Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3.0 MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Natl Exec Elite, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by holocker
For people that have gotten their lounge card- how long did it take from the time you received the credit card?
RC Visa received on June 28. Lounge Club Card received today, July 5.

For Chicago (ORD), Swiss Lounge in Terminal 5 is the only one listed. Would be great to hear from anyone who has used the card for this lounge. We will be in T-5 next month and will take a peek in there.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by leonard016

However, this still does not answer the question of how many guests will be admitted free of charge.
As I was told over the phone "all guests" are free. I'll see if its true when I fly into Narita airport next week.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dante60093
RC Visa received on June 28. Lounge Club Card received today, July 5.

For Chicago (ORD), Swiss Lounge in Terminal 5 is the only one listed. Would be great to hear from anyone who has used the card for this lounge. We will be in T-5 next month and will take a peek in there.
Dont have your expectation on Swiss lounge too high. The lounge is SMALL. Dont know outside CX flight time, what it has to offer.

To learn more you can hop to CX forum and search Swiss lounge because for some inexplicable reason CX uses Swiss lounge for its daily flight ORD-HKG instead of using BA lounge - probably because Swiss lounge is CHEAPER!

I am not even sure you could get in during the time CX would take over the lounge. When we were there last November (flying CX J ORD-HKG), a guy with Priority Club pass and a CX Marco Polo Diamond, but was in coach on the same flight, was denied access - the lounge dragon said it would be CX J/F passengers only during CX flight time. The guy was sent to SAS lounge instead - where the lounge was more spacious but very little foods (cracker and lunch-size apple), water only. Nobody was there but the attendant at the entrance.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3.0 MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Natl Exec Elite, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by Happy
Dont have your expectation on Swiss lounge too high. The lounge is SMALL. Dont know outside CX flight time, what it has to offer.

To learn more you can hop to CX forum and search Swiss lounge because for some inexplicable reason CX uses Swiss lounge for its daily flight ORD-HKG instead of using BA lounge - probably because Swiss lounge is CHEAPER!

I am not even sure you could get in during the time CX would take over the lounge.
Thanks Happy. I will temper my expectations. Might even skip the Swiss Lounge actually because we are in BA F (ORD-LHR) next month (8:35 PM dep) and may spend the time in the BA lounge, which itself is not much to write home about.

But we will be on the ORD-HKG flight in CX J in March 2013 and looks like will get to experience the Swiss Lounge then for sure.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
As I was told over the phone "all guests" are free. I'll see if its true when I fly into Narita airport next week.
I made a phone call to Lounge Club myself. I was told the same thing - unlimited access for yourself and unlimited access for all your guests free of charge. Of course, each lounge has its own restriction on how many guests you can bring but as long as they let your group in, Lounge Club/JPM Chase won't charge you. This is certainly interesting since when I had Priority Pass Select from Ritz-Carlton Visa before the switch, I was told one guest is free and the 2nd one will be $27. And I believe there are other reports suggesting the same. That is why I always had one guest at most except once I had two, but they did not charge me for that time. I don't know if I was just lucky or they have had it set up that way since the beginning. Anyway sorry about the confusion I may have caused in previous posts since I assumed that they wouldn't change the policy for Ritz-Carlton cardholders when switching from PPS to Lounge Club.

Please report back and thanks for sharing. But note that you probably won't know on the spot whether you will be charged since it is up to Lounge Club to determine which product you have linked to your membership. It takes some time to transmit the logs from individual lounges back to Lounge Club.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 3:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Why the concern for post-visit charges? Lounge Club does not have any personal credit card info on file.

RC Lounge Club memberships bill to a master account. Check "Payment Details" under "My Account."
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:28 am

has anyone had the 70k points posted to their marriott account yet?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:13 am

So this offer is technically expired for non-RC residence owners? Read few pages back that they started to check whether you are RC residence owner. Has that been the case recently?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
I have applied and got approved last week. I'm waiting for the card in the mail. I called Chase and confirmed the bonus and that first year annual fee is waived. I hope I won't get shut down later...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:05 am

do you think my chances of getting both bonuses will be better or worse if i apply to the RC and marriott cards on the same day?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by heta
So this offer is technically expired for non-RC residence owners? Read few pages back that they started to check whether you are RC residence owner. Has that been the case recently?
I think this is a case of YMMV. I applied about a week after romadero applied but before he reported being denied for not being a RC residence owner. My card showed up last week without a hitch and indeed shows as being fee free the first year.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Why the concern for post-visit charges? Lounge Club does not have any personal credit card info on file.

RC Lounge Club memberships bill to a master account. Check "Payment Details" under "My Account."
Lounge Club does have your credit card on file - whichever card that gives you the free membership, in this case the Ritz-Carlton Visa.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by saacman5033
I think this is a case of YMMV. I applied about a week after romadero applied but before he reported being denied for not being a RC residence owner. My card showed up last week without a hitch and indeed shows as being fee free the first year.
Thanks for reporting back!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by leonard016
Lounge Club does have your credit card on file - whichever card that gives you the free membership, in this case the Ritz-Carlton Visa.
Source?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
Source?
I believe either in this thread or some other threads about the Priority Club lounge access - that enough people reported that they had to sign slips for bringing in guests. In the cases where the guest number exceeded the allowed number, they received a charge on their cards weeks later. So, without "Source", just by reading various threads, there are empirical data points to indicate that the clubs do have the ability to bill you back, albeit may not be directly - but the charge does show up on your related card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.