J.P. Morgan Select Visa Signature

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by Nick92
Can you post that PDF?
I'm not sure how to host the PDF, but here is the text of it copy and pasted:

Distinctive rewards, exclusive privileges

For more than 160 years, J.P. Morgan has been providing exceptional service to wealthy individuals and their families. This experience has
given us a keen understanding of our clients’ financial requirements as well as their lifestyle preferences—insights that are the foundation of
our distinctive credit card offerings.

Pricing
J.P. MORGAN PALLADIUM CARD*
• $595 annual fee 1
• $99 fee for each authorized user (up to five authorized users)1
• No late fees, returned payment fees, over limit fees
• No pre-set spending limit 3
• No foreign transaction fees 1
• No cash advance fees 1

J.P. MORGAN SELECT CARD*
• $95 annual fee, $0 introductory annual fee for the first year 2
• No fee for authorized users (up to five authorized users) 2
• No late fees, returned payment fees, over limit fees
• No pre-set spending limit 3
• No foreign transaction fees 2

Spend bonus
• 35,000 points with $100,000 annual spend after next purchase 4

J.P. MORGAN SELECT CARD*
• 25,000 points with $100,000 annual spend after next purchase 5

Earning rewards
• Earn 2 points for every dollar spent for eligible travel, including air, hotel, cruise and rental car purchases, and more; 1 point for every dollar spent on all other purchases 4
• No annual cap on earning points 4
• Points never expire

J.P. MORGAN SELECT CARD*
• Earn 2 points for every dollar spent for eligible travel, including air, hotel, cruise and rental car purchases, and more; 1 point for every dollar spent on all other purchases 5
• No annual cap on earning points 5
• Points never expire

Redeeming rewards
• Travel gift cards, cash back and merchandise
• Transfer points to participating frequent travel programs at a 1:1 value with no fee. Partners include:
- British Airways Executive Club
- United MileagePlus®,
- Hyatt Gold Passport®
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®
and more

J.P. MORGAN SELECT CARD*
• Travel gift cards, cash back and merchandise
• Transfer points to participating frequent travel programs at a 1:1 value with no fee. Partners include:
- British Airways Executive Club
- United MileagePlus®,
- Hyatt Gold Passport®
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®
and more

Concierge
• J.P. Morgan Concierge 6

J.P. MORGAN SELECT CARD*
• Visa Signature® Concierge 7

Airport lounge access
• LOUNGE CLUB TM membership 8

J.P. MORGAN SELECT CARD*
• N/A

Additional travel benefits
• Exclusive privileges with Visa Signature Preferred Travel Benefits, such as lost baggage, emergency evacuation, ticket protection, auto rental and trip cancellation 9
• Specialized amenities offered by more than 50 hotels in over 20 key cities worldwide
• Private jet rental privileges 10
• Smart chip and signature technology—the standard method of payment in most non-U.S. markets

J.P. MORGAN SELECT CARD*
• Exclusive privileges with Visa Signature Preferred Travel Benefits, such as lost baggage, emergency evacuation, ticket protection, auto rental and trip cancellation 9
• Smart chip and signature technology—the standard method of payment in most non-U.S. markets

*See applicable disclosures on reverse.
To learn more, speak to your J.P. Morgan team. We look forward to serving you, now and for years to come.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:56 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Are Cards Being Reissued?

My JPM Select card is due to expire later this year. Have any of you cardholders been getting replacement cards automatically issued?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:43 am

The J.P. Morgan Select card will be discontinued on February 28th (last day to submit a new application). All existing JPM Select cards will eventually be converted to Chase Sapphire Preferred, but not until February 2015 at the earliest (and cardholders will receive at least 45 days notice of the change). If your card is scheduled to expire before then, you will receive a replacement JPM Select card.

The stated reason for the retirement of the Select card is to streamline the credit card product suite, and allow Card Services to "focus its resources on enhancing the benefits of the J.P. Morgan Palladium Card in 2014 based on feedback from clients and employees."
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA, QF
Can you source this please?

Originally Posted by bribro
The J.P. Morgan Select card will be discontinued on February 28th (last day to submit a new application). All existing JPM Select cards will eventually be converted to Chase Sapphire Preferred, but not until February 2015 at the earliest (and cardholders will receive at least 45 days notice of the change). If your card is scheduled to expire before then, you will receive a replacement JPM Select card.

The stated reason for the retirement of the Select card is to streamline the credit card product suite, and allow Card Services to "focus its resources on enhancing the benefits of the J.P. Morgan Palladium Card in 2014 based on feedback from clients and employees."
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by joepakid
Can you source this please?
My J.P. Morgan Private Banker, and confirmed with a senior executive at JPMC Card Services.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:20 am

I'll be sorry to see it go. Since my palladium is too heavy to easily carry, Chase issued a Select card with the palladium number. I like the color of the JPM since it is easily distinguishable from the others. CSP is just a blue like many others.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:22 am

The good news is that I'll get the replacement. The bad news is the eventual demise. I got the card for the chip (which in time will not be unique), but keep it because of the great customer service when I call in. Love not having to enter my CC number before talking to a person!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
I'll be sorry to see it go. Since my palladium is too heavy to easily carry, Chase issued a Select card with the palladium number. I like the color of the JPM since it is easily distinguishable from the others. CSP is just a blue like many others.
They will probably keep the JPM Select form factor around for Palladium card holders who want a plastic card. At least until the Palladium card form factor is updated.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:11 am

Hidden Credit Line

Just a data point: Just called my Chase JP Morgan customer service line and asked what would happen if I charged a new auto on my card, an amount exceeding my published credit limit. The rep assured me that I could make the purchase, as the real credit limit was about double what my published limit notes. ^
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Just a data point: Just called my Chase JP Morgan customer service line and asked what would happen if I charged a new auto on my card, an amount exceeding my published credit limit. The rep assured me that I could make the purchase, as the real credit limit was about double what my published limit notes. ^
May I ask what scenario you're in where the dealer is letting you charge the whole car? Are they getting a big holdback or incentive on 2014 models already? I occasionally hear of people charging the whole car, but in my own experience after negotiating a fair price they never want to put a large percentage of the purchase on a credit card.

I'd definitely love the huge points boost, but I'm not going to pay more than ~1% extra on the car for it.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:35 am

So if that's the case, then I guess we'll lose the hidden credit line (2x stated credit line) AND the lower limit will show up on our credit reports? Because currently the card doesn't show up on my credit report at all, which is very nice when I have to run a balance. This could have a pretty big negative impact on a lot of people and I wonder if Chase will do anything to mitigate it.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by javacodeguy
Quote:

Just a data point: Just called my Chase JP Morgan customer service line and asked what would happen if I charged a new auto on my card, an amount exceeding my published credit limit. The rep assured me that I could make the purchase, as the real credit limit was about double what my published limit notes.

May I ask what scenario you're in where the dealer is letting you charge the whole car? Are they getting a big holdback or incentive on 2014 models already? I occasionally hear of people charging the whole car, but in my own experience after negotiating a fair price they never want to put a large percentage of the purchase on a credit card.

I'd definitely love the huge points boost, but I'm not going to pay more than ~1% extra on the car for it.
Turns out they would not let me charge it Hope sprang eternal.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:52 pm

You can spend up to 2x your credit "limit" for sure, but any charges beyond that are case-by-case (like any Visa Signature card). However, you can only revolve your credit limit, so you'd have to pay down anything exceeding your CL by your next due date.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by jchock1
So if that's the case, then I guess we'll lose the hidden credit line (2x stated credit line) AND the lower limit will show up on our credit reports?
Most likely, yes.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
They will probably keep the JPM Select form factor around for Palladium card holders who want a plastic card. At least until the Palladium card form factor is updated.
I read in the Palladium thread that this was an option, but will the plastic JPMS card be available with the chip on the front?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.