Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combine Chase Freedom points with Sapphire and other UR cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Quick question about Chase Freedom, which I'm planning to get in the next month or two (waiting to see if the sign up bonus will go up again like it did last year).

My husband I are CSP joint account holders. So we only have one CSP, and its in both of our names. I would like to get a Freedom for myself and a separate Freedom for him. Will we be able to transfer our Freedom points from both of the cards to our jointly held CSP card? Are we breaking any rules by doing this?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
according to this post in the stickied chase UR thread, you should be able to combine UR points with your husband from Freedom to CSP...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19486190-post2.html
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RhubarbPie
Quick question about Chase Freedom, which I'm planning to get in the next month or two (waiting to see if the sign up bonus will go up again like it did last year).

My husband I are CSP joint account holders. So we only have one CSP, and its in both of our names. I would like to get a Freedom for myself and a separate Freedom for him. Will we be able to transfer our Freedom points from both of the cards to our jointly held CSP card? Are we breaking any rules by doing this?
Yes, you're able to freely transfer between Freedom/Sapphire Preferred accounts - the T&C technically limit these transfers to spouses, but lots of people make transfers anyway. Either way, you should be all set - the transfer process is very easy and quick as well.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Great - thank you! I figured it was prob fine, I just wanted to make sure I didn't break any rules as I really like our CSP card and would hate to lose it.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:39 pm

Does anyone know the fee for transferring Freedom points to airlines/hotels?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
You can't transfer Freedom UR points to Air/Hotel partners. This is part of what the annual fee on Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ink Bold,Plus card gets you. The good news is you can stockpile now, spending as normal, and apply for one of those cards later, and your points will become transferrable once you get one of those cards.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by pdxp2b
You can't transfer Freedom UR points to Air/Hotel partners. This is part of what the annual fee on Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ink Bold,Plus card gets you. The good news is you can stockpile now, spending as normal, and apply for one of those cards later, and your points will become transferrable once you get one of those cards.
thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Once you get a card with transfer benefits, there won't be any fee (aside from the yearly fee) for transferring. And in my experience (with Korean Air...I haven't transferred to any other partners), the transfer is instant!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:30 pm

Once you get a card with transfer benefits, there won't be any fee (aside from the yearly fee) for transferring. And in my experience (with Korean Air...I haven't transferred to any other partners), the transfer is instant!
Yes, I understand the awesome benefits of the cards with AF's such as the CSP, Ink Bold, Plus, Palladium. However my friend wanted a non AF card and I thought you could transfer points to airliens/hotels with a fee. I guess you can't! Good to know I can convince him to get a card with a AF! Or at least rack up points until he decides to switch to one!
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:44 pm

Is there a limit to how many times I can transfer Freedom points to my UR account? Just incase I had to fly somewhere suddenly.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:50 pm

Is there a limit to how many times I can transfer Freedom points to my UR account? Just incase I had to fly somewhere suddenly.
I've transferred mine every month for over a year now. Just in case they stop allowing them to be combine with the sapphire preferred...
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Dangjr213
I've transferred mine every month for over a year now. Just in case they stop allowing them to be combine with the sapphire preferred...
Thanks, and excellent point! It seems like such a great deal I'm sure it may stop someday.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:14 pm

Qs

1. Does the 5% count overseas?

2. Does the ForEx fees count toward points?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:08 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
My husband I are CSP joint account holders.
Are you sure, or is one of you the primary cardholder and the other an authorized user?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Are you sure, or is one of you the primary cardholder and the other an authorized user?
Yea I'm sure. I had initially added him as an AU but he is not a citizen of the US, thus has no credit profile and I wanted to get a credit history started for him so I went through the somewhat lengthy process of adding him as a joint account holder, despite the fact that it probably eliminates the possibility of opening a second CSP for him in order to get a second bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.