Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:54 pm

So, has anybody applied for the 70K biz using the link the wiki since the landing page disappeared? Did you confirm that you're getting 70K?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by kitkatft
So, has anybody applied for the 70K biz using the link the wiki since the landing page disappeared? Did you confirm that you're getting 70K?
I think you may have overlooked this section in the wiki:
Q. I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

A. How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Originally Posted by beltway
How can I trust the links in the wiki?[/B]

A. How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. [/INDENT]
^
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:07 pm

Guys, no need to be snarky. I read it. I just figured people might be willing to share their experiences.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by kitkatft
Guys, no need to be snarky. I read it. I just figured people might be willing to share their experiences.
The point is that it's an "Is water still wet?" question that only clutters the thread. The offer for a given app link doesn't morph into something new; either it remains what it always was, or it expires. And if you don't trust the wiki, which distills the wisdom & experience of the group, it's hard to see why you'd trust posts from random FTers whose claims are no more substantiated.

To be sure, there are areas where additional anecdotal accounts are useful. This just happens not to be one of them.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
The point is that it's an "Is water still wet?" question that only clutters the thread. The offer for a given app link doesn't morph into something new; either it remains what it always was, or it expires. And if you don't trust the wiki, which distills the wisdom & experience of the group, it's hard to see why you'd trust posts from random FTers whose claims are no more substantiated.

To be sure, there are areas where additional anecdotal accounts are useful. This just happens not to be one of them.
Actually, the fact that a given app link "doesn't morph into something new" according to the FT community's historical memory is really useful information that I didn't find in the wiki and only learned by asking the question I asked. So thank you for clarifying that!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: SPG-Hyatt-IHG-UA-AA-MR-UR
Man, is Chase really clamping down on AOR'ers or what? Despite only possessing one other Chase biz card and having a 826 FICO pulled by Chase, I I received the denial letter for the biz card and subsequently called the Chase reconsideration line. A not so friendly rep said, with a bit of disdain I might add, "19 consumer cards in the past 12 months - that's a hard decline". I thought Chase was only tightening the screws on UR card applications?

Meanwhile, wife was approved after 3 weeks, but still haven't received the card a month after application date.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: UMP Silver and Marriott Platinum
Chase Marriott Rewards CC Canceling - Lose Anniversary Nights

I had my anniversary nights post and then my annual fee posted. If I cancel the credit card will they pull back the nights?

Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by SychoSly
I had my anniversary nights post and then my annual fee posted. If I cancel the credit card will they pull back the nights?

Thanks.
No, once the night is earned it is earned.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by chener
Man, is Chase really clamping down on AOR'ers or what? Despite only possessing one other Chase biz card and having a 826 FICO pulled by Chase, I I received the denial letter for the biz card and subsequently called the Chase reconsideration line. A not so friendly rep said, with a bit of disdain I might add, "19 consumer cards in the past 12 months - that's a hard decline". I thought Chase was only tightening the screws on UR card applications?

Meanwhile, wife was approved after 3 weeks, but still haven't received the card a month after application date.
I think I ran into the same rep Bonus churning seems to be going the way of the dodo.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:49 am

It's been over 2 weeks (almost 3) since approval, and the card is not anymore in sight yet. If I don't get it this week, I'll probably call in to inquire. I'm just surprised since Chase is usually pretty efficient (based on past experience), so I am surprised it took so long to get my new card. The usual says 7-10 business days but normally I get them well before then.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Star Alliance Gold, Titanium Elite Marriott, Celebrity Elite, IHG, Hilton Diamond
Marriott Premier Visa

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
It's been over 2 weeks (almost 3) since approval, and the card is not anymore in sight yet. If I don't get it this week, I'll probably call in to inquire. I'm just surprised since Chase is usually pretty efficient (based on past experience), so I am surprised it took so long to get my new card. The usual says 7-10 business days but normally I get them well before then.
They are a little slow on mailing the Marriott Premier Visa. You can call and check the date the card was mailed. I think it took about three week from on line application to the date I received it. The last time I applied for the Ink Card Chase offered a next day delivery for a fee.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:40 pm

I am about to meet my spend on the 80K point card but realized that I was never assigned a member rewards number. Or at least I don't have it handy (I acknowledge it's possible I was assigned one but threw it out). I tried to sign up with Marriott online but it seems my email address is already in their system. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Didn't it come pre-printed on your credit card? Look on the back, lower left, just above all the phone numbers.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Didn't it come pre-printed on your credit card? Look on the back, lower left, just above all the phone numbers.
No. There's a spot for it, but no number printed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.