Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by nall
CSP doesn't offer primary rental insurance, does it?
No, it is secondary.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:11 am

20% travel discount with Chase Sapphire?

I currently have an Ink Cash business card with an awesome points system. I was thinking about signing up for the Sapphire card but the only big item I see would be the 20% discount in travel. My current card doesn't give me access to the UR system so I cannot check out travel prices.

I only have a couple of questions:

1. If a trip costs $1000, do I automatically get 20% off of do I only get 20% off with the points spent? Example: $500 cash + 40,000 points = $1000. If I get 20% off all bookings that is pretty amazing.

2. How does booking travel compare with Expedia/Orbitz? The Bank of America card I used to use for points had a travel system. One example was I could get a plane ticket OR $350 with my points. I took the $350 and I bought the ticket on Expedia for $250.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The 20% "discount" simply means that points are valued at $0.0125 each rather than $0.01 each when used to purchase travel through Chase's agency.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:28 am

Not that great then. my 3x points on gas, dining, office and hardware stores seems better than the 2x + dividends.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:40 am
mia

It sounds as f you have an older version of Ink Cash. The current version has a different rewards structure:

https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu...CELL=6RRW&MSC=

While the current version is marketed as a cash back card it actually earns points which can be redeemed for cash, but they can also be transferred to an Ultimate Rewards account associated with another card, such as Sapphire Preferred. The value bump comes when the points are transferred to UA or another airline partner and redeemed for premium cabin tickets, not when they are used in lieu of cash to buy revenue tickets.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:45 am

So I could transfer 50,000 periodically over to UR and then get a 20% discount using those points for travel. If the cost for a trip wasn't drastically overpriced like BoA that might be worth it.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:50 am
mia

I do not know whether your version of Ink Cash would permit this transfer.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
Renewal fee waiver success?

Hi, I'm coming up for my first renewal. I would like to keep the card but don't want to pay the renewal fee. Anyone have any success getting it waived outright, or after X number of purchases (Citi does that), or set amount of spend, etc?

Apologies if this has been asked. I searched this site but couldn't find a specific answer.

Thank you.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by jacknyoc
Hi, I'm coming up for my first renewal. I would like to keep the card but don't want to pay the renewal fee. Anyone have any success getting it waived outright, or after X number of purchases (Citi does that), or set amount of spend, etc?

Apologies if this has been asked. I searched this site but couldn't find a specific answer.

Thank you.
Not IME. I was spending 60K +, threatened to cancel and got bubkis. I had gotten them to add 50K to my bonus though. There are threads available. I didn't bother to look:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...all-cards.html
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Not IME. I was spending 60K +, threatened to cancel and got bubkis. I had gotten them to add 50K to my bonus though. There are threads available. I didn't bother to look:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...all-cards.html
50K bonus is much better than the AF waived!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:48 pm

No kidding huh ? They changed the bonus from 50 to 100, a couple weeks after my sign up. I gave them a call and they matched. I must say they earned some loyalty there.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
When do they credit you the 7% annual spending bonus?

Also, I booked a vacation package for April through the Ultimate Mall Travelocity link and prepaid it but didn't get the extra points (got the travel bonus though).

Anyone else run into problems getting that bonus?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:07 pm

Dumb question, but if I book travel on UA through Ultimate Rewards, I will still get credit for miles flown on UA? This is not one of those Orbitz/Priceline/Expedia thing?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by pharoah16
Dumb question, but if I book travel on UA through Ultimate Rewards, I will still get credit for miles flown on UA? This is not one of those Orbitz/Priceline/Expedia thing?
Yes, you will still get credit for miles flown. It's not a dumb question, a lot of people have the same question.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
difficulties using card

Has anyone else experienced difficulties with running the card through. The card looks a little different then most cards, and the stripe isn't highly visible so I think many times the clerk run it through backward. This happens most often in foreign countries but seems to occur more frequently in higher class establishments in foreign countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.