Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:39 pm
umc

Originally Posted by PainCorp
I got approved for 2 within a month. Didn't need to call reconsideration or anything.
Everyone is different. Based on nnugnotsle's post, I don't think he should apply for another Chase card anytime soon.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 1:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by umc
Everyone is different. Based on nnugnotsle's post, I don't think he should apply for another Chase card anytime soon.
True, I've had accounts with Chase for a while. They went dormant about two years ago, and they've been sending me offers like crazy to try and get me back.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by lad2
You need "fresh miles" in your UA account in order to see the 50K offer.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...g-bckstgr.html
THANK YOU lad2 AND forextrader!
It worked! I followed forextrader instructions using dedicated accounts for facebook/twitter,..... and joined bckstgr. Got 625 UA miles (200 for linking to each of fb/twitter/foursquare and 25 for liking the bckstgr fb page.
Miles showed up quickly and the balance changed within an hour (extending also my UA miles by 18 month). I made sure to use temporary password for the UA account.
The ads for the miles plus explore credit card shows 50,000 miles now ). I applied and got approved within few seconds.
I like it ^^
Thanks again. The men and women at FlyerTalk are just GREAT!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Tr60
THANK YOU lad2 AND forextrader!
It worked! I followed forextrader instructions using dedicated accounts for facebook/twitter,..... and joined bckstgr. Got 625 UA miles (200 for linking to each of fb/twitter/foursquare and 25 for liking the bckstgr fb page.
Miles showed up quickly and the balance changed within an hour (extending also my UA miles by 18 month). I made sure to use temporary password for the UA account.
The ads for the miles plus explore credit card shows 50,000 miles now ). I applied and got approved within few seconds.
I like it ^^
Thanks again. The men and women at FlyerTalk are just GREAT!
You will get the 50k +5K miles ads when you go in your Mileage plus account.
You will get the 50K +5K miles + $50 statement credit ads when you go in your Mileage plus account and try to make a reservation
Old Jan 20, 2013, 4:52 am

Any trick we can use to get the same offer for the Mileage Plus Explorer business card?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by Tr60
Any trick we can use to get the same offer for the Mileage Plus Explorer business card?
None that I'm aware of. However, I've heard it's possible to apply for the lower bonus with the biz card. Then after meeting the minimum spending, you can SM Chase and usually they match the higher offer. Of course, this is a big YMMV.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:04 pm

I received my Mileage Plus Explorer Card in the mail over the weekend, but there are no United Lounge Passes, anyone know how to get those? thanks
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:08 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by babypuwet
I received my Mileage Plus Explorer Card in the mail over the weekend, but there are no United Lounge Passes, anyone know how to get those? thanks
They arrive separately. Wait for them.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Thanks for the fast reply. I was also approved for the Ink Bold which has its own two lounge passes, do I just simply wait for those in the mail as well? thanks again
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:27 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I was also approved for the Ink Bold which has its own two lounge passes, do I just simply wait for those in the mail as well?
Ink Bold works differently - check the thread on that card. It's via the "Lounge Club" program. I think there is a signup page but you need an invitation code, either from your card materials or by calling them.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:14 am

My DW applied & was approved on 12/22, and the passes arrived separately (i.e., after card was mailed & received) this past week. So assume a lag of roughly 4 weeks after approval.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
How long does it take for the 5,000 bonus miles for adding an authorized user to post? My husband and I applied for the card around the same time and added each other as authorized users in late December. My 5,000 bonus posted on 1/15, but his hasn't. Is it worth calling Chase or United? Do they do a weekly or monthly "sweep" for these types of things?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
My DW applied & was approved on 12/22, and the passes arrived separately (i.e., after card was mailed & received) this past week. So assume a lag of roughly 4 weeks after approval.
I'll second this data point, applied a couple days after and just received my materials today.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Or in my case, not at all.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:26 pm

Thanks! worked like a charm!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.