...what I was asking is were you actually able to redeem miles for expenses inside Disney parks...were you able to do so with the COV?

Originally Posted by eknock007
Actually do a search in the Capital One threads. It's been known for awhile. Unlike the Barclay's card were the redemption option goes away after you used it, on Capital One the redemption option stays active for 90 days and available for multiple redemption possibilities. So technically it can be used for subsequent charges that don't have to be related to that hotel/airfare/travel charge. Last year I booked a hotel in Orlando for the family via Expedia. I used the same redemption charge to not only redeem the cost of the hotel but also all of the incidentals (food, Walmart, gift shops). I simply tallied up all of the expenses and made a second redemption as close to the total as possible. I think I ended up paying something like $40 out of pocket on approximately $750 in incidentals (technically I could have redeem more than what I had spent). Others would simply make a dummy hotel booking, cancel the booking after the charge had posted, and use the resulting redemption charge for subsequent unrelated charges. Oh and the points can be combined from different card members unlike the Arrival card.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by benosufan
I know the tactic you are talking about...what I was asking is were you actually able to redeem miles for expenses inside Disney parks...were you able to do so with the COV?
Yes. Where the expense occurred did not matter. What matter was that I had to have a valid travel charge (hotel, car rental, airline, TA, etc) available for redemption. Whether I spent $60 at a Disney restaurant or $15 at a CVS for toiletries, I could use that travel charge to reimburse myself for those charges.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA
What are folks' experiences with getting the $200 Disney gift card after meeting $500 in spend on the no-fee Chase card? I met spend yesterday but the Chase site doesn't tell me when my statement period ends. (Opened the card 9/24.)

I have a Disneyland trip at the end of the month and I'm hoping to be able to use that card then, but I have no idea if I should count on it.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chrisremo
What are folks' experiences with getting the $200 Disney gift card after meeting $500 in spend on the no-fee Chase card? I met spend yesterday but the Chase site doesn't tell me when my statement period ends. (Opened the card 9/24.)

I have a Disneyland trip at the end of the month and I'm hoping to be able to use that card then, but I have no idea if I should count on it.
I recall getting my $200 Disney GC about 2 weeks after meeting the min spend. I cannot recall if it coincided with my statement period closing. I think you might be without the GC on your trip. Too bad really, that $400 (signed up my wife and myself) went a long way in buying food inside the parks for my family in July. Good luck.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by benosufan
I recall getting my $200 Disney GC about 2 weeks after meeting the min spend. I cannot recall if it coincided with my statement period closing. I think you might be without the GC on your trip. Too bad really, that $400 (signed up my wife and myself) went a long way in buying food inside the parks for my family in July. Good luck.
Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by dtp1987
I wouldn't use it for everyday spend, but rather for the $200 gift card and for the other perks in the park. It would save us a lot of money for our upcoming trip...
I'm not sure the $200 offer exists any more. And if it does, it only comes with the card that has an annual fee.

We chose the card that doesn't have an annual fee. And like you, we're only using it for things like in-park purchases, purchases at the Disney store, and because of special benefits it offers (like the cardmember character meet and greet). It gives you 10% off at most restaurants inside the park as well as at the Disney Store and a few other places (like the Disney resorts etc).

10% is better than 2%.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by TayoBus
I'm not sure the $200 offer exists any more. And if it does, it only comes with the card that has an annual fee.

We chose the card that doesn't have an annual fee. And like you, we're only using it for things like in-park purchases, purchases at the Disney store, and because of special benefits it offers (like the cardmember character meet and greet). It gives you 10% off at most restaurants inside the park as well as at the Disney Store and a few other places (like the Disney resorts etc).

10% is better than 2%.
I was recently targeted for the $200 offer on the no-fee card, and took the offer because I have two upcoming Disneyland trips. I haven't had ANY mention of the bonus offer ever since signing up though (no confirmation letter mentioning it or anything), so I'm hoping it actually went through!
Old May 19, 2017, 9:44 pm

Offer Code for Lion King Ticketmaster

I am trying to decide if applying for a Chase Disney Visa makes sense for the Disney Perks that includes priority seats for Lion King on Broadway. Is anyone willing to PM me the first four digits of a Chase Disney Visa so I can unlock the seat map? I must also purchase with a Chase Disney Visa so this is just to let me see the available seats, but not purchase. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.