Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi I have just applied for this card and got approved through the reconsideration line. I asked the representative and she confirmed that I got the 70k bonus but cannot confirm that the yearly fee is waived. I have seen different posts about the fee not being waived for non-Riz residence and I am not one, is it likely that Chase found out and charge everyone the yearly fee while still giving the 70k bonus. Just wonder anyone has experienced the same? Thanks
Hi just wonder if anyone may help answer my questions? Still in the dark don't know how to verify whether I will received this card without yearly fee, thanks
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:08 pm

simple

Hi just wonder if anyone may help answer my questions? Still in the dark don't know how to verify whether I will received this card without yearly fee, thanks
when you get it and activate it they will tell you. Then you have the choice to accept or cancel activation.

I signed my wife up since she has never gotten the marriott card and took screenshots of everything....nothing in the application says you have to be an owner!! when we call the consideration line, if asked, a friend or coworker who knows we like Ritz gave us the link. With full documentation and no stipulation in the t&c's I don't see how thay can deny her.
The real question will be when she gets the marriott card in the future whether they will change the t&c to exclude RC card holders from the MR signup bonus.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by austin_modern
so one would have both ritz carlton points and marriott points under the marriott account? (since you're only allowed to have one.)
Ritz Carlton is owned by Marriott and it's one of their luxury property brands along with Bulgari and JW Marriott. The RC and Marriott Rewards programs are technically 2 separate programs and you can only be a member of one of them. Moreover, there's no need to be a member of both because they have the same earning and redemption capabilities. That is, RC members can earn points for both RC and Marriott stays and redeem points for stays in both (same applies for MR members) but RC properties have their own redemption/tier chart.
You can switch from one program to the other at any time, which is what I think happened to existing MR members who applied for the RC card. You will use the same login for both programs.
I'm not a member of either program so I'm not an expert but I've been looking it and considering getting the MC/RC card later on.

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Jul 14, 2012 at 12:40 am
Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:15 am

Do you get 5 points per $ on Marriott spend?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by dcpilgrim
Do you get 5 points per $ on Marriott spend?
no - only ritz-carlton.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Ritz Carlton is owned by Marriott and it's one of their luxury property brands along with Bulgari and JW Marriott. The RC and Marriott Rewards programs are technically 2 separate programs and you can only be a member of one of them. Moreover, there's no need to be a member of both because they have the same earning and redemption capabilities. That is, RC members can earn points for both RC and Marriott stays and redeem points for stays in both (same applies for MR members) but RC properties have their own redemption/tier chart.
You can switch from one program to the other at any time, which is what I think happened to existing MR members who applied for the RC card. You will use the same login for both programs.
I'm not a member of either program so I'm not an expert but I've been looking it and considering getting the MC/RC card later on.
I understand that, I guess Im wondering if one has a marriott account with points and applies for this card - will they switch it to a R.C. account and convert the points to RC? Or leave one with a selection of two different points - RC and marriott.

I understand they can be used somewhat interchangeably, but will it all pool together where you can use marriott points to fill gaps in the +70k RC points.

Edit: Marriott account just turned Gold from my approved application 7/12.

Last edited by austin_modern; Jul 14, 2012 at 3:09 pm
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
I applied like two weeks ago and I have already received and used my card (it came activated by UPS). I got this fees information flyer in the package that also said first year fee waived. However, I confirmed the waived annual fee by calling the number on the back. At first the CSR was like, no we don't waive the annual fee on RC cards but then I asked her to look in my account details and she confirmed it.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:53 pm

so one would have both ritz carlton points and marriott points under the marriott account? (since you're only allowed to have one.)
If you already have a Marriott Rewards membership, your MR membership turns into a RC Rewards membership, but nothing really changes. You still earn points at Marriotts and RC's and can use points at either chain, as well as all the others in the Marriott family.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by cjpat44
Some data points. Before applying I had 5 chase personal cards (including marriott) and 1 chase business. Last chase card was opened around 60 days ago. I applied last week and got "application under review" page. On thursday, card was showing up on chase page and they cancelled my marriott card and moved that credit over to the ritz-carlton card. Card was overnighted and delivered Friday. This week, I got email saying that I would receive 70,000 points upon first purchase.
Update: 70K points posted today!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by cjpat44
Update: 70K points posted today!
That's great news. I got approved for this card today. My Marriott card (which I received 70k points few months ago) was not canceled to get this RC card approved. Will report back whether I get 70k on this card or not.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
I posted questions earlier about this and I have finally received the card with the terms saying the yearly fee is waived. Now need to verify whether the 70k will be deposited. I made a transaction, if I pay it right away now without waiting the statement, will the points be deposited into my account sooner?

Also I haven't received any lounge or club pass, has anyone got it and how long to wait (I assume it will be mailed separately).

Thanks again for answering all of my questions, enjoy your card!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

has anyone got it and how long to wait (I assume it will be mailed separately).
Reading this thread can be very informative.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Reading this thread can be very informative.
... the highest value being this post.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
... the highest value being this post.
No, this one. And by "this" I mean mine.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by mnscout
No, this one. And by "this" I mean mine.
Mine was useless as well.

On this note, they're still approving these cards. I applied for two chase cards last week - just showed up in my chase.com profile - assuming its inflight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.