Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
How are you out $600? You still have the GCs.
+1 ^

Originally Posted by LR2013
Personally, I will space mine out a lot more for the next round, without the year-end deadline hanging over me.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'd do. The year end rush is when CSR's get more aware... hopefully they "forget" over the course of the year. I had no choice, as this was a new card for me, and I just barely got in before the 12/31/14 post date deadline.

Will reach out via SM over the next few weeks to get these refunded.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Not sure if you're asking me this? I am not out $600 and hope I didn't imply that. I have $600 in GCs courtesy of Chase (and it's much appreciated!). I'm just relieved my last set of $150 was accepted, as others have been recently reporting they're getting denied the credit for WN GCs. At the end of the day we have to be willing to spend that money out of pocket if they deny the credit, which I think most in this hobby/game happily accept is a risk (among others!).
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
+1 ^

Yeah, that's exactly what I'd do. The year end rush is when CSR's get more aware... hopefully they "forget" over the course of the year. I had no choice, as this was a new card for me, and I just barely got in before the 12/31/14 post date deadline.

Will reach out via SM over the next few weeks to get these refunded.
Same here as these are new cards for us. Good luck! ^
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Purchasing GC today

Anyone know which GC, if I purchase today, is most likely to post today (i.e. this year, 2014)?

I realized I've screwed the pooch on this one but appreciate any advice.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Yarhead
Anyone know which GC, if I purchase today, is most likely to post today (i.e. this year, 2014)?

I realized I've screwed the pooch on this one but appreciate any advice.
Yes, any purchases today as valid. I read a blog entry on the Points Guy today urging people to complete the Amex purchase today to get the credit.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Yarhead
No chance they post today, but in the end they might be looking at the transaction date. On the Chase statements it only shows transaction dates, so if you wait until the statement closes to request the credit you could play dumb and say "but my statement shows December 31st, what do you mean it posted in 2015?". Nowhere in the fine print do they state they will consider the post date rather than the transaction date (they always say "date of purchase" which to me sounds like the transaction date).

Personally it's a risk I'm willing to take: I did my purchases yesterday and they probably won't post today. Worst case it'll go on the 2015 credit (or won't be credited at all) and I don't mind that much.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Well they're not out $600 on the GC's but they're out the 2014 $300 reimbursement and possibly 2015 as well if they continue to buy GC's. People got this card with the expectation that the annual credits would cover the AF.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
This is what happens when people abuse a good thing.
So says the guy who earlier this week posted "Has anyone ever tried to double dip (Dec $300 credit/Jan $300 credit), meet spend really quick, get points, and then cancel card within the 30 days after annual fee hit to get that credited back as well?"
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by lowfareair
So says the guy who earlier this week posted "Has anyone ever tried to double dip (Dec $300 credit/Jan $300 credit), meet spend really quick, get points, and then cancel card within the 30 days after annual fee hit to get that credited back as well?"

^^ burn
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Wait the annual fee on the card is base on approved annual date right? Or is it calendar date??? Ur comment would imply that it's calendar date for tr annual fee?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:11 am

Didn't get my card yet applied on 18th Dec and was approved on 19th.
My wife got the card early last week and purchased AA gift cards worth $145 and $150 with shipping $5. Called chase and she got statement credit for 2014. No questions asked
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by tdrag97
Wait the annual fee on the card is base on approved annual date right? Or is it calendar date??? Ur comment would imply that it's calendar date for tr annual fee?

It's account date and calendar date, technically. Since your account will be 1 year old on the exact calendar date you were approved next year. :P
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:03 pm

Clearly Chase has inside info on the airlines they have a relationship with. I got nowhere on United - they see the level 3 data, same with SW. Some have been successful with SW - but be sure to go low on SW. Delta, AA, and others are not visible to Chase
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by raccah
Clearly Chase has inside info on the airlines they have a relationship with. I got nowhere on United - they see the level 3 data, same with SW. Some have been successful with SW - but be sure to go low on SW. Delta, AA, and others are not visible to Chase
SW is done according to some here who bought GC's and it was coded with 5260 on the transaction which is a GC. If you call and get a knowledgeable CSR, they will likely bounce you and note the call in their notes.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:12 pm

Annual fee time. :P

Chase told me mine would be waived. LIARS. They're gonna get a stern typing to from me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.