Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
The thread (and wiki) you should be reading instead of this one is Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present. Do yourself a favor and go there now.
Print Wikipost

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by kajaz
I just applied for the Marriott 80 k offer. Credit score is 837 per my letter. Denied for too many recent applications. It's happening.
If you mean "5/24 is coming to co-branded cards," this isn't any sort of evidence of that. Among other things, applications are different from new cards (which is what 5/24 is about).

One might have zero recent applications & still run into the current 5/24 policy, as in the case where the new cards are all AU cards on somebody else's account. Or one might have applications that failed for one reason or another, in which case they are non-events for 5/24 purposes.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Applied for the Freedom Unlimited when the link went live yesterday. I've only opened 3 cards in total during the last 24 months so I was expecting an instant approval. Got the 7-10 day message. Called in today and the rep was adamant that I've opened "too many" credit card accounts over the last 2 years.

I've checked and double-checked my credit report today. Only three accounts have opening dates within the last 24 months. FICO is well over 800. I fought with the rep on the phone for about 10 minutes but he wasn't having any of it and refused to transfer me to a supervisor. He just said "try again in a few months." I've been a Chase customer for over 15 years and have never been treated so poorly.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:13 pm

Don't call. 7-10 DOESN'T immediately mean denial. 7-10 days for me has BOTH been for verification or needing more documents. So if you apply and get the 7-10 day message, call the verification/fraud line and see if there is anything you need to do. Be prepared because once it's all said and done... it takes ~1 month from application to getting approved.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:58 am

Online application.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:02 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Moderator Note:
Since we now have a couple of mega-threads going about the application process at Chase, please continue the discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...5-present.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.