Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2013, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Chase changed the name of the UR Mall to "Shop through Chase".

Please use this Master Thread for general questions and discussion of "Shop through Chase". See also these separate threads on specific shopping topics:

Travel booking is discussed in two threads.

Problems with points not posting due to technical issues or using other credit cards are discussed here:

Patterns of customer service experience are discussed here:
Print Wikipost

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Explore
...which UR card receives the bonus points?
The card account associated with the User ID that you used when you logged in to the UR Mall. If there is more than one UR card account linked to the same User ID you need to have clicked on one from a picklist.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mia
The card account associated with the User ID that you used when you logged in to the UR Mall. If there is more than one UR card account linked to the same User ID you need to have clicked on one from a picklist.
Thanks....nailed the process!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:49 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
But do be careful...

Originally Posted by Explore
I understand that purchases at the UR Mall receive appropriate bonus points whether or not you use a UR-earning card for the purchase, or even a Chase card. But which UR card receives the bonus points? I no longer have the Chase Sapphire, my first UR card. Default points were going there, but that card is now a black hole (yes, I did transfer existing points to a Chase Ink Plus before closing the Sapphire).

Do I need to do anything to have the bonus points credited to one of my current UR cards, if I use a non-UR card for a purchase?

Thanks.....
SOMETIMES purchases at the UR Mall receive bonus points for non-UR earning cards, and sometimes they won't.

I've been burned on some large purchases in the past and now only use a Chase card at the UR mall. If I need to use a gift card or a different credit card, I go to the AA mall.

Anita
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA
UR mall question

I booked a room at Super 8 for two weeks this June and I figured I'd get some easy points by getting to the Super 8 website through the Chase UR Mall (bonus is 2pt/$). However, this was only a reservation, and not prepaid (I did leave a my credit card information, though).

My question is: am I going to get the points in June? Will just using the same card to pay for the hotel do the trick? If someone has experience with booking through UR mall, then paying later, I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by mariof
I booked a room at Super 8 for two weeks this June and I figured I'd get some easy points by getting to the Super 8 website through the Chase UR Mall (bonus is 2pt/$). However, this was only a reservation, and not prepaid (I did leave a my credit card information, though).

My question is: am I going to get the points in June? Will just using the same card to pay for the hotel do the trick? If someone has experience with booking through UR mall, then paying later, I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks.
The points will appear AFTER the stay is completed. I've booked via hotels.com & travelocity. The points for both appeared shortly after I returned from my trips. My hotels reservation was not prepaid. I used my CSP to reserve & pay. Don't know if that is a requirement (payment).
Old Feb 17, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA
I plan on using the same card to pay for the stay, so hopefully it will work for me too. Thanks for the response.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Missing/Delayed UR and UR Mall points

I've recently been using the UR Mall to make a number of travel related purchases. I've yet to see any of my points post - I thought it might be useful to have a thread that tracked peoples experiences with successes/failures/delays through UR and the difference vendors in the UR Mall.

As a data point - Hotels.com, I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights back in Jan on a corp amex. The points posted within 2 weeks.
Hotels.com again this Feb, I booked 3 rooms for 7 nights on the same corp amex and no points have posted. I am unsure whether this is to do with the amex - which worked last time, or if the points are delayed longer than last time.
SPG - I booked 4 hotels through the Westin Link - which now links to an SPG page different from before.
My first night is coming up this week, the next two nights next week. The two next week are prepaid, but no points have posted yet. There is a 3 room/7 night prepaid in a few weeks which has also not generated any points yet.
The one this week is not prepaid, no points yet.
All were booked using my CSP. Only one is a Westin.

Will report back on whether the points come through on any of these.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:49 am
mia

Hotel points post after the stay is completed, even if the rate is prepaid.

Hotels.com Terms & Conditions
Not eligible until reservations have been fulfilled. Not eligible on the purchase of travel packages, flights, or cars. Eligible on lodging only. Cancelation voids eligibility, even if non-refundable.packages or flights. Cancelation voids eligibility, even if non-refundable.
Westin Terms & Conditions
Not eligible until reservations have been fulfilled. Not eligible on rooms made available at corporate rates or that require qualified proof of membership in a specific third-party company or organization. Eligible when a customer clicks through and, within 7 days, makes a reservation for an eligible room at a Starwood Hotels and Resorts hotel on the Starwood Hotels and Resorts Web Site that is consumed. A room is eligible when it is made available for sale on the Starwood Hotels and Resorts Web Site to the general public.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Amazing what the T&C will tell you! Thank you mia! You are most kind to point this out, I assumed that if payment was already made, why wouldn't it post...

Perhaps the thread is still valid though? I have had a couple of occasions where points didn't post and no where to turn, and I've read the same from others on FT.
There is no single thread, a la the UA missing miles thread, that aggregates all the info into one place.

If it's useful to the community, have at it!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:33 am

When points are missing (I usually wait at least 3 weeks, and as already mentioned, hotels post after the stay is completed), just send a secure message to chase and they will take care of it, generally with no fuss or hassle.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:03 am

Chase UR Mall Lowes giftcard bonus reversed on Sapphire Preferred, but not Ink Bold

(I could not find a place that discusses just the Chase Ultimate Reward program. Sorry if there is already a thread for this.)

I have been using UR Mall to purchase Lowes gift cards with my Chase Ink Bold credit card. I always got the 5X bonus points. However, when I used my CSP card, it was different. I initially got the 5X bonus points on my statement. But the exact same bonus points were removed from my next statement. When I checked my UR Mall summary, it was marked as a return so they subtracted the bonus points. I know that I didnt return my gift card and my statement didnt show any return credit for it either. I didnt ask Chase because I know that they would just simply tell me that my gift card purchase was not legible to earn any bonus points. I have ordered Lowes gift cards (physical and e-card) with my Ink Bold many times and I always got the bonus points. So my question is does Chase treat the Ink Bold card differently than the CSP card regarding paying the bonus points? Do any of you have similar experience?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
maybe your just unlucky that someone looked into your account for some discrepancies and noticed lots of gift card purchases...i'm unsure of why they would treat the cards differently...but it is a good data point..
Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:14 pm

I've had this issue 3 times. Two of them were at lowes. In store pickup for everyday items charged to my freedom card. Both of the. We're small dollar amounts so I didn't bother contacting chase. The other time was with OD. Placed a very large order for someone else and used their credit card. 3k points posted but then were reversed out the next day. didn't contact chase cause I didn't use a Chase card. All three were marked as "Returned" even though none of them were.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: All
Amazon through UR Mall?

Amazon is not on the list of online stores, I know I saw them the other day because I linked my points and credit card to my Amazon account. Is it normal for online stores to come and go?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:05 am
mia

Amazon is an Ultimate Rewards redemption partner, you can spend Ultimate Rewards points on amazon.com, but you cannot earn bonus points for shopping at amazon.com through the Ultimate Rewards Mall. Amazon seldom participates in any online shopping portal, and when they do it is often only for purchases in specific categories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.