Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:16 am

On Reddit, the below link seems to work w/o an existing login acct:
http://www.marriottrewards.com/70k
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bonus on Chase statement but not in Marriott Account

Met spend too late on Sept 30 in previous statement cycle closed on 10/03 due to trip. Did not spend in October cycle but did made payment in that cycle. Statement is generated on 11/03
Bonus showed up on current statement closed on 11/03 as expected.
11/03 was a Tuesday.

Yet, as of today 11/10, a full week later, the bonus is still not in Marriott account. Previous spend points posted within 3 business days.

Anyone has delayed posting of their bonuses (just the bonuses alone, without spend points earned in the same cycle)?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA, Southwest
Is there a number you can call to see if you qualify for bonus? I am not sure the exact date when I got my last bonus.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by Happy
Met spend too late on Sept 30 in previous statement cycle closed on 10/03 due to trip. Did not spend in October cycle but did made payment in that cycle. Statement is generated on 11/03
Bonus showed up on current statement closed on 11/03 as expected.
11/03 was a Tuesday.

Yet, as of today 11/10, a full week later, the bonus is still not in Marriott account. Previous spend points posted within 3 business days.

Anyone has delayed posting of their bonuses (just the bonuses alone, without spend points earned in the same cycle)?

Yes, I was in a similar situation. I completed my spend, and the Chase website said the 70k points had been sent to Marriott. But a few days later, they still weren't in the Marriott account. It took me a couple of months to make the spend requirements, and the other points from the earlier statement had posted.

So I called Marriott, and they told me it could take 6 - 8 weeks for bonus points to post. Then the day after I called, the 70k points showed up.

With the previous statement, the points from Chase posted the day after the credit card statement was generated. It took about a week after the statement for the 70k to post.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeanie
Yes, I was in a similar situation. I completed my spend, and the Chase website said the 70k points had been sent to Marriott. But a few days later, they still weren't in the Marriott account. It took me a couple of months to make the spend requirements, and the other points from the earlier statement had posted.

So I called Marriott, and they told me it could take 6 - 8 weeks for bonus points to post. Then the day after I called, the 70k points showed up.

With the previous statement, the points from Chase posted the day after the credit card statement was generated. It took about a week after the statement for the 70k to post.
Thanks for quick response. Yes, by the time we started the spend it was after almost 2 months has passed. Met spend on 09/30, cut off date of the eligible spend is 11/26.
I called Marriott. Guy checked with other dept while put me on hold. Came back to say the bonus is received on Marriott side so husband should see the bonus just it takes longer to post bonus than post the regular spend. He said he did not know why but it seemed if it was for the bonus alone, the system seemed to post much slower than the spend points. He said the bonus would post in the next few business days. I did get his name and extension number in case I need to call back to follow up.

Lesson learned, always spend some on the cycle when bonus is expected to post by Chase to avoid this kind of shenanigans on Marriott side.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA
Interestingly, I got both my normal spend points and ALSO my "authorized user" 5,000-point bonus when my statement posted, but I also have not yet received my signup bonus. It seems odd that the authorized user bonus and the signup bonus wouldn't post at the same time, since you'd think they'd work basically the same behind the scenes. But I'm glad to see that it's not unusual for me to not have the signup bonus yet.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still no show in Marriott account

As of now the bonus is still not posted in Marriott account.

Chase SM confirmed it had sent 70K to Marriott on 11/03, but added it would take 7 business days for the pts to show in Marriott account. We know it is not the case if there is spend pts on the statement when bonus is awarded - the bonus posted the same time as the spend pts. This is the first time we experience such delay, and it seems because it is only the bonus being sent.

Today is the 6th business day not counting 11/03. Wed, Thur, Fri, Mon, Tue, Wed.

Will see if the pts would show up on Friday which would be the 8th business day and also the "will post after 3 business days" per the Marriott Reward rep.

No other Chase partners has such behavior like Marriott. Both Hyatt and IHG post everything 2 days after statement closes. Hyatt post free nights 2 days after spend is met, regardless the statement hasn't closed.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 11, 2015 at 11:23 am
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by slicktraveler
I am not sure the exact date when I got my last bonus.
In the past I have secure-messaged Chase and they were able to tell me the exact date when I had received a particular bonus.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by mk712
80k offer, doesn't seem targeted, expires December 31st: http://www.marriottrewards.com/80k

AF not waived, no free night at account opening, but 7.5k bonus for adding an AU (you can add your dog as an AU).
Any opinion on whether the extra 10,000 points is worth paying the $85 or is it a better deal to just go for the 70,000 fee waived card?

Also, can the AU be someone who already has the card in their own name?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by TxTrav
Also, can the AU be someone who already has the card in their own name?
Yes.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by TxTrav
Any opinion on whether the extra 10,000 points is worth paying the $85 or is it a better deal to just go for the 70,000 fee waived card?
Think of it as buying those 10k points at 0.85cpp. That's close to a wash for what I value MR points at, so I wouldn't do it myself without a specific plan for how to use the points in the near term. You'll have to decide for yourself if it's under or over your threshold.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:58 am

The 70k plus 7.5k offer looks nice but 3k min spending requires is high. Contemplating to see if I should apply.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still do not see the bonus on Day 10 after statement

Despite Chase said after 7 business days after 11/03 statement date, Marriott rep said 3 biz days on the call made on 11/10 - the bonus is still missing.

Took a long time to get a supervisor who informed me Chase had changed its procedure in sending the pts, especially the bonuses. She claimed Chase now sent over a spread sheet (hard to believe this) and informed Marriott that could take up to 30 days for the bonuses to go over even they were shown on the Chase statement. (even harder to believe). She also harped on the 6 to 8 weeks language.

The spend was met on Sept 30, the Oct 3rd statement showed the spend pts. So she said it would be Nov 30 at least to barely meet the conditions: 1) 8 weeks after meeting spend, 2) 30 days after Chase posted the bonus on statement. I mentioned despite the 6 to 8 weeks language, the reality was, points shown in partners' accounts within 2 to 5 business days. Marriott has already been the slowest among all Chase partners and now it takes 30 days? Besides, Chase SM said otherwise. She insisted this was Chase new procedure blah blah blah. She wanted to see the SM "so she could forward to the liason dept to make the 2 companies on the same page because Chase cannot tell Marriott one thing and the client another thing..." She gave me an email address to send the pdf file of the SM which I did. I offered to send the copy of the statement as well but she declined due to information on the statement that they do not want to know anything about. The SM from Chase has clear wordings, so it should be suffice.

All in all, it was an unproductive long conversation all in a very amicable manner including she would put in temporary pts to facilitate booking but I declined. Was told to call back by Nov 30 to follow up if needed. My hunch is a follow up would be needed - for whatever reasons without spend pts, even a statement is generated with the payment activity, the bonus pts are not going over to post automatically. Even if we put a charge on the card now, given the next statement date is 12/03, hence the earliest for auto post would be a few days after 12/03!

UPDATE

Chase intervened after being informed that the bonus was still a no show after 2 weeks. The rep called Marriott. However Chase also changed tone on the time frame the bonus would post. Now it is 30 days after Chase issued it. (that has been Marriott's argument.)
.................................................. .................................................. ..............
I have contacted Marriott and the 70,000 enrollment points were issued at Marriott on November 16, 2015. Points reported by Chase, can take up to 30 business days for Marriott to post.
.................................................. .................................................. ..............

The points are now in the Marriott account, with an an Asterisk -
*Qualifying Activity
The date of your last qualifying activity was 10/07/15. (the date when Marriott posted the Spend Points)

Never see this type of notation on a welcome bonus before.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 17, 2015 at 10:37 am Reason: Update with final outcome
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Can't see the 70,000 + 7500 points offer, am Gold from Ritz-Carlton card. Instead, I see:

70,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in your first 3 months from account opening

1 free night stay after account approval (Category 1-4 hotels)

Learn More and Apply

Unlimited points. The more you use the more you earn:
•Unlimited Point Accumulation
•5 points for every $1 spent at over 3,700 Marriott locations
•2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies & restaurants
•1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else
•15 credits toward Elite status every year after account anniversary

•Earn 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent
•1 free night stay every year after account anniversary (Category 1-5 hotels)
•Pay no foreign transaction fees and enjoy global acceptance with Chip and Signature Technology
•Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $85

Accounts subject to credit approval. Restrictions and limitations apply. Annual credit card fee applies after first year. Marriott Rewards Credit Card and Marriott Rewards Business Credit Card are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by msp3
Can't see the 70,000 + 7500 points offer, am Gold from Ritz-Carlton card. Instead, I see:

70,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in your first 3 months from account opening

1 free night stay after account approval (Category 1-4 hotels)
What URL generates this offer for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.