Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by 4Health
What do people think is more valuable? The 70K Marriott points or 80K Priority Club points? I'm debating which offer I should apply for. Thanks.
I think Marriott.
1 you can get JW Marriott in HKG for 30K - get 2 nights and have 10K points left
2 the IC in HKG (about the same category hotel) will use up your 80K for 2 nights

Also, you can by PC points at $60 for 10K points = 40K points for $240.
I don't think you can get 30K Marriott points for $240. In fact, 30K points would cost you $375.

Last edited by Paulchili; Oct 27, 2011 at 10:38 pm
Old Oct 28, 2011, 4:18 am

I wanted to get some free nights at the JW Marriott in Rio de Janeiro. If I get this card, it looks like it's 30K a night at the hotel + 1 free night. Can I combine those offers and get 3 full nights without booking separate reservations? If my wife applies can we combine reservations as well if we want another night or two? Thanks in advance!

I might apply... My last Chase card was the Sapphire approved on 06/21, before that 05/01 for the British Airways Chase card and currently have a Freedom too...
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:14 am

Spouses and domestic partners can combine Marriott points when they are ready to make a reservation, it requires a phone call to Marriott.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Talked with a very helpful Chase rep this morning, and after answering some simple questions and moving a bit of credit over from the Priority Club cc, got approved. Was told the card will arrive in about two weeks. That amount of time seems interesting as this week I also was approved for the Amex Hilton Honors card and much to my surprise it was delivered to my door in less than 36 hours after getting approved for it. I did not request expedited delivery, but that's what occurred. I really am appreciative of these hotel cc bonus offers and tend to jump on most of them.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL,SW,AA, Marriott and Hilton
Originally Posted by birdseye
Spouses and domestic partners can combine Marriott points when they are ready to make a reservation, it requires a phone call to Marriott.
Good to know!!! Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 6:19 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
Originally Posted by philemer
Right, MBKing37. It's only a couple points deduction, at most. And recovery to norm only takes a couple months. Why wait for a "possible" offer when there are so many available NOW.
You make a very good point! I think I will get the card. I recently closed a Chase card so I hope that bargaining chip being lost doesn't hurt me if I need to call the reconsideration line...
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage, Hilton HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport
Is it possible to transfer these Marriott points to Hawaiian Airlines, then to Hilton. I am only asking because I know you cannot transfer Amex Membership Rewards points to Hawaiian and then to Hilton and I am wondering if MR is the only transfer that is restricted.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by janjer
Is it possible to transfer these Marriott points to Hawaiian Airlines, then to Hilton. I am only asking because I know you cannot transfer Amex Membership Rewards points to Hawaiian and then to Hilton and I am wondering if MR is the only transfer that is restricted.
See http://www.webflyer.com/programs/mileage_converter/
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by janjer
In order to transfer Hawaiian miles to Hilton, you have to call Hawaiian airlines and talk to a representative who carefully reviews your account history and decides whether to approve the conversion.

The Hawaiian website says:

Hilton HHonors Transfer Requests:
Please allow 10-15 business days for processing.
The name on the Hilton HHonors account must match that of the HawaiianMiles account. Miles are sent in increments of 5,000 miles and will create 10,000 Hilton HHonors points. Per the terms and conditions, third-party loyalty program mileage transfers are not allowed.

I don't know for sure whether they would approve this transfer or not, but I think you would risk the possibility of being stuck with Hawaiian miles if the representative did not approve the transaction. If you apply for the Hawaiian visa in the first place, you would know the miles would transfer out (as tested by Million Mile Secrets and others) and you would end up with more Hilton points anyway. (But you would pay a $79 fee, not waived).

70,000 Marriott points = 25,000 Hawaiian miles
35,000 Hawaiian miles (HA Visa sign up bonus) = 70,000 Hilton points

The best use of Marriott points is for Marriott hotel nights.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:53 am

So here's a question that some of you may know the answer to..

Can I get both the 70k Marriott bonus points and take advantage of the 50k Southwest points card?

They're both through Chase and I'm sure the "First time only" applies but I thought I'd ask. Hoping some of you have tried or done it.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MBKing37
So here's a question that some of you may know the answer to..

Can I get both the 70k Marriott bonus points and take advantage of the 50k Southwest points card?

They're both through Chase and I'm sure the "First time only" applies but I thought I'd ask. Hoping some of you have tried or done it.
They're different cards so as long as it's the first time that you've had that particular card you should be ok. Applying for both at the same time though is another issue -- IIRC you need something like 60 or 90 days (or 6 months, YMMV) in between consecutive Chase CC apps, but someone else can probably give a better answer to that.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:18 am

You can apply for two Chase cards at the same time, but the second card will generally be denied and you'll have to call the reconsideration line and explain why you want two cards so close together to get it approved, and possibly move a credit line from another card or close an account.

I don't think anyone really knows Chase's formula for how frequently they will automatically approve you for a new card, it depends on your credit, account history with Chase, and number of open Chase cards. 4 Chase cards at a time is a typical maximum limit, but some have reported up to 7 Chase cards open at once.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Antipode
They're different cards so as long as it's the first time that you've had that particular card you should be ok. Applying for both at the same time though is another issue -- IIRC you need something like 60 or 90 days (or 6 months, YMMV) in between consecutive Chase CC apps, but someone else can probably give a better answer to that.
Thanks to the both of you for your responses. Alright, I'm gonna give it a go.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by ddfr
mrs ddfr was approved for this card on the phone and we are quite pleased.

However, I think she had the card a few years back.

Given that she has been approved is there a chance the bonuses (points and cert) may be denied (in spite of the card approval) if in fact she did have this card a few years back. Or, am I worried about nothing?

Any guidance in this area would be very much appreciated.
If approved she will get the points I think. But she may not get the first free night cert. When I applied for my 2nd Marriott card back in 2008, or so, I got the promised points but NOT the free night cert. They told me it was because I had rec. this before. But, it is POSSIBLE she won't get the points because of Chase tightening down on churners. I hope she gets both.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by muji
...the Marriott FAQs state: "As long as you make a paid stay at a Marriott hotel every 24 months, your account and points remain active. Otherwise, your points will expire."
Under "General Membership" it is added that: "A Membership Account may be closed at the Company's discretion if no Points or Miles are accrued during a 24-month period. All Points in the Membership Account will be forfeited at that time." So if you do not plan to keep the Marriott credit card beyond the no-annual-fee first year, and will not be making any paid stays at Marriotts, then you will want to redeem all your points before the 24-month period is up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.