Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by tuscanyx
Was told the only reason for denial is that I have opened up too many cards (12) from the beginning of last year to now
You must mean 12 cards from multiple banks and not just Chase. Is that right? I'm asking because I didn't think Chase would allow so many.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:10 pm

Applied yesterday and called in today to find out I was denied. I have good credit score, above 750. Was told the only reason for denial is that I have opened up too many cards (12) from the beginning of last year to now and I can not shift credit or close any current accounts to get this card. Tried 2 analysts and was shut down twice. The second one has the note from the first analyst too. I have been using my Saphire and Ink regularly and paying on time/full and have a checking account with them. I know a lot of people has more cards with their App-o-rama but still managed to get more cards. Anything else I can do to change their mind?
I find that once someone noted the acct, its often hard to overide that decision (especially with Amex). but also its a human thing as well as "maybe, just maybe" not all reps read the notes.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:01 pm

Applied yesterday and called in today to find out I was denied. I have good credit score, above 750. Was told the only reason for denial is that I have opened up too many cards (12) from the beginning of last year to now and I can not shift credit or close any current accounts to get this card. Tried 2 analysts and was shut down twice. The second one has the note from the first analyst too. I have been using my Saphire and Ink regularly and paying on time/full and have a checking account with them. I know a lot of people has more cards with their App-o-rama but still managed to get more cards. Anything else I can do to change their mind?
Do you have balances on the cards you want to move credit lines from? I have read on other forums, that they usually won't consider it unless they have a zero or credit balance.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:30 pm

Thanks OP and everyone else. Was looking for a Business United card for a long time. Applied and got an instant approval.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by rrgg
You must mean 12 cards from multiple banks and not just Chase. Is that right? I'm asking because I didn't think Chase would allow so many.
It's a business card, not a personal card. You can always give it a shot.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:30 am

Thoughts on this scenario please;

applied for SW Biz & approved on 6/12. met min spend 1st cycle and received SW points (also was charged annual fee). balance is paid to $0 currently.

applied for CSP & approved on 6/23. met min spend 1st cycle and received UR points

also had a United ME personal card last year and it was closed when they moved credit around to open CSP card.

would like to apply for this United Biz card today.

also have 2 new CITI AA Visa 50k card just opened on 7/2 & 7/15.

do you think they would move the credit off of my SW Biz if I asked? and even close it so I could get the AF refunded?

all thoughts welcome.

Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 5:38 pm

yes, 12 cards from multiple banks. The analysts were one female and one male, so no difference there. No balance on the cards I want to transfer the credits either. My recollection is that this is the first card chase ever denied me, even though amex and citi approved me a card each this round. Does it mean I'll need to stop doing AOR for about 18months so the new card numbers drops to 6 or less if I want another chase card?

Originally Posted by rrgg
Old Jul 20, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by riversidetom
Thoughts on this scenario please;

applied for SW Biz & approved on 6/12. met min spend 1st cycle and received SW points (also was charged annual fee). balance is paid to $0 currently.

applied for CSP & approved on 6/23. met min spend 1st cycle and received UR points

also had a United ME personal card last year and it was closed when they moved credit around to open CSP card.

would like to apply for this United Biz card today.

also have 2 new CITI AA Visa 50k card just opened on 7/2 & 7/15.

do you think they would move the credit off of my SW Biz if I asked? and even close it so I could get the AF refunded?

all thoughts welcome.

Thanks.
That's a lot of cards in a short period of time. Chase will surely close the card if you want them to, but that probably won't make any impact on your approval chances for the UA Biz card. If you have too many recent inquiries then you have too many inquiries. It wouldn't hurt to wait as long as you possibly can before doing random apps like this
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:43 pm
brg

Originally Posted by MBrownyard1
I cant get a the 50,000 offer to pop up. Not sure which link you are clicking on.
I was able to get it after logging in to UA in my account; but not when I did not log in
(I also had to go back and forth as they described at the top.)

Last edited by brg; Jul 20, 2013 at 6:48 pm
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Thanks OP and everyone else. Was looking for a Business United card for a long time. Applied and got an instant approval.
Same here, applied 2 days ago, call check application status -- approved with $25000 credit line. Thank you.

p.s. one more question, am I able to apply other business card ink bold right after this United biz card approved?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by b744jill
Same here, applied 2 days ago, call check application status -- approved with $25000 credit line. Thank you.

p.s. one more question, am I able to apply other business card ink bold right after this United biz card approved?
If I recall correctly, I think it's one application for a business card every 90 days unless things have changed in the past few months.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
If I recall correctly, I think it's one application for a business card every 90 days unless things have changed in the past few months.
Friends of mine were able to get both Ink Bold and Plus within 60 days.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Got my card and just confirmed with a CSR agent -- 50,000 miles if I spend $2,000 within three months. Wow -- that's quite a deal.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
I applied for United Biz/Ink Bold/Ink Plus within one week, and got approved for all three of them.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Now I'm getting greedy. Submitted new application on my wife's behalf as a partner in my business. That's basically true, though we have no formal partnership agreement. Got the "needs further review" response. We'll see how this goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.