Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
The thread (and wiki) you should be reading instead of this one is Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present. Do yourself a favor and go there now.
Print Wikipost

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Book08
Folks,
I applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred for my wife and it was put under review. She has score of 770, she doesn't own many CC and the last time she applied for a card was in Dec 11. I put in the credit application Job: as searching and Month: one. Could that have affected her application.
Thanks
As of last October, credit card companies aren't supposed to count household income anymore. That new rule is being disputed by some members of Congress so that spouses may be an exception in the future, but nothing has changed yet. So unless you live in a community property state, yes, it can affect a credit card application if she has no source of income of her own right now. This is true, even for people with an 800+ credit score and a long history. She CAN apply for a joint card with you being the primary person though.

Despite all this, there is limited evidence that recently, Chase has been more flexible about this new law than most other companies for people with a long credit history and very high score.

Last edited by mareh; Jun 12, 2012 at 10:11 am
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:04 pm

Just call them and talk to the reconsideration people, they have actually been very nice in every instance. I think their #1 priority is having a good credit score.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 7:33 pm

A call to the reconsideration line may clear it up quickly. I found them to very easy to work with in the past.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Book08
Folks,
I applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred for my wife and it was put under review. She has score of 770, she doesn't own many CC and the last time she applied for a card was in Dec 11. I put in the credit application Job: as searching and Month: one. Could that have affected her application.
Thanks
I'm 99.9% sure this is the reason, a computer algorithm makes the initial call (instant approval or further review). In this case the employment info and months I'm sure created an issue and for that reason forwarded it for manual review.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:06 pm
Formerly known as cpatel1975

Programs: AA Plt PC Plt.HH Diamond MR Plat. IHG Plat.
is this promotion still active?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Based on my personal experience, consideration is more the norm than the exception. My wife and I have applied for 5 cards this year, one was approved right away, the other four after review. So this doesn't mean you won't get it.

The annoying part is that you won't get updated. You'll either get a decline letter or a card in the mail.

You could call Chase, but I'd at least give them a few days.

Does she have other Chase cards? One sticking point can be the total credit line on Chase cards. If she has one or more other cards, you may well have to decrease the line on the other card(s) to get this one.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:36 am

Thank you everyone for responding. My wife called the reconsideration line but was informed that she has already been approved ( and got very high credit line). I think, as suggested above, that auto approval look for employment.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CF_flyer
is this promotion still active?
Two offers. Discussions here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...d-150-fee.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...e-ba-card.html
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:08 pm

"further review" on Chase BA application

I just applied for the Chase BA 50k card, and at the end it said my app required "further review". My CR is very good, and this is the first time I haven't received instant approval for a card. My wife then applied and was instantly accepted, although her gross income is quite a bit less than mine and we should have similar CRs.

I already have a Chase UA card from within the last year, and I just cancelled a Chase Sapphire that was due for annual renewal. Is that my problem? What can I expect from here on out -- will I have to wrangle over the phone to get the card, or am I now persona non gratis with Chase?

Thanks,
Os
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Osbaldistone
I just applied for the Chase BA 50k card, and at the end it said my app required "further review". My CR is very good, and this is the first time I haven't received instant approval for a card. My wife then applied and was instantly accepted, although her gross income is quite a bit less than mine and we should have similar CRs.

I already have a Chase UA card from within the last year, and I just cancelled a Chase Sapphire that was due for annual renewal. Is that my problem? What can I expect from here on out -- will I have to wrangle over the phone to get the card, or am I now persona non gratis with Chase?

Thanks,
Os
i had a similar experience with chase this weekend. turns out my application was possibly flagged because i applied for the united card this march. was approved after calling the recon line but the rep asked a lot of questions...
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:42 pm

recon questions

hi brownie20 -- what kind of stuff did they want to know?

Os
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:17 pm

hi brownie20 -- what kind of stuff did they want to know?

Os
i can't remember all the questions she asked but there were some very specific questions about my job (a little complicated but clearly not especially relevant as i was approved for a rather generous CL), as well as questions about how much i planned on using the priority club card and a few questions about my barely used united card. maybe it wasn't that bad but i wasn't prepared for all the questions, having had no problems previously getting cards approved. i certainly won't be applying for chase cards within 6 months of a previous application anymore
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:41 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
What can I expect from here on out -- will I have to wrangle over the phone to get the card, or am I now persona non gratis with Chase?
Another likely explanation is you've reached the maximum total credit Chase will allow you. In that case, the reconsideration call is easy. Just offer to let them move credit from your existing card and that usually ends the conversation. (Usually a minimum of $5000 to open a Visa Signature line)

Don't stress. Chase wants to approve you.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...just cancelled a Chase Sapphire
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
...offer to let them move credit from your existing card
This illustrates why it is generally not a good idea to cancel a card if you are thinking about applying for another. You could have sacrificed the Sapphire line for the next card, but they won't look at that account now.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:33 am

Just applied to the UA Explorercard and got a pending to call. I had to shift credit from the old UA mileage card to the new explorer (I wanted the 50K miles, get the $50 statement credit and 5Kmiles for an AU ). As soon as I shifted credit it got approved.

Edit:

They agreed to expedite as well 1-2 business days via UPS

Last edited by leng; Sep 5, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.