Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now 50K] 60k points, no fee 1st yr, Chase Ink Bold Business Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now 50K] 60k points, no fee 1st yr, Chase Ink Bold Business Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
I got this card in March and got the 10k bump. Chase just called me to see if my revolving credit limit was high enough. My balance is about 55% of my CL. (I know this is higher than optimal, but it will be paid off in 2 weeks.) So that seemed like an honest enough call, but then he started asking lots of questions about my business (which is a legitimate side business) that were already asked when I applied. He also asked how much cash on hand I have.

I know Chase sometimes does this and he seemed happy enough with my answers. Does anyone know what triggers this and if I should be worried since he seemed happy in the end? I didn't dig too much about his reason for calling and I said the CL was fine because I didn't want to raise any red flags. I also told him I had higher than normal expenses for the month (which I also told the person who reviewed the app) and my future month expenses would not be near as high.

Should I watch the categories of my spending?

Last edited by sweetz_21_83; Apr 18, 2012 at 9:15 am
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Originally Posted by dajoip
Did you provide a screen shot of the 60k offer, or anything other than just a reference to it in your secure message?
No we just made a reference within the secure message. Nothing else was provided in terms of documentation.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:59 pm

How long does it take to actually receive the card from the date of approval? Better yet, how long does it take for the account to show up on your online Chase account? After being told that I would be recommended for approval (whatever that means), I haven't received an email or anything. I know that the cards can show up on your online account days before the card arrives in the mail.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:10 pm

When do you receive the 50k points after 5k spent? My statement closed last week but no points posted.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ducati
How long does it take to actually receive the card from the date of approval? Better yet, how long does it take for the account to show up on your online Chase account? After being told that I would be recommended for approval (whatever that means), I haven't received an email or anything. I know that the cards can show up on your online account days before the card arrives in the mail.
Call and ask if you can get the card expedited. Otherwise, it'll take a week. If expedited, it'll come via overnight UPS.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by offtheglass
Call and ask if you can get the card expedited. Otherwise, it'll take a week. If expedited, it'll come via overnight UPS.
Thank you for the info. I had no idea that I could've had it expedited. Darn it.
Anyways, I called, and they said it was mailed out a week ago. Postal service that slow? I should've gotten it by now...

Also, I asked if the card should have shown up on my online account. The recon line said no; the card must first be activated. That can't be right. I've had cards show up on my online account days before getting the card in the mail.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:04 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by metoo
When do you receive the 50k points after 5k spent? My statement closed last week but no points posted.
Chase has hiccups at times, its just programming issues, etc.
I've had threshold bonuses on the old ink not post after statement closing.
Contact them via SM or phone. Both will tell you it will take a few days to look into it but they do correct it accordingly.
Nothing to be concerned unless you need the points immediately, which I doubt in your case
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83
I got this card in March and got the 10k bump. Chase just called me to see if my revolving credit limit was high enough. My balance is about 55% of my CL. (I know this is higher than optimal, but it will be paid off in 2 weeks.) So that seemed like an honest enough call, but then he started asking lots of questions about my business (which is a legitimate side business) that were already asked when I applied. He also asked how much cash on hand I have.

I know Chase sometimes does this and he seemed happy enough with my answers. Does anyone know what triggers this and if I should be worried since he seemed happy in the end? I didn't dig too much about his reason for calling and I said the CL was fine because I didn't want to raise any red flags. I also told him I had higher than normal expenses for the month (which I also told the person who reviewed the app) and my future month expenses would not be near as high.

Should I watch the categories of my spending?
They were asking all the questions because they were considering you for a CL increase....no need to be worried, it's a good thing haha
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
No we just made a reference within the secure message. Nothing else was provided in terms of documentation.
What exactly did you say? I sent a SM and tried calling and got the same responses - basically they acted like they hadn't heard of the offer, or that it didn't exist, and if it did, it must be a targeted offer and I could only receive the additional points if I provided a code...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by captaincool
They were asking all the questions because they were considering you for a CL increase....no need to be worried, it's a good thing haha

Thanks captaincool, that makes me feel better!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:09 pm

anyone know how to add the bold account to a personal online account? it wouldn't let me add it..
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by mase
anyone know how to add the bold account to a personal online account? it wouldn't let me add it..
You have to call chase
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 pm

Call the automated line to check if it says approved

Originally Posted by Ducati
Call the 800-432-3117 line to check the status - If it is approved then wait for 3-5 days for the card to appear online and 5-7 days to physically receive the card. I am sure Chase has many backlog requests that they are clearing now
Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:23 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by mase
You can't. Personal and business cards are managed separately online. You cannot have them all together. If this is your first business card with Chase, you register the card when you get it and create another username for your business card/s from now on.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
You can't. Personal and business cards are managed separately online. You cannot have them all together. If this is your first business card with Chase, you register the card when you get it and create another username for your business card/s from now on.
I'm not sure where you came up with this information, but it is inaccurate.

I have all three chase business cards along with all three chase personal cards and also the last closed account under ONE single chase login id.

This is not an exception. Call chase, they will combine them for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.