Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
20000 points added

I received the card with the old 50000 offer a few days ago. Yesterday sent them a secure message and got the bump today. Happy camper here.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by PatMike
I've churned this card 3 or 4 times and got the points but not the free night cert. Still worth it for 70 K.

This does put a wrinkle in my application plans. I was planning to go mostly Starwood in 2012, since reward stays now count toward Plat... plus I am a Hilton Diamond through the Surpass card spending....

Too many choices..... what to do ????
how long did you cancel your card before you reapplied?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:30 pm

Thanks OP! Does anyone know if there is a way to get bonus points when we refer someone to this card? <3
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:32 pm

I applied for the Chase priority club card last week, will I still qualify for this one?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:46 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Was looking into getting this card at 50k, but now at 70k it's a no-brainer.

My only question is, should I apply for any other Chase cards at the same time? That is, is there any advantage to doing a two-browser or same day apps with say, the Chase Sapphire Preferred?

Also, I def want the UA 60k Visa, if and when they open that up to the public, which is Chase as well, but am worried will be denied if I have too many random Chase cards (have none right now).

Cheers
My wife applied for 2 chase cards (Hyatt & CO 50K) back in March. 1st card, gave 30 day message, 2nd card same thing. 1st card got approved, 2nd got denied. Call recon line, closed out older UA card, 2nd approval. Advantage to 2 applications at same time: the 2 credit pulls got counted as 1 pull since they were on same day with same provider. She got 2 more cards since then. (BA 100K back in May, Sapphire last month). Both of those involved recon but they moved CL's from her existing cards.

If you did 2 applications, ask them to take some CL from the approved card and transfer to 2nd card. I am not sure if that would work as the 1st card just got approved.

The safer thing to do is to apply for 1 card, let that season for a month or two, then apply for the 2nd card. They may reject you because they gave you their (internal) maximum credit line but on recon, offer to split some of the limit to the new card.

Note: The reason they give on the reject letter is "too many inquiries or sufficient credit given". (I am not sure about the language of the 2nd part). I knew that my spouse didn't have very many credit inquiries so it had to be she had maximum credit lines that Chase would allow.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by ucool22
I applied for the Chase priority club card last week, will I still qualify for this one?
Getting a card last week doesn't disqualify you. Apply again and if they do end up denying call the reconsideration line and offer to shift credit lines from another card. This being a visa signature card, I believe its minimum credit line is $5000.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by beltway
Or if you have other Chase cards & are willing to close and/or lower the credit line on one of them. Never close a Chase card before making an application, as it takes away a bargaining chip.

I opened 3 new cards inside of 6 months last year without doing the reconsideration dance, so it really does vary according to individual circumstances.
Four months ago, I applied for a Chase Card (3rd one for the year) and had to use re-consideration line. Do you recommended I apply for this one now or wait out a couple more months to get to the safer after 6 months period?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
so, i received a targeted offer last week...Marriott chase...50k points, 2 free nights (category 1-4) and first year fee waived. i think I like the 2 free nights better than the additional 20k point...reactions?

Originally Posted by Yas46377
Great find OP! I was thinking about applying to the 50K card with a $75 credit I saw in another thread but I think I'll take 20K extra MR points over $75 anytime. Damn I really need to plan out my next churn.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by jacknyoc
so, i received a targeted offer last week...Marriott chase...50k points, 2 free nights (category 1-4) and first year fee waived. i think I like the 2 free nights better than the additional 20k point...reactions?
I would go with the one night/70k card. The difference between the two offers is exactly 20k points, which is equal to exactly one standard award night at a category 4 property. The benefit of having 20k additional points instead of 1 additional free night is that the 20k points can be used toward an award at a category 5 or higher property, whereas the free night cert is not only restricted to cat 1-4 hotels, but (I believe) also expires 6 months after issue.

Another additional benefit is, if you end up using the free night in a category 3 or lower property, you don't have anything leftover to show for it, whereas if you use those additional 20k points at a category 3 or lower property, you would have at least 5k points left (more for cat 1 or 2).

To put it succinctly, the 20k points have the same purchasing power as the free night, and they come with added flexibility.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL,SW,AA, Marriott and Hilton
Originally Posted by sun_aa
I was playing around with links and stumbled upon this one:
Landing Page
Application Page

70,000 points on first use

one free night stay at a category 1-4 location

annual fee($85) waived first year

no foreign transaction fees

Compare this with the other offer of 50k pts+$75 statement credit+1 night for the same card.

There's also the non-premier version offering 30kpts+$75 statement credit+2 nights. Chase might allow you to get bonuses on both because they are different versions.

The best offer I could find for the business version was 22.5kpts+2 nights

Those of you who got this card within the last 90 days for just the 50k offer might want to send a SM to Chase asking for a bump.

That's me! I just got approved for this on Saturday night.... it's still in their system no account number yet. When I get the card - sorry I'm a newbie - how do i send an SM asking for the bump? I'm keeping my fingers crossed they give me this one & not the 50k one.... but I doubt it with my luck. Why 2 offers out there anyway for the same card?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
excellent points...

I too often jump for the "freebie" without thinking it through. thankfully, more sane and thoughtful minds are available here...

thank you

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
I would go with the one night/70k card. The difference between the two offers is exactly 20k points, which is equal to exactly one standard award night at a category 4 property. The benefit of having 20k additional points instead of 1 additional free night is that the 20k points can be used toward an award at a category 5 or higher property, whereas the free night cert is not only restricted to cat 1-4 hotels, but (I believe) also expires 6 months after issue.

Another additional benefit is, if you end up using the free night in a category 3 or lower property, you don't have anything leftover to show for it, whereas if you use those additional 20k points at a category 3 or lower property, you would have at least 5k points left (more for cat 1 or 2).

To put it succinctly, the 20k points have the same purchasing power as the free night, and they come with added flexibility.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by CyblocGirl
Thanks OP! Does anyone know if there is a way to get bonus points when we refer someone to this card? <3

Try this

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rew...er-a-friend.mi
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Canceled Continental and Priority club cards last week. Applied for Southwest (approved) and Marriott (had to call and got approved). Not bad for free trip.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
My girlfriend and I live together but aren't married. Will Marriott allow the transfer considering we reside at the same address, or do we need to be married too?
The Marriott website says:

You can transfer your points to your legal spouse or domestic partner at time of reward redemption provided he or she is also a Marriott Rewards member.

To transfer points, please contact Marriott Rewards Customer Support at 1-801-468-4000.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Thanks OP! Got in on this last night, was going to get the Priority Club version mainly to have a no international fee card but this deal came up just in time...now to get the Mrs. in on it too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.