Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Convert Chase Freedom to Chase Freedom with Visa Signature

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Convert Chase Freedom to Chase Freedom with Visa Signature

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
What does chase freedom visa signature look like? Why would you try to convert to this? Hasn't chase been sending out new visa signature benefit docs in mail? I didn't do anything but received few docs from chase about new and improved card member benefits for my freedom and some other cards
It looks the same. The only noticeable difference is that the Visa logo has "Signature" below it. Visa Signature carries more benefits than Platinum cards. The documents you received from Chase are updates to card benefits outside of Signature benefits.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everyone who successfully converted got a call from credit analyst?

It seems now they allow conversion easier than before though the process involves some credit analyst calls you to verify income before the conversion takes place?

Earlier this year when we requested the conversion we were turned down despite the CL was 20K, well above the minimum required. All other Chase cards are Visa Signature, except this Freedom.

So we need to try again because Freedom is a "keep" card and the oldest with Chase, we really like it to be a Visa Signature for the better card benefits, mainly the extended warranty and the purchase protection.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
I guess I've never payed attention until reading this thread. I have VS on a $30K CL Freedom card. The card came that way.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:21 am

It's alive!!!!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
It seems now they allow conversion easier than before though the process involves some credit analyst calls you to verify income before the conversion takes place?

Earlier this year when we requested the conversion we were turned down despite the CL was 20K, well above the minimum required. All other Chase cards are Visa Signature, except this Freedom.

So we need to try again because Freedom is a "keep" card and the oldest with Chase, we really like it to be a Visa Signature for the better card benefits, mainly the extended warranty and the purchase protection.
What happened? successful in converting to the Signature, now?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Did you read the date on his post?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
So are all the Freedom cards now Signature if they have the chip on the front?

According to a CS person.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by mhdena

I just opened a chase freedom two months ago, It has a chip on the front and is a plain visa(4.5k limit) . So not all chipped freedoms are signatures.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I didn't think so.

My ink cash says signature below visa.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by prasha11
I totally forgot about it.

Originally Posted by exarkun
Did you read the date on his post?
Could not believe it was that long ago.

You made me to pull out the chip version to take a look - yes, both ours are Signature. I have not noticed it at all. So they auto-converted by themselves.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't think so.

My ink cash says signature below visa.
My ink cash remains a MC. Wonder if I could apply the Visa version and get another 25K? Guess it would be mission impossible with the current policy.

Just notice it is expiring in Aug but still no renewal card yet.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:09 am

Visa Signature cards traditionally have a min of a $5k limit.

I got my Freedom card last month (almost 2 months after I applied for it!) and it came with a chip, Visa Signature, $21k limit.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KRSW
Visa Signature cards traditionally have a min of a $5k limit.

I got my Freedom card last month (almost 2 months after I applied for it!) and it came with a chip, Visa Signature, $21k limit.
Since the thread is being resurrected, you would see I mentioned our Visa cards have 20K limit but remained the regular Visa - even got turned down to switch to Signature, TWICE, back in 2+ years ago. For the longest time, they were the ONLY regular Visas in our names despite they are among the higher limits among all other Visa (all Signature) we have. Not to mention the Freedoms have 8 years history and remain in regular version UNTIL they recently be replaced with the chip version then they turned into the Signature. There is just no logic to it.

Frankly most of the enhanced benefits from the Signature version have no use for us but it is still nicer, (and should have been) to have a Signature when the cards have 20K limit.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Visa signature on my freedom has allowed me to go to the movies more often for cheap. With the Fandango promo I can only use one VS every 30 days so my CSP was only getting me a free ticket a month, with my Freedom I now get two free tickets a month. In my opinion thats like $10 savings a month or $120 a year.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Visa signature on my freedom has allowed me to go to the movies more often for cheap. With the Fandango promo I can only use one VS every 30 days so my CSP was only getting me a free ticket a month, with my Freedom I now get two free tickets a month. In my opinion thats like $10 savings a month or $120 a year.
Thanks for posting this! I didn't know about it. Nothing interesting at the theater at the moment, but I'll definitely be using this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.