Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences using non-Chase card at UR Mall

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 10:04 pm

A recent data point(s):

I just made four different purchases at home depot through the UR Mall. Per prior recommendations I made each purchase with a combo of gift cards and the CSP. Points posted on the full amount. Gift cards were purchased at the grocery store with the HH Amex for the 6/$ bonus.
Old May 12, 2012, 2:47 am

Programs: All of the Above
The thing I don't think people understand is that if you don't use your chase card, and for some reason the UR mall linky tracking thingy messes up, they have no way to know how much you spent/if you spent. I could message chase about the 20x Sephora deal and tell them I just spent $2k, but didn't get my points. If I spent it on a chase card, I'd get my points quickly because they can see I spent them. If not, tough cookies.
Old May 12, 2012, 2:53 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DavidAL
you don't use your chase card, and for some reason the UR mall linky tracking thingy messes up, they have no way to know how much you spent/if you spent.
Not true. The Ultimate Rewards Mall is operated by Cartera Commerce, which also operates the AA DL UA and other shopping portals which are not associated with a credit card. They can see if you clicked through to a specific merchant site at a specific date and time from a specific shopping site. The merchant is responsible for reporting the transaction and paying a commission to Cartera. The problem is that Chase chooses not to use this information at front line customer service.
Old May 12, 2012, 9:49 pm
jk2

So, what will be a suggestion if transaction is not appeared at UR mall? Chase CSR obviously will not help (they reply using plain script and they not listening).
Old May 12, 2012, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by DavidAL
The thing I don't think people understand is that if you don't use your chase card, and for some reason the UR mall linky tracking thingy messes up, they have no way to know how much you spent/if you spent. I could message chase about the 20x Sephora deal and tell them I just spent $2k, but didn't get my points. If I spent it on a chase card, I'd get my points quickly because they can see I spent them. If not, tough cookies.
I agree with this, but to each his own. It's not an annoyance until... it is. If there is a bonus offer 20x that I care about, I'm not going to want to toy around with it with other cards in case things don't post. In fact, I had a few purchases that didn't post (i.e. groupon, brookstone) at one point and Chase was able to address it very quickly because they see my spend. For the smaller spends, I don't mind as much.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
I like this post because I also have this kind of problem. Let me contribute my experience.

I have no issue of OS or browser problem but if I use other credit cards eccept sapphire preferred and freedom, I have little chance to get points. That is fair, right? But there is exception, travelocity.com. I always can get points from travelocity as long as I booked through ultimate mall no matter what kind of credit cards I use.

The worst one is marriott.com. They only post half of my stay and every time I need to send a secure message to get the point. Sometimes I use chase marriott card to pay for the bill. In that case, I never succeed to get the points.

Some people said they get the points by use of some american express cards. But did you also get the point recently? It is easy for chase to check that. They just need to run a comparation with the point-earning credit card bill.

What is your experinece?

Last edited by kunk00; Jun 11, 2012 at 6:21 am
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Not having read this thread before, I used a non-UR Chase credit card and fortunately the points posted, but in the future will probably use a UR card linked to the UR mall.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by kunk00
I like this post because I also have this kind of problem. Let me contribute my experience.

I have no issue of OS or browser problem but if I use other credit cards eccept sapphire preferred and freedom, I have little chance to get points. That is fair, right? But there is exception, travelocity.com. I always can get points from travelocity as long as I booked through ultimate mall no matter what kind of credit cards I use.

The worst one is marriott.com. They only post half of my stay and every time I need to send a secure message to get the point. Sometimes I use chase marriott card to pay for the bill. In that case, I never succeed to get the points.

Some people said they get the points by use of some american express cards. But did you also get the point recently? It is easy for chase to check that. They just need to run a comparation with the point-earning credit card bill.

What is your experinece?

Going through UR Mall on 6/3, I used my Amex Biz OPEN to get the 5% discount, and my UR points posted on 6/11.

I only used my Amex card for the purchase.

I was definitely nervous that it wouldn't post, and I would have little recourse.

Usually, I use one of my Chase cards when going through the UR Mall.

Originally Posted by Time traveller
Not having read this thread before, I used a non-UR Chase credit card and fortunately the points posted, but in the future will probably use a UR card linked to the UR mall.

+1

Last edited by mia; Jul 24, 2012 at 7:07 am
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:47 pm

UR mall..can you use a NON chase CC and still get points?

Just wondering , if you use non-chase issued CC like from citibank , after clicking Ultimate rewards mall, will you get the points for the purchase?
Reason I am asking is I have to rack up spending on a Citi card for bonus points, hence I need to use it.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:35 pm

I've used a non chase card over 10 times and I always get the points
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

worldtraveler232's question has been appended to the established thread. Reviewing the preceding discussion will show that it can work, but that when things go wrong, they go very, very wrong.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Just wanted to add my input to this thread. Just bought a light from lowes.com through the UR mall. I went to staples and bought $250 worth of lowes gift cards before I bought it online. The light costed $249+tax. The $250 in lowes gift cards covered the light itself, then I used the chase ink bold card for the rest of the transaction. Following Frequent Miler's blog I had hoped I would get all the points for the $249 light which would have been 2490 points. Chase didn't recognize the whole transaction. Only the $16. I had to send a secure message to chase. It's been quite the hassle.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:19 am

Because of the hassles outlined in this thread, my stance lately has been to only use my Chase Sapphire or Freedom cards for UR Mall purchases. I've also been going through upromise.com lately since they pay 5% cash back for many merchants, and I can use whatever credit card/gift card combo I want.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vortix
Because of the hassles outlined in this thread, my stance lately has been to only use my Chase Sapphire or Freedom cards for UR Mall purchases. I've also been going through upromise.com lately since they pay 5% cash back for many merchants, and I can use whatever credit card/gift card combo I want.
Why do you recommend only Sapphire and Freedom and not also Palladium and Select?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
Why do you recommend only Sapphire and Freedom and not also Palladium and Select?
Re-read my post. I only stated what *I* do, and I only have the Sapphire Preferred and Freedom cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.