Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Exec, Marriott Silver
Another data point...

As a current Marriott Premier cardholder, I applied 8 days ago and was not instantly approved. After calling the reconsideration line they were happy to approve me (split credit line w/ Marriott). I received the packet with the card yesterday and the materials indicated the annual fee was waived (as was noted on the application when I applied). I called to activate the card today and asked to confirm the 70k after 1st purchase, which they did.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by RewardTraveler
Another data point...

As a current Marriott Premier cardholder, I applied 8 days ago and was not instantly approved. After calling the reconsideration line they were happy to approve me (split credit line w/ Marriott). I received the packet with the card yesterday and the materials indicated the annual fee was waived (as was noted on the application when I applied). I called to activate the card today and asked to confirm the 70k after 1st purchase, which they did.
Thanks for the data point. Please update if the points post. I am looking at a Marriott trip reward and this offer would bridge that gap if it is still valid on my next round.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Just got mine in the mail today - about 6 days after applying. Packaging was pretty nuts. Nice card - although kinda mangled from whatever machine they use to put it in the packaging - not that I car.

Terms specified 0 cost first year. Called about the bonus points - they said 50k; I wasn't going to argue since it was effectively free. Will see if it shows up in a month.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:10 pm

Applied today, got a phone call from DE (302 area code) about 5 hours later to move around some Chase credit, approved today.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:52 pm

For the $100 hotel credit for a 2-night stay (or more), does it have to be a revenue stay? (i'm assuming so, but couldn't find the fine print) Or points can be redeemed for a 2 day stay, and get the $100 hotel credit?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:06 pm

What is reconsideration line that I have heard discussed on here?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by weeeeeeee
For the $100 hotel credit for a 2-night stay (or more), does it have to be a revenue stay? (i'm assuming so, but couldn't find the fine print) Or points can be redeemed for a 2 day stay, and get the $100 hotel credit?
Paid stay at rack rate.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:38 pm

Additional card?

Has anyone added authorized users to this card? What benefits does an authorized user get and the cost of each additional cards?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:01 pm

reconsideration line, can you explain more about it?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sinn1921
You call it to get reconsidered. Search
Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Originally Posted by sinn1921
If you were denied for the card.
Call Chase at 888-245-0625. Ask them to reconsider, and tell them why you want this card. Most importantly, be polite. Lots of people got approved this way.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:27 am

Applied last night, got a call this morning from Chase. Had to move some credit around (had just opened up a $20K BA chase card last month), but was told I would be subject to further verification after she moved $10K to open up the Ritz card. Not sure what that means, but hope I get the card!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
No Response after 3 days

I applied for this card on Monday and have not heard anything, no call, no email. Should I be concerned or is this normal for this card?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dayone
Paid stay at rack rate.
You mean Best Available Rate? I thought rack rate is like (crazy high) full price?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by scottinaz
I applied for this card on Monday and have not heard anything, no call, no email. Should I be concerned or is this normal for this card?
why don't you just call their 1800 number. They don't call or email you... they either give you a "walk of shame" letter or a snazzy UPS package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.