Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 6:12 pm

I went to the Chase branch today and got the 50,000 miles. They did it online, but I suspect their online is different than a non-employee's. Also had to speak briefly to a Chase employee on the phone and then was approved right away.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by umafuaba
I applied at a branch last night. They have the 50k offer w/$2000 spend requirement.
Yes. It's $2000 now. I went to the branch today and I don't have any Chase account at all, not even checking and savings, so I applied for Chase Freedom instead, as the banker said that's a better chance to get approved.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Originally Posted by JBHighRoller
http://www.unitedexplorercard.com/Premier

Use this and it still works, totals out to 65K miles (50k bonus, 5k for auth user, 10k anniv bonus).
My wife opened last month a UA-MP acct. With zero miles in acct, she only got offer for 30K miles bonus (from withing her MP acct). She than got 140 miles from some card (non-USA). But with balance of 140 miles... the offer for Explorer card is still only 30K bonus miles.
Looks that there is some threshold of miles that need to go over it...
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:50 am

I think that the targeting/triggering must have changed. I just recently got 1000 points deposited in my account and I was able to get the 50k offer on Nov 16. I was holding off on applying for a bit because I had recently gotten a new Chase card. Of course, now I can only get the 30k offer. Bummed. Should have just applied when I had the offer.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:49 am

Unhappy

Darn, I am in same situation. got a new chase card and have been holding off until today but found it's down to 30K miles. wish 65K miles come back soon.

Originally Posted by mike10s19
I think that the targeting/triggering must have changed. I just recently got 1000 points deposited in my account and I was able to get the 50k offer on Nov 16. I was holding off on applying for a bit because I had recently gotten a new Chase card. Of course, now I can only get the 30k offer. Bummed. Should have just applied when I had the offer.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by zgrzfg
Darn, I am in same situation. got a new chase card and have been holding off until today but found it's down to 30K miles. wish 65K miles come back soon.
Sorry to hear you're in the same boat. My nearest Chase branch is 3 hours away in ATL, but my buddy just moved there so I could end up there in the next month or so.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:14 pm

Tried for the 50/55k offer last night for my gf. No go (nearest Chase brick & mortar is 2.5 hrs away).
Had transferred 5k UR pts to her United account. Waited 1-day to let them post. Then tried the 1st post link in Firefox (private & non-private), Chrome, IE (private & non-private). Even tried it on another computer. Also, cleared cookies between each try (took about 30 minutes to try all these...sucked!).

I'm definitely going to send Chase a SM to try and get them to match the offer. Anyone have any success with this? I know people have mentioned that Chase doesn't like to match partner offers, but I'm not going to not try .

Also, just in general, think it would be better to wait until she gets the card/activates it? Or send the SM ASAP?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by MilesGator
I'm definitely going to send Chase a SM to try and get them to match the offer. Anyone have any success with this? I know people have mentioned that Chase doesn't like to match partner offers, but I'm not going to not try .
I got the cards yesterday and sent a SM trying to get the 50K honored. Just got a response saying they are forwarding the message to a different department and will get back to me within 7 days. Will keep everyone posted. Anxiously waiting....
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
It appears that the 50k+ online is truly dead for now.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
It appears that the 50k+ online is truly dead for now.
This is not correct. As I noted recently in this very thread, the 50K offer is alive but quite selectively targeted. As of 5 minutes ago, my college-age son's account still brings up the 50K offer, presumably because his recent spike in UA travel & his age make him a theoretically better candidate for building loyalty & extracting revenue.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:46 pm

Approved Today

I went to my local Chase branch and explained that I couldn't get the 50K offer online but understood it was available at branch offices. The young lady went online, found the 50k offer plus 5K for having my wife as a second card user. She signed me up, and I was instantly approved. I then drove home, bundled up my wife (it is storming heavily here in Upstate California) and got her signed up and approved as well. It is a good day when we can qualify for 110K points!! By the way, the spend is 2k in three months. I don't know how long this will last (the online version is gone), so go to your local Chase branch as soon as possible.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by saranyc
Question about applying in a branch... Someone said that they (banker) applies online in the branch? So I assume you can do this as part of an app-o-rama? Just do a few apps at home early in the day then go into a branch and have them apply online for you?
I did this on Friday, applied for several cards at home then walked down the street to apply in branch.

Originally Posted by mike10s19
Agreed. I was able to pull the 50k offer on/about Nov. 18 by moving some UR points to UA. I checked again around the 25th and couldn't get the targeted offer anymore.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by dallen5114
I went to my local Chase branch and explained that I couldn't get the 50K offer online but understood it was available at branch offices. The young lady went online, found the 50k offer plus 5K for having my wife as a second card user. She signed me up, and I was instantly approved. I then drove home, bundled up my wife (it is storming heavily here in Upstate California) and got her signed up and approved as well. It is a good day when we can qualify for 110K points!! By the way, the spend is 2k in three months. I don't know how long this will last (the online version is gone), so go to your local Chase branch as soon as possible.
Data Point: The woman in my branch first showed me the 30k offer, and I had to explain to her that there was a 50k offer. She found it and applied for me. She could not tell me whether I was approved and told me I would hear from Chase in a few weeks (not a good sign).

Called Chase when I got home and found out I was declined. Called the reconsideration line and was told that I was denied for "too many recent inquiries" and there was nothing she could do. Hung up and called recon again and got a different CSR who told me I could move some credit around or close one of my existing cards! Moved some credit around and got approved (2k/3 months, as others have noted).

Last edited by dedkends; Dec 2, 2012 at 10:14 pm
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:15 pm

The offer is still there as described in the thread, including the $50 statement credit. I first followed the link, logged into my Mileage plus account, and it showed me the targeted offer. I applied, and was approved.

When I then went to buy some tickets, I saw a link offering the $50 statement credit as well. I'm going to try calling Chase tomorrow and seeing if they will honor the offer.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:27 pm

Wife had zero balance, so transferred 1,000 Chase Sapphire points. This worked for me before. Well all I get is the 30,000 point offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.