Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
For those of you who were auto-approved on CSP, how long till your card arrived? I'm preapproved and have less than 5/24, so I'm hopeful that I won't have to wait it out. But I'm headed out for the holidays on Dec 20-31, so not sure if I should wait or not. Mail will be on hold at PO, FWIW.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
For those of you who were auto-approved on CSP, how long till your card arrived? I'm preapproved and have less than 5/24, so I'm hopeful that I won't have to wait it out. But I'm headed out for the holidays on Dec 20-31, so not sure if I should wait or not. Mail will be on hold at PO, FWIW.
it took about 10 days. i was auto approved. not as fast as prestige, platnium or exec.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by silver02accord
it took about 10 days. i was auto approved. not as fast as prestige, platnium or exec.
Ok. I think I will wait it out a bit. Do it around the 23rd so I'm back before card arrives. Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Ok. I think I will wait it out a bit. Do it around the 23rd so I'm back before card arrives. Thanks.
They're happy to expedite shipping, just call and ask. In my case I wasn't even auto-approved online, I had to call the verification line and read back to them a code that they texted me, before they put the application through and then approved me - both for the CSP and the Freedom. In both cases, while I was on the line I said "I really want to start using the card ASAP, can you expedite it?" and they did so, no questions asked. If you're auto-approved, all the better

EDIT: For the people who applied and were disappointed to get a "wait 30 days" message or whatever, just call the recon line right away. You might find that, like me, the problem wasn't to do with you, but just because they wanted verification. Annoyingly they don't tell you this when you apply - I only found out when I called recon for my "wait 30 days" CSP app.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
can you link the other thread, I'm in the same situation, currently holding a regular Saphire for a couple of years, would like to try CSP

Originally Posted by Troopers
See my response in the other thread. You should be eligible for the signup bonus.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:23 pm

CSP invitation from Chase

I got an personal CSP invitation with 50K +5K points after spending $2000 on purchases in the first 3 months by February 1st. However, I am way over 5/24 rules. Should I apply for CSP? Will I got rejected?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry
Hi everyone,

I signed up for a CSP card last week, but haven't heard a word except for an email saying "We'll let you know a decision within 30 days via mail". Should I call and follow up, or just wait it out? I have no idea why I'd be denied - stellar credit, no issues. I do have two other Chase cards open but they aren't that new - one was open in 2013, the other in 2011. I do technically have a couple of older cards as well (6+ years old) but they haven't been used in ages, been meaning to close them out but haven't had time. Not sure if that would trigger the 5/24 issue since they're so old.

Any suggestions? I was hoping to get the cards before the end of the year, I have a lot of travel coming up in Q1 2016 that would make it pretty easy to hit that spending minimum.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I would take the risk if you don't see any reason you'd be denied. It might be something minor holding up your app--like an address verification if you've moved recently.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:37 am

Had my sister apply for this card and she got a similar response- we will let you know by mail in 30 days. Should I have her call recon or chase to check on the app or just wait?? This would be her first CC in a long time, excellent credit, no issues with the 5/24 rule either. Not sure why it wasn't an instant approval. Any advice??
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:57 pm

Registered for CSP on Oct 5, when it was still 40k offer.

40k still pending to post on my next statement, but I went ahead and sent a message roughly 4 hours ago asking if it could be set to 50k as I had even gotten an email saying to refer friends who would get the 50k bonus, and the 10k pts were just posted about 30 minutes ago.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry
Thanks all! I just got notification that my application was approved, card is on its way Still not sure why I got the 30 day notice.

For others having issues, the "Applying for Chase Cards" thread has a lot of useful info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...5-present.html.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:42 pm

My wife just received an invitation in the mail today for a 60,000 bonus offer after $4,000 spend, for the CSP. It came with an invite code. I have never heard of the 60,000 point offer before.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: N/A
Im blocked by the 5/24 online but went in branch, was told i was pre-approved.

I applied and received application pending, and when calling recon I was told it was going through "back-end verification".

Is this probably a declined in anyone's experiences?

Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jlange311
My wife just received an invitation in the mail today for a 60,000 bonus offer after $4,000 spend, for the CSP. It came with an invite code. I have never heard of the 60,000 point offer before.
I've never heard of 60k for the CSP either, though there is a current offer for Chase Ink at 60k.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jlange311
are you certain it was CSP and if so did that include adding authorized users to get to 60k or was that the base? is she private client member?

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...s-coming-soon/

Last edited by g8trgr8t; Dec 23, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.